Renaming ibrox

GTMLivo

How can any of you even consider renaming our stadium for me this is something I never want to a see happen I don't care it it's for 4 million loan or a 4 million one off payment...

Ibrox is the stadium my grandad took me too watch rangers I don't want to visit the sports direct arena or whatever they would call it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easymoney and much required. If some daft owner wants to pay decent money to name it their company for a few years then where's the harm in that?? A deal as such could decide whether or not we sign a couple of good players or continue the way we are all because of sentiment

It wont be permanent ( or for good)

Its free money, anyone who matters will still call it Ibrox, and wheb the lease rubs out, it goea back to officialy being so.

How is it free money if its a loan , we must be the only club in history to pay for someone else to have their name on our stadium , absolute madness

Would you rather admin 2?

Or sell wallace and lewis?

Or close auchenhowie?

Or put Ibrox up as an securable asset?

Or make players / staff redundant.

Its not ideal but given the instability for investors due to uof campaigns and poor ST uptake etc, where do you propose we find this necessary income?

Plenty on here and UoF provide barriers and problems, very few alternative viable solutions.

It will always be Ibrox no matter what its called on paper - the as St James was always St James down at Newcastle.

im happy to take money from sponsors via this way and then when that deal runs out someone else come in and sponsor the name.

we need money and this is a no brainer in my opinion.

How is it free money if its a loan , we must be the only club in history to pay for someone else to have their name on our stadium , absolute madness

What are you on about? It won't be done for a loan, don't talk mince, you should stop reading twitter rumours.

Not a prob with renaming as it's really only mentioned during broadcasts and it will always be Ibrox.

One way to look on the loan is that your actually saving on an interest payment so although it's seems free it's actually a saving.

For the record, it shouldn't be a loan unless the deal is right.

At the end of the day we will always call it Ibrox. If some A-hole wants to pay us a rake of cash to have their company in the name well I'd take it. It's only when it's on TV they'd mention it, though going by some of the idiots that commentate on games, they'd probably still call it Ibrox. As far as I'm aware TV or newspapers would be under no obligation to call it the renamed name, though going by the media up here I'm sure they'd love to point it out at any opportunity.

It would have to be REALLY worth our while though.

I really cant understand why so many get upset at this. Makes me think theyre just using any excuse to attack the board. We are in desperate need of money and this is a way of getting it that changes nothing, who cared what the official name is it will always be known as Ibrox.

Spot on , we are making zero money now and some of the experts on here think its ok to borrow another £4m .

Ridiculous to allow anyone to LOAN us money to put his brand over the stadium.

If its true , the club if still being run by fools who should be nowhere near any business..........