No excuses about the challenge cup this year

GOAT

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only acceptable excuse would be......

we played with mostly our youth team to give them game time and experience, and they failed.

that I would accept, but I think we can safely rule that out.

id actually prefer to win this one and play the kids in the league cup.

I'd like to win it, but I can think of 3 more important competitions to concentrate on,

Well this cup and the league is the bare minimum, and so far we've failed to do whats expected of us. If we lose this trophy again this year McCoist has again failed as manager.

We should be aiming to win one of the other cups aswell and a good solid run in the other.

This meaningless trophy ? Naw, I don't care. Imo we should give our youth a chance to shine in this competition.

Was it meaningless at Easter Road last April?

Might not be the biggest competition we'll compete in but we should be taking the chance to have every trophy in Scotland on our record books

Was it meaningless at Easter Road last April?

Might not be the biggest competition we'll compete in but we should be taking the chance to have every trophy in Scotland on our record books

Obviously if we're in the final, look clueless and are humiliated then its a different story. Apart from that ? Meh.

I was angrier at the lack of idea from McCoist than the actual loss in the final.

How can anybody say it's meaningless? We'll have countless other chances to win the LC and SC for decades to come. We will never (I hope) have the chance to win this cup again for the rest of our time. Imo this is THE cup to win this season*

*and the only one we have a realistic chance of lifting.

Hearts and Hibs both out now.

We need to win it this year.

No we don't need to win it this year. I really could not give a fuck if we never won it. Hearts have just been shown for what they are - not an awful lot of fuck all. Too much tripe on this forum saying we are threatened - these twats don't even come close. We will romp this league but we have to be ready for the next step-up.- this is what we have been waiting for and by Christ we better be looking forward and not caring about those who have been trampled on the way up .

No we don't need to win it this year. I really could not give a fuck if we never won it. Hearts have just been shown for what they are - not an awful lot of fuck all. Too much tripe on this forum saying we are threatened - these twats don't even come close. We will romp this league but we have to be ready for the next step-up.- this is what we have been waiting for and by Christ we better be looking forward and not caring about those who have been trampled on the way up .

No, we do need to win it. No ifs or buts.

Honestly, are some of you even Rangers supporters? We don't need to win cups? Fuck me.

Obviously not as big a supporter as you, Sir Rangers. :praise:

You support the most successful football club on the planet and you don't care whether win a cup or not. Nae wonder our supports so fucking fractured. Shameful.

Maybe some have been too spoiled.

Well this cup and the league is the bare minimum, and so far we've failed to do whats expected of us. If we lose this trophy again this year McCoist has again failed as manager.

We should be aiming to win one of the other cups aswell and a good solid run in the other.

I'd prefer we concentrated on the Scottish Cup mate. The sooner we qualify for Europe the better.

Imagine us playing in Europe next season at the first possible opportunity.... back to where we belong. That's where it's at for me. Priorities.