Why are we allowing Regan to host a game at Ibrox?

Tontospal

Following on from the VB article about Regan and his disgusting dereliction of duty, why are Rangers playing host to the SFA when Scotland play Georgia in October?

For me, letting them play that match at our stadium shows that the club not only couldn't care less about what the haters and their followers wrongly put us through but demonstrates that those in charge actually condone his actions.

Which brings us to the support. It is our club and our ground so why is their no campaign or public outcry over Rangers helping out the SFA?

I imagine a contract has been signed and it would be costly for us to break it but I wonder if whoever agreed to the SFA's request even considered their role and lack of support. We could quite easily have no club never mind ground for them to play the match thanks to their lack of support.

Of course some of the apathetic amongst our support will probably have already bought their tickets.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't helping out the SFA we are renting them our stadium. Nowhere does it look like we are condoning theor actions, unless playing in SFA sanctioned competitions also means we are condoning it too

Two different situations.

We are a Scottish football club and as such OuR only option is to play in competitions run under the auspices of the national association.

There is no obligation to let them use our stadium. Rangers should not be buildings bridges or doing favours for any of our haters. The thought of Regan, Liewell and the rest of their cronies lording it up in our boardroom and acting as hosts turns my stomach.

We are a Scottish football club and as such OuR only option is to play in competitions run under the auspices of the national association.

There is no obligation to let them use our stadium. Rangers should not be buildings bridges or doing favours for any of our haters. The thought of Regan, Liewell and the rest of their cronies lording it up in our boardroom and acting as hosts turns my stomach.

Again, we're not doing them a favour. They are renting our stadium at a price. Would you rather it was parkhead and they got paid for it?

If the non renewers had bought their season tickets, and the folk who bought fake shirts had bought real ones instead, maybe the club could afford to turn money down.

Until then there is a deficit to be made up.

Can't have your cake and eat it.

Expected responses about taking the SFA's money as we're a business. We are a football club first and foremost and if it was down to the SFA and their fellow Rangers haters we wouldn't be.

Perhaps if the SFA had performed their governance role properly or even helped such a prestigious member we wouldn't be so desperate for cash.

Also if we had been more prudent with the money raised in the last few years we wouldn't have to rely on renting out the stadium for cash that allows Regan, Liewell etc to treat Ibrox as their home.

After everything that has happened I would ban the two of them from entering the ground never mind greeting them like long lost buddies. But hey they're ok because they're paying us for the privilege despite the fact the fee won't come close to the money we have been deprived of in recent years thanks to the punitive actions of the Scottish football administrators.

I dont like us letting the SFA use Ibrox or us helping any SPFL club. But the best way for us to get revenge is us being as strong as possible, so let them rent ibrox, well make money from it and when were back at the top and in a good financial position hopefully the board will have the bottle to lead the attack and get revenge on these cunts.

Perhaps if our fans would only buy season tickets and such, the club wouldn't need to consider all revenue streams.

You're not the only one, however, there are plenty of us who would be cribbing if all the games were being handed out to the Glitterdome.

We need to make our minds up......

The revenue will come in handy - I might say different if we were selling out every week.

First a football team, second a business much in need of money.

Can you imagine the outcry from the anti board brigade if the board had rejected the chance to recoup some of the money the SFA withheld from us.

The haters would have it all over the media as A Petulant Act by RFC.

Its my baw an you're no playin wi it.

Expected responses about taking the SFA's money as we're a business. We are a football club first and foremost and if it was down to the SFA and their fellow Rangers haters we wouldn't be.

Perhaps if the SFA had performed their governance role properly or even helped such a prestigious member we wouldn't be so desperate for cash.

Also if we had been more prudent with the money raised in the last few years we wouldn't have to rely on renting out the stadium for cash that allows Regan, Liewell etc to treat Ibrox as their home.

After everything that has happened I would ban the two of them from entering the ground never mind greeting them like long lost buddies. But hey they're ok because they're paying us for the privilege despite the fact the fee won't come close to the money we have been deprived of in recent years thanks to the punitive actions of the Scottish football administrators.

I'm not sure that the people you mention are treating Ibrox as their home!

We all know where these people lay their hats. It's certainly NOT at Ibrox.

SPL/SPFL, SFA..... CORRUPT TO THE CORE.

Following on from the VB article about Regan and his disgusting dereliction of duty, why are Rangers playing host to the SFA when Scotland play Georgia in October?

For me, letting them play that match at our stadium shows that the club not only couldn't care less about what the haters and their followers wrongly put us through but demonstrates that those in charge actually condone his actions.

Which brings us to the support. It is our club and our ground so why is their no campaign or public outcry over Rangers helping out the SFA?

I imagine a contract has been signed and it would be costly for us to break it but I wonder if whoever agreed to the SFA's request even considered their role and lack of support. We could quite easily have no club never mind ground for them to play the match thanks to their lack of support.

Of course some of the apathetic amongst our support will probably have already bought their tickets.

Grow up.

We get revenue, it's our national team not Regans. Pathetic thread!

It's probably part of the contract that all teams sign when getting SFA membership. They probably get to use any stadium they want for Scotland games.(I don't know this to be fact, it's just a guess)

I wouldn't loose sleep over things like this, the main thing is we need to keep pressure on Regan and then the rest of the people who would have seen us go out of the game even if it would have ruined Scottish football.