Easdales and mcoll bid for ship yard?

eddie bagan

My old man who was 100 last week worked at fergusons when it was good.

So the Easdales at least are showing they care about an insitution

on the clyde that represents glasgow - the clyde and the city

Shipbuilding was a major employer for the city the QE2 built the best in my view ever .

Surely if they can get capital for that it should be invested in the sinking ship they already have!. Another example of investing in something going under and sellin off whatever they can!

Mmmmmm, I know some 'Bagans' from Falkirk. Let's just say they're not bluenoses!

Surely if they can get capital for that it should be invested in the sinking ship they already have!. Another example of investing in something going under and sellin off whatever they can!

The beasts can get some State Aid and buy it.

I think he's getting at, how can they bid (albeit they've now withdrawn) for a ship yard but they can't chip in to help ease our financial problems.

In my personal view, the Easdale's submitted a 'conditional bid' for a PR exercise- perhaps a bid to fix their reputation in Inverclyde.

And what "reputation" would that be pray tell? Facts now please. :7325:

I think he's getting at, how can they bid (albeit they've now withdrawn) for a ship yard but they can't chip in to help ease our financial problems.

In my personal view, the Easdale's submitted a 'conditional bid' for a PR exercise- perhaps a bid to fix their reputation in Inverclyde.

I am sure they will be "chipping in" in the rights issue, and most likely any other share issues. How else do you suggest they "chip in"?

Give us a loan? that went down well last time, people said it was a scam to get a hold of our assets remember.

So why on earth is this next rights issue appearing doomed?

Why does it even have to be a loan? ;)

Should they just donate money likes? Would any sane businessman?

I'll wait on the announcement of how much we bring in before calling it doomed tbh.

I suspect they'd be looking to put in the money to take over Fergusons then look to work with the Government etc to get contracts for it rather than pump all their own resources into it. Same as they've done at Rangers actually if you change the word Government for other investors/hedge funds.

They do have history in Greenock/Inverclyde of taking over a struggling, skilled business and turning it around. Blairs window makers I believe.