What a difference.

simon

The two big differences for me are the Clark, Boyd partnership and moving Jig into the middle of the park. Lee never looked Happy filling in at CB and looks a lot more comfortable being able to break up play further forward.

Nicky and Kris look like they've played together for years. Clark does the hard yards and will run all day allowing Boyd to make his 10 yard runs between the CB's.

It has only been 2 games against poor opposition but people have been crying out for a higher standard of perfomances and we've had that the last 180 minutes.

Certainly a vast improvement but still not good enough for me. Lackadaisical far too often. Careless passing and poor crosses. Second half we almost stopped trying at times. This was bottom of the league we were playing at home. Hearts won 4 nil away at Kirkcaldy and I'm willing to bet that we won't equal that score when we visit the same venue in 3 weeks. One stupid banana skin game could put us 6 points behind. They clearly concentrate on the league as was seen with their second string in the cup game. We underestimate them at our peril.

Certainly a vast improvement but still not good enough for me. Lackadaisical far too often. Careless passing and poor crosses. Second half we almost stopped trying at times. This was bottom of the league we were playing at home. Hearts won 4 nil away at Kirkcaldy and I'm willing to bet that we won't equal that score when we visit the same venue in 3 weeks. One stupid banana skin game could put us 6 points behind. They clearly concentrate on the league as was seen with their second string in the cup game. We underestimate them at our peril.

It's 3 games in ffs :lol:

People act like this hearts team are world beaters. Come Christmas they will have dropped a shit load of points and be battling for the playoff spot.

A better performance today but still a long way to go.

For me Nicky Clarke was outstanding his movement was a joy and Lewis McLeod was very good.

Nicky Law is a far better player without Black and pushing Lee Wallace up was good in the First half.

We are still a bit slow from middle to front, but Dumbarton where pish and offered no threat.

Mhosni goes from One extreme to the other and our Final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

Parelta's delivery was much better when he came on.

Big Zal is settling in and McGregor has Improved.

Still need to be more direct though for me.

It is 100% understood that the standard of opposition is of relevant here but still as others have said it is progress and that's all I've wanted for two years.....we need to build on it though and continue to improve....I'd still like to see some youngsters getting a chance especially in the cup games.

For me Nicky Clarke was outstanding his movement was a joy and Lewis McLeod was very good.

Nicky Law is a far better player without Black and pushing Lee Wallace up was good in the First half.

We are still a bit slow from middle to front, but Dumbarton where pish and offered no threat.

Mhosni goes from One extreme to the other and our Final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

Agree with pretty much it all, it's early days teams don't gel or settle in with in 2 games of a season, could still be a month or 2 away from that or less who knows, but the last 2 games have been an improvement and i'm fairly pleased with what i've seen compared to the pish i've/we've suffered the past 2 years.

Wallace, Macleod, Clarke and Peralta looked good today.

Boyd even done a fair bit of running

Comfortable win, nothing spectacular, but never in doubt.

We will get better.

Hertz were lucky, we will do them at Tynecastle.

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Season for the Hibees :lol:

Hearts resting almost the entire team after 3 games probably proves that they don't have much confidence in that squad to last over the course of the season. Why sacrifice one of the two cups they had a realistic chance to win if they are as good as they seem to think?

Also While it's true that Rangers won't equal that score against Raith that's because they will be a lot more fired up when they play us compared to Hearts. Raith will be more than happy to lie down and let Hearts take all 12 points this season if it hurts Rangers chances, no doubt Turnbull was giving the team talk today.

Enjoyed it today, kept the ball on the deck.

Makes a big difference shoehorning Jig into midfield instead of defence. Allows us to play a higher line and press for the ball, instead of sitting back inviting pressure.

Second half was pretty dull though, would have liked us to really press on and batter a few more past them.

I know it's only Clyde and Dumbarton, but those two games have been night and day compared to our first few.

Not turned the corner yet, but if it continues like this, then we might actually turn it.

I think next Sat will give us a better idea of how much we have or have not improved. (tu)

Clark and Boyd certainly seem to have developed a good relationship and quite quickly.

I've been critical of Jig being selected regardless, however if its a direct choice just now between him and Black then its Jig 10 out of 10 for me,offering more going forward for and Blackhasnt impressed at all recently.

You say its the form players that stay in so I wouldn't change much just now, hopefully a start of more consistency in performance in attitude.

thanks, you just saved me typing.

You summed up my thoughts as well.

Maybe wouldn't go so overboard with Clarke though.

Early days yet , but the last couple of performances are a big improvement , not just since the Hearts game , but since Christmas when we were in Div 3 , other than the odd game here and there.

To me the big difference is , not only are we winning by reasonable margins , but we look as if we could score even more , which wasn't the case for the last 18 months. We could have hit double figures v Clyde and we could have scored 6 or 7 today quite easily .

This is what I expected in the last two seasons and it didn't materialise , which is why Ally is in the position he's now in. Maybe , just maybe , if he can keep this up till the end of the season he may win some of us over.