Made in Britain

Bad Robot

After the No vote should there be a campaign across Britain where we start to promote all things British to bring us all closer together ?

For example, all public buildings including schools should be flying the Union Flag with the saltire etc flown on national days like St Andrews days.

I think the govt should also fund a campaign and give financial assistance for residential properties to install and fly our flag. In America their flag is widespread.

I know we have lots of freedoms but I think it should also be made illegal to desecrate it, burn it or abuse it in any shape or form and this includes verbal abuse of it.

GSTQ should also be sung every morning in the school assemblies or classrooms and it should be broadcast across all tv channels late at night similar to years ago.

GSTQ should also be used during sports even when two of our countries play each other it should be the whole stadium singing as one to show our unity.

If people want to come and live here they must also propelly pledge to the UK and the Crown regardless of their own religion. The current watered down versions currently used today need to be replaced.

Laws should be more stricter regarding anything which is anti-British and for the first few years the police just might need to go in boot first rather than their current policing which seems to be picking up the pieces after a situation has calmed down.

I'm sure there are other suggestions but this isn't about taking away anything about being Scottish but it's more about pushing being British.

After the No vote should there be a campaign across Britain where we start to promote all things British to bring us all closer together ?

For example, all public buildings including schools should be flying the Union Flag with the saltire etc flown on national days like St Andrews days.

I think the govt should also fund a campaign and give financial assistance for residential properties to install and fly our flag. In America their flag is widespread.

I know we have lots of freedoms but I think it should also be made illegal to desecrate it, burn it or abuse it in any shape or form and this includes verbal abuse of it.

Hmmm. Does that include those amended by rangers fans? <cr> In America many flags are flown by civilians including the confederate one. It would open up a hole can of worms you may not like.

GSTQ should also be sung every morning in the school assemblies or classrooms and it should be broadcast across all tv channels late at night similar to years ago.

GSTQ should also be used during sports even when two of our countries play each other it should be the whole stadium singing as one to show our unity.

Let those wanting to be British be so, those feeling the need to express their Scottishness do so and the 'minorities' cling to their culture. Dangerous territory brain-washing folk into being the same. Not very British... more... well.

Hmmm. Does that include those amended by rangers fans? <cr> In America many flags are flown by civilians including the confederate one. It would open up a hole can of worms you may not like.

definitely not but there will be guidance and a special fund for the flag creators :-)

I can only imagine the outcry if in the event of a successful independence vote if the government enforced a pledge of allegiance to the Pope, perhaps to the Celtic nations, maybe Catholicism would be made the national faith we must all adhere to,.......................these are variants to what is being suggested by the OP and they would be terrible, I'm sure you agree.

(tu) exactly.

Put up a Union Jack... sing GSTQ every day. Live like noel coward in the italian job if that is a personal belief in living life - but enforcing it over others... no.

Let those wanting to be British be so, those feeling the need to express their Scottishness do so and the 'minorities' cling to their culture. Dangerous territory brain-washing folk into being the same. Not very British... more... well.

Nothing is changing as all people with a passport are already British. We don't have that choice already as it's a wonderful birthright and this is just promoting that. As for immigrants they do get to make that choice if they accept to live and work here.

Nothing is changing as all people with a passport are already British. We don't have that choice already as it's a wonderful birthright and this is just promoting that. As for immigrants they do get to make that choice if they accept to live and work here.

I was more specificaly addressing the points in bold about education and sports/culture for 'native' folk rather than passports/immigration issues.

The simplest thing to do would be to exercise your right to vote.

Then, the No vote would put to bed this foolish, romantic, emotional notion of separation from the Union of Crowns.

Then, we could all get back to sanity and enjoy the normal right to be Scottish/British or vice versa within this glorious United Kingdom.

Oh! and to all the Ghuests, God Save The Queen, Her Britannic Majesty.

:7325: