Autographs after game...

DrFunke

Do the players still sign autographs after the game if you wait at main doors? Used to stay years ago during advocaats years and get signatures when I was a kid. Now stepson wants to get some autographs and we are travelling up from Northumberland next week.

My boys did this a few years ago and used to wait at the John Greig statue , as I think they came out a side door there.

The young players and the Americans , then , were good at it , as was Steve Davis , being the captain.

Lafferty , Naismith , McGregor and Jela would always avoid it , on the 3 or 4 times they were there , by sneaking out another door somewhere.

My boys did this a few years ago and used to wait at the John Greig statue , as I think they came out a side door there.

The young players and the Americans , then , were good at it , as was Steve Davis , being the captain.

Lafferty , Naismith , McGregor and Jela would always avoid it , on the 3 or 4 times they were there , by sneaking out another door somewhere.

Brilliant. Cheers!

Yes, the side door behind the statue, not the main entrance. You'll usually see a few kids hanging around there after the game. (tu)

the dross that the kids have to watch now a days players should be making a extra effort to sign autographs. Once we are in the top league and none of these guys are playing bar 3/4 of them, the rest will be wishing they lapped it all up when kids came running up for autographs rather than when they are working getting orders from a manager to stack shelves

I remember Walter turning up for an Old Firm game after he left, I'm sure it was the one Aluko scored the opener, and between the car park at the school to the main entrance, he must have signed hundreds of autographs and smiled for tons of pictures in a 200 yard journey which actually took half-an-hour.

It doesn't shock me that Lafferty, McGregor and Naismith tried to avoid signing autographs. They strike me as that type, even despite what they done.

Many thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of memories. A very young Colin Jackson and Alex Miller could not have been nicer; Henderson was nice the second time, not the first. Davie Wilson and Ralph Brand were also very courteous and so was Jim Cruickshank of Hertz. Big thrill to meet Davie Wilson decades later at a harmony and share a chat with him. Over here, the hockey players actually charge for autographs ...................... this will happen soon in Scotland.