How do we hit back on re-entering the SPL?

The Educator

On listening to a discussion on this topic during the archive of last evenings Rangers Chat it occurs to me that maybe our board should do the following. I believe the club should decline any away allocation of tickets from clubs who were instrumental in our being voted out of the SPL. If the rules say we have to accept an away allocation we should take the minimum allowed under the rules. One would hope that the fans would the themselves refuse to buy them and they would then be returned to the said clubs along with a demand for an administration fee for having been forced to offer them for sale.

This policy should continue until the SPL delivers to the club all of the cash that was procured from us under the 5-way agreement. There should be no repayment plan for this cash it should be paid to the club in one lump sum including the appropriate amount of interest that the money would have earned in a bank account.

It saddens me when I hear fans denouncing the idea of a boycott of thee clubs, as a support we should be doing everything possible to help our own finances while doing the same to starve these clubs of any financial gain from our return to the top division. As a starting point we should start this now by targeting Hearts, Hibs, and any other Championship opposition who were involved in the vote to remove us from the SPL. If the greater body of the fans cannot see how much we can damage these clubs by denying them access to the Blue Pound the board must come forward and lead from the front on this matter.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best way to 'hit back' is to win the league, simple. Can we do it under the current management team; therein lies the problem.

Boycotts have already been proven unworkable though in my heart I'd like to see the clubs who voted 'aggressively' to boot us out of the top-tier to be starved of cash. In addition many of these clubs have 'supporters' who although not regulars would turn up out of spite if we were to organize a boycott.

Best solution buy your ticket but spend nothing else at away grounds and just hope we improve enough to kickass --- nothing like a humbling defeat by the Gers to instill a sense of reality.

Strongly believe away games should be boycotted for one season to highlight every other week how much Rangers were treated like criminals without a trial and how even with the benefit of hindsight no one has shown remorse and in fact one chairman still maintains we are a two year old club.How any Rangers fan can step foot in scumdee's ground to me is very sad to put it mildly.

Good post mate but sadly we have the apathetic world champion support .Winning is all that matters mentality ,let's just build bridges from the current management .Only Vb have an spunk about them within our support .Maybe boycots don't work but I would be ashamed of any bear that is seen buying any product from the catering at any of the games with our scum rivals .Again Appathy will reign is my bet

Good post mate but sadly we have the apathetic world champion support .Winning is all that matters mentality ,let's just build bridges from the current management .Only Vb have an spunk about them within our support .Maybe boycots don't work but I would be ashamed of any bear that is seen buying any product from the catering at any of the games with our scum rivals .Again Appathy will reign is my bet

We couldn't even get a full boycott of that scum from Dundee

In order to hit back we need to get back, and that's a bigger concern at the moment. The way we have started the campaign and the way Hearts have started the campaign is worrying and Ally's track record in Cup competitions gives me no confidence in his ability to see us through the playoffs.

Maybe if we sign another backup goalkeeper or former player we stand a better chance.

Strongly believe away games should be boycotted for one season to highlight every other week how much Rangers were treated like criminals without a trial and how even with the benefit of hindsight no one has shown remorse and in fact one chairman still maintains we are a two year old club.How any Rangers fan can step foot in scumdee's ground to me is very sad to put it mildly.

Not gonna happen we have fangroups who are selfish cnuts.

In order to hit back we need to get back, and that's a bigger concern at the moment. The way we have started the campaign and the way Hearts have started the campaign is worrying and Ally's track record in Cup competitions gives me no confidence in his ability to see us through the playoffs.

Maybe if we sign another backup goalkeeper or former player we stand a better chance.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hearts, hibs and all the rest will be boycotted by this bear. My morals remain firmly intact.

I`m with you on that one. I will never go to an away game again. All the money I spend will be on Rangers only.

After all the disgusting behaviour of the SFA , I also stopped going to Scotland games.

What OP is suggesting will never happen, neither will winning the league. Im just hoping we wont get embarrassed, the club has shown it has no intention of defending us, or fighting for anything that is "oldcos problem"

I want us to finish in the top 4 and pump the tims at Ibrox, and not get embarrassed, but even thats asking too much probably.

it's all fine saying "we'll no buy their pies/bovril" or "don't give them any seats". but our club won't stand up and defend itself. it wants to build bridges and forgive these cunts. a jellyfish has more spine.

we'll do the talking on the pitch. skelp that mhanky mhob a bheasts an every other dirty club tae fuck. nothing less.