Rangers fans for yes

MisterC

And how long for a republic vote? It will be the beginning of the end if we become independent.

If a yes vote goes through getting rid of the monarchy will be high on the agenda, make no mistake about that.

It's no wonder that our club and support is a shambles if this is the way of the modern day Rangers fan.

We will never be the mighty club we once were until we regain the traditional beliefs that made our club great. We are a British club playing in Scotland and I have seen scores more union flags than saltires at matches over the years.

Where do some of these cretins come from?

Why support a club that's greatness is built on loyalist, unionist and protestant principles and traditions when you have no tract with those beliefs? It can't be because of the football so why don't they go to Firhill if they want to support a team with no 'baggage'?

Rangers used to be more than a club, sadly that is no longer the case. It used to be about much more than the football. We had a common identity that united the support and we were all the better for it.

Too many are embarrassed or ashamed of many of the things that are the foundations of our club. It was good enough for Rangers greats such as Struth, Waddell and Wallace. All three of whom I imagine would be strong No voters.

Reading this post makes angry but sad at the same time...

I am a protestant and against independence but we live in a different time now, Rangers are the quintessential British club, but the days of Rangers fans being staunch loyalist and only protestants are long gone! I know that me and most of my mates will go to games, sing the odd song, etc but most people grow out of it and younger generations simply aren't interested, the Orange Order is in decline and has been for years!

There's no denying that those values played a huge part in where Rangers are just now but they don't apply to me.

If people want to vote yes for independence then good for them, if you want to label them cretins then that's up to you, but people cant complain about them canvassing at a football match when every other week people sing "shove your independence up your arse", "if you hate Alex Sammond clap your hands" its embarrassing!

The vote has nothing to do with Rangers. People should not vote purely because they support a football team.

This vote could be the most important thing for people of Scottland in our life time. To vote just because the guy that sits next to you or hands you a flyer at the game would be madness.

Vote NO because it's the right thing to do not because of the team you support.

Reading this post makes angry but sad at the same time...

I am a protestant and against independence but we live in a different time now, Rangers are the quintessential British club, but the days of Rangers fans being staunch loyalist and only protestants are long gone! I know that me and most of my mates will go to games, sing the odd song, etc but most people grow out of it and younger generations simply aren't interested, the Orange Order is in decline and has been for years!

There's no denying that those values played a huge part in where Rangers are just now but they don't apply to me.

If people want to vote yes for independence then good for them, if you want to label them cretins then that's up to you, but people cant complain about them canvassing at a football match when every other week people sing "shove your independence up your arse", "if you hate Alex Sammond clap your hands" its embarrassing!

I am one of the fans you speak of!

My family had and still has Protestant beliefs, I just did not carry them in to my adult life - probably because I left my family behind to join the RAF and met plenty of differently opinionated people, from different parts of the country.

I did not start following Rangers because of any Protestant links, nor did I do it for the football - I did it because I doted on my Grandad and I was happy to follow his team - my team today and my son's today/tomorrow.

In terms of voting, I have no idea where my pen is going to go - at the moment - but I will make up my mind by sitting down and taking in ALL arguments. I can tell you one thing that WILL NOT sway my thinking - Football.

I am Scottish, supporting a Scottish club with British heritage, but have heard these arguments about not being a true fan for not being a Prod. It just does not sit right with me and I think that the majority of Protestants can understand those who follow Rangers for the football and/or family reasons - they may not like it but they accept it. It is the minority of Protestants that may have listened to the bells and whistles but fell asleep during the teachings of everyone has a right to think for themselves and that includes Rangers fans. The same who fell asleep at the bit where they were told Protestantism is not a prerequisite for being a Rangers fan.

This guy will continue to believe he is a Ranger because he is a Prod or vice versa - not much chance of us changing his view.

So the fastest growing economy in the Western world "can't get any worse than it is now"???

So when a currency union is denied and Scotland starts using the pound with no central bank and no lender of last resort, forcing many businesses, especially UK-wide businesses to leave the country, ensuring the economy declines, investment declines, jobs decline and inevitably the Scottish budget declines... how daft will your "well it can't get any worse" comment seem then?

If Scotland votes Yes it will already have a £6bn+ hole in its budget so things will get worse before they improve, if ever. Salmond intends to lower corporation tax also. How will all that be paid for? Public spending would have to be reduced or YOUR taxes would have to be increased.

What would an independent Scotland have done during the banking crisis in 2008? Who would have provided the bailout funds? What would the interest rate have been? Would they have even been bailed out at all?

Who would have saved the Grangemouth oil plant in 2013 had the UK not provided £150m at short notice?

The great thing about being part of a wider union is that if one bit fails, it has many other parts to back it up until the failing bit gets back on its feet. It's like an insurance policy. An independent Scotland wouldn't have that.

Of course the United Kingdom is better together.

Some good points in there but the UK isn't the fastest growing economy in the West, in Europe Ireland is the fastest growing economy currently I believe.

The vote has nothing to do with Rangers. People should not vote purely because they support a football team.

This vote could be the most important thing for people of Scottland in our life time. To vote just because the guy that sits next to you or hands you a flyer at the game would be madness.

Vote NO because it's the right thing to do not because of the team you support.

I don't agree with your first line. As a high profile business operating in Scotland, the vote most certainly has something to do with Rangers?

It'll affect all businesses and employees and that includes Rangers.

People shouldn't vote No because they support Rangers. However people who support Rangers have already displayed good judgement and I'd like to think they'd continue in this vein by telling Salmond and his hang of anti English, anti British bigots to fuck off.

Some good points in there but the UK isn't the fastest growing economy in the West, in Europe Ireland is the fastest growing economy currently I believe.

Ironically one of the up and coming fast growing economies is Panama lol but Darling doesn't want to be a country with an economy growing at a rate of a little more than 10x of that of the UK

Folk are getting confused here, its not that you should vote No because you support Rangers, its that you shouldnt support Rangers if you vote yes. Baffles me that people who dont want to be British would chose to support the quintessential British club. Why support something that stands for what youre against.

And all this "for my kids future" waffle, folk act like the UKs going down the drain stop spouting lies. Youre voting yes vecause of some rabbie burns tarten coated birthday card pish.

Folk are getting confused here, its not that you should vote No because you support Rangers, its that you shouldnt support Rangers if you vote yes. Baffles me that people who dont want to be British would chose to support the quintessential British club. Why support something that stands for what youre against.

And all this "for my kids future" waffle, folk act like the UKs going down the drain stop spouting lies. Youre voting yes vecause of some rabbie burns tarten coated birthday card pish.

misinformed nonsense, rangers is my club as it was the club I grew up supporting and my whole family support so much so my first name Graeme was from Souness , I support any soldier willing to put their life on the line in the british army for their fellow soldiers ( which I have family who have fought in wars )

Im voting yes to stop our soldiers being sent to illegal wars like Afghanistan where the UK asked the Taliban to protect the oil pipelines and when they said no they invaded and tortured men women and children all in the name of Great Britain.

Rangers is a british Club does that make me have to hate them ? no! I also use British Gas , British Telecoms and work for Royal Mail

so keep your pish to yourself because you sound like a clown !!!

misinformed nonsense, rangers is my club as it was the club I grew up supporting and my whole family support so much so my first name Graeme was from Souness , I support any soldier willing to put their life on the line in the british army for their fellow soldiers ( which I have family who have fought in wars )

Im voting yes to stop our soldiers being sent to illegal wars like Afghanistan where the UK asked the Taliban to protect the oil pipelines and when they said no they invaded and tortured men women and children all in the name of Great Britain.

Rangers is a british Club does that make me have to hate them ? no! I also use British Gas , British Telecoms and work for Royal Mail

You calling someone else a clown after that post. Ok then.

So your only voting yes so no more afghans get killed. In your view.

No other reasons no?

The yes people always seem to have this idea that a scottish government will somehow be more moral than a UK one ... if you want to see how much Scotland believes in fair play look at the way they have treated their biggest football club in its darkest hour