***The Official Ryder Cup 2014 thread***

Mickelson looks a bit spent to me, struggles in singles match play and struggles to hit fairways, which on this course will punish him. A solid tee to green performance from Gallacher, with the crowd behind him will allow Gallacher to win IMO. Well that's what i've put a bet on anyway! :)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there today, and it was immense.

The atmosphere was electric.

I was there when poulter chipped in for the 4, and the buzz was similar to us scoring against the tims at a packed Ibrox.

Back again tomorrow, prediction is for Garcia to win the trophy.

That's the group I'll be following anyway.

Sorry but - just cant get into this golf team stuff - its like turning boxing into tag team .

Apologies to the golf fraternity

as dragons den duncan ballantyne says - i'm out !! - rather watch ally,s team bore me to death .

Just had to input the NO vote to golf its a free country seemingly now .

Thought this Ryder cup would be a lot closer than this,hopefully Europe will close it out but the event although hugely entertaining is becoming far too one sided for me.

I'm not so sure mate. I think Watson has made a total arse of this. Look at his team out with his stupid picks.

The majority of them have been in and about majors for years/this year also.

Watson - Won a major.

Fowler - Been on the heels of Rory all year in majors.

Mickleson - Always in contention in majors and without a doubt one of the best players in the world.

Spieth & Reed - Arguably the best youngsters in the game. Spieth will be world No 1 soon.

Furyk - Solid experience and was in the top 15 in every major this year finishing 4th at the Open.

Kuchar - Solid player came 5th at the Masters.

Walker - Finished in the top 10 of three majors this year.

They also could have had Dustin Johnson (obviously he's out right now) Chris Kirk and Billy Horscel. It really is a strong US side. I blame Watson mainly but also have to look at why the Americans simply can't get as motivated as the Europeans.

Watson's decision to drop Spieth and Reed on Friday afternoon was absolutely baffling. Had he sent them out instead of Mickleson and Bradley they'd have won the point and the other pair could have regrouped for yesterday.

how do you know? Golf is a sport where you can have little impact on how your opponents play. They might have played well and lost anyway or played badly and lost.

If this was the case you would be saying why did Watson pick the rookies twice?

Captains influence is vastly over rated all they have to do is pick good foursomes teams, which is normally easy and the rest is luck of running order, squad abilty and form on the day.