***The Official Ryder Cup 2014 thread***

Sense that the Europeans maybe a bit over confident at this stage, I can't see the Europeans just turning up and hammering the Americans,can see it being close again with maybe only a point in it either way.

bookies have the europeans as clear clear favourites as well, hope it doesnt come back to bite them on the arse

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the story with Dubuissons childhood/upbringing??

read something the other day where he said he left school at 12 to play golf and that his folks werent around, there was also a quote from Thomas Levet saying something along the lines of "i know, and sometimes it isnt nice to talk about bad things"

hahaha sounds strange as fuck.

also the Mcilroy/McDowell court stuff could be interesting,, i think they are making too big a deal about still being pals

Been swaying more and more towards a USA win. Think the Europeans appear over confident and I noticed that Mickelson and Fowler are targetting Poulter. Some decent odds on a US victory by two or two and a half points. Think it's also worth betting on halfs for the overall winning margin/score because as soon as one team has won the remaining games tend to shake hands and half their match.

Got tickets for Saturday and Sunday, reckon it's gonna be very close. I don't think Westwood should have been picked but other than that It's a strong European side - I have some doubts about Bjorn and Dubuisson but we'll see; should be a fantastic weekend anyway.

Absolutely buzzing for it!

Strange pairings by Mcginley in my opinion. Especially the first one, breaking Poulter and Rose seems a strange one. Think they should have been out first to get the team going. America are definitely going for that with Simpson and Watson.

Don't get me wrong, McIlroy & Serge VS Bradley and Mickelson will be fantastic!

Absolutely buzzing for it!

Strange pairings by Mcginley in my opinion. Especially the first one, breaking Poulter and Rose seems a strange one. Think they should have been out first to get the team going. America are definitely going for that with Simpson and Watson.

Don't get me wrong, McIlroy & Serge VS Bradley and Mickelson will be fantastic!

I think he knows how poorly Poulter has played this year.

FRIDAY'S FOURBALLS:

Match 1: Bubba Watson/Webb Simpson v Justin Rose/Henrik Stenson

Match 2: Rickie Fowler/Jimmy Walker v Thomas Bjorn/Martin Kaymer

Match 3: Jordan Spieth/Patrick Reed v Stephen Gallacher/Ian Poulter

Match 4: Keegan Bradley/Phil Mickelson v Rory McIlroy/Sergio Garcia

Almost precisely why he should keep him with Rose. Instead he puts him with a rookie.

I understand that he's trying to get him to feed off the atmosphere round Gallagher put it's a big decision.

Yep big call either way.

I think he and Gallagher might surprise people. They'll get a fantastic reception, and as you say, Poulter thrives on that.

I'm not looking forward to it as much as I should but I think that's due to the amount of tarriers involved. Part of me wants Europe to win, the other part of me wants McGinley, Gallacher and Kaymers caddie to get beat ha ha

I'm not looking forward to it as much as I should but I think that's due to the amount of tarriers involved. Part of me wants Europe to win, the other part of me wants McGinley, Gallacher and Kaymers caddie to get beat ha ha

im sure i read Kaymer had replaced his caddie a couple of months ago

edit: scrap that,, they are back together

To balance that Keegan Bradley has a Sellik head cover.

I reckon you need to pick Poulter for the morning. He's too arrogant a player to let bad form worry him, I think in his mind he's a certain win. The only thing that would dent that confidence is the thought that the captain didn't share it.

His experience alongside Gallagher should give Europe a good chance.