If Ally Walks ... Who Next?

BroxyBear17

Ally no doubt thinks he can still take Rangers to the Championship this season. He'll look at the other results this season and use these as his excuse.

Okay, fair enough. But this side would not make it into the top half of the Premiership. I cannot abide the thought that a Dave King or other would actually entrust Ally with millions for strenghtening the squad. He'll squander it!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy Davies has been sacked a couple of times and hasn't managed in Scotland for years, and when he did he wasn't all that good.

With McCall at the helm we could hit the ground running and I believe challenge for the title straight away, given how naive the tims manager is.

Anyway it's all ifs, buts and maybes. Unless we get beat 4-0 by Dumbarton or something he's not going to leave and we can't afford to sack him.

Billy Davies has been sacked a couple of times and hasn't managed in Scotland for years, and when he did he wasn't all that good.

With McCall at the helm we could hit the ground running and I believe challenge for the title straight away, given how naive the tims manager is.

Anyway it's all ifs, buts and maybes. Unless we get beat 4-0 by Dumbarton or something he's not going to leave and we can't afford to sack him.

I'd take Davies. He got THAT Derby team to the PL. I don't see why he couldn't get our curent team up. All they need is someone who isn't their pal to tell them to get to work on time and do their job.

The template for what it is to be Rangers manager, in the last decade, has been put in place by Walter Smith. That is nothing to do with style of play, because every manager will have a team playing in a distinctive style, but in results, and the task is to find the new Walter Smith. Is Ally the new Walter Smith? Well going by results then he isn't. The duty of a manager is to get the best from his players, and I don't see any evidence that this is happening. For me, reluctantly, Ally is not the man to manage Rangers.

McCalls whos team have lost twice in a row to Hamilton Accies and who has a worse cup record than McCoist?

No thanks.

Whoever it is that might take charge had better be able to organise this Super-shambles quickly, otherwise there is a very real possibility that we may founder this season. Surely the players that we have retain some semblance of professional ability and acumen that can be harnessed to see us challenge; at the very least I demand respectable performances more often than not.

This crisis was predicted by many of us, and we were facetiously labelled "fortune tellers" by the Blindly Loyal - as if took a tea-leaf reader to foresee that incessantly insipid displays and a chronic lack of chances would sooner or later precipitate disaster. I wonder what their excuses will be this time around?