Would you take another year in the Championship...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If he stays, we will be lucky to go up.

My main concern is that the board will wait until promotion is mathematically impossible before acting, ie another season in this league

He has to go but it may take failure to go up to actually make it happen.

Tbh, if we end up losing against Livingston I can see Ally walking.

Livi are one of the worst teams in the league, they got pumped silly by Hearts last week, we wont lose...not a chance.

Even in our shitty condition with a muppet in charge we will have too much for them.

Just out of curiosity to those who say we couldn't survive another year outside the top flight (I personally don't know if this would be wrong or right) how much of a difference in finance are we talking about ? I get it there would be more in the way of prize money and tv rights etc but with the supposed fairer distributions between the new founded SPFL how much more are we talking about ? Would it really be the difference between survival and going out of the game altogether ?

Livi are one of the worst teams in the league, they got pumped silly by Hearts last week, we wont lose...not a chance.

Even in our shitty condition with a muppet in charge we will have too much for them.

Correct. We'll win 1-0 with a shitey deflected goal and Ally will be "delighted with the response by the players".

Only to go and get gubbed by Hearts again at Tynecastle.

We will get promotion - and with Ally - stop flapping

Serious question mate, because I usually just laugh at your posts.

But how many points behind do we have to go before you think we won't claw it back, remembering that we have 2 away games at the 2 teams who beat us at home.

Just out of curiosity to those who say we couldn't survive another year outside the top flight (I personally don't know if this would be wrong or right) how much of a difference in finance are we talking about ? I get it there would be more in the way of prize money and tv rights etc but with the supposed fairer distributions between the new founded SPFL how much more are we talking about ? Would it really be the difference between survival and going out of the game altogether ?

Season tickets are poor this year never mind another year in the Championship.

Dougie Freedman just left Bolton by mutual consent...ooooh.

Seen a few on here dropping his name for manager

Not just now. Did well at Palace but has been a disaster at Bolton.

Being a failure somewhere doesn't mean you can't bounce back and be a success elsewhere but he needs to prove himself again and rebuild his reputation a little bit to be considered a future rangers manager IMO.

So you would be up for Barry Ferguson as his replacement?

As I said he's the worst manager in Scottish football.

However that doesnt mean we have to go down another unproven rookie route.

Least Ferguson would have been dirt cheap and not costing the same as an actual manager liek Walter Smith.

Ally's been living in dreamland ever since he got this gig and it's about time he took his millions and buggered off.

I honestly think we are going to struggle.

People talk about Hearts getting a few injuries and seem confident of a dip in form.

What if we get a few injuries? Without Macleod, Miller and Clark we look dreadful going forward for example.

I never ever want to see my team lose but surely if we get beat off Livi he has to go?.

No way, and I can't believe we are discussing this. Rangers are never second best, start thinking like that and you start thinking like the mhanky mob..

your right mate, second best nothing, we will come good and will win this league by at least 10 points.hertz will start dropping points,especially away from home.i just hope hivs game was kick up ass we needed.

We, as Rangers fans, wouldnt accept this. As we need instant success. Its the reason the board have spent so much on player wages. We need to climb through the leagues ASAP.

We wouldnt have afforded a new manager ANY time to build a team and gradually work up the leagues in maybe 5 or 6 years.

What a lot of crap.

What is this mythical Rangers support that you speak of?

The support accepts anything on and off the pitch otherwise we would still have à club and team to be proud of.

You say they demand instant success but thé support accepted all the financial shenanigans and demotion to the 4th tier with barely a whimper.

Not going up this year would just be something else to moan about but it would be accepted in the same way that the current manager is.