Would you take another year in the Championship...

The minute it looks like promotion wont be achieved the board will hang him out to dry I'm sure.

I can't see them trusting him with the play offs either given his cup/big game record.

Chances are we'd have to play Hibs at some point and that would be an overly defensive line up then if we got through that we'd probably get a St Mirren or Ross County and line up the same way.

If we dont achieve promotion we'd be struggling for years and years to come as we'd probably have to clear out most of the playing squad and sign guys on wages comparable to what players at Falkirk and that are getting now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of crap.

What is this mythical Rangers support that you speak of?

The support accepts anything on and off the pitch otherwise we would still have à club and team to be proud of.

You say they demand instant success but thé support accepted all the financial shenanigans and demotion to the 4th tier with barely a whimper.

Not going up this year would just be something else to moan about but it would be accepted in the same way that the current manager is.

The support had no control over this. Odd post i must say.

Serious question mate, because I usually just laugh at your posts.

But how many points behind do we have to go before you think we won't claw it back, remembering that we have 2 away games at the 2 teams who beat us at home.

Not aimed at me but i am someone who feels that we will still claw this back.

If we fail to beat them both away from home, then I would start to worry a bit. Right now I am still quietly confident of us winning the league.

We are only 6 points behind and less than a 5th of the way through the season. Still a LONG way to go before we start panicking IMO.

asfor the OP, no i would not accept another year in the championship, that could end us ffs. We NEED to be in the top flight next year, it is an absolute must.

As things stand financially I think we are screwed if we don't get out off the Championship.

As things stand football wise I do not think Ally McCoist is capable of winning the Championship.

If we were to spend another year in the Championship with no change in Management I fear we would lose even more fans.

Therefore I think we have to have a change of manager and the sooner the better. Although there is no guarantee a change of Manager will mean we will win the Championship. The problems I fear are just to deep with our current squad. I personally am resigned to probability that we will be in the championship next year.

I wish I could share BP9's optimism.

The question to be asked is can another manager succeed with this squad of players? There is no money to sack Ally, never mind sack him and buy new players. (No Bosman's available in January). We keep hearing the players are shite, the manager is shite, well changing the manager is not going to get rid of the shite players. So do I think another manager would get more out of the squad, yes I do.

What a lot of crap.

What is this mythical Rangers support that you speak of?

The support accepts anything on and off the pitch otherwise we would still have à club and team to be proud of.

You say they demand instant success but thé support accepted all the financial shenanigans and demotion to the 4th tier with barely a whimper.

Not going up this year would just be something else to moan about but it would be accepted in the same way that the current manager is.

Thats exactly what i was saying. If a new manager had came in saying winning the leagues was secondary to building a team our fans would moan.

The support had no control over this. Odd post i must say.

The support has accepted thé club Being shafted by thé SFA, SPL, other clubs and HMRC.

At the very least we should have done everything we could to get a public enquiry, indeed we still should be.

The club and support should never have been punished when we are/were thé victims.

I would have accepted another year in the championship if we had a younger team in place that

had been put in place two years previously that had been brought through .

Ally has went for the quick fix if he fails or he manages to fluke it into the top league

its on his shoulders.

It seems that ally's managerial stint will be decided at the end of the season 2015

if we manage to get to the sphell he will be guaranteed rangers manager

So whatever happens we are in a lose - lose situation

Billy davies coming into this club is the guy i want no more old pals act a new start

and a clear out and new beginning.