The Evil Within

Mor3los_1

Mine got sent out today should get it tommorrow although prob wont play it until Alien is finished.

how you getting on with alien mate ? read a few reviews where they say it falls apart in the second half,also that checkpoints are quite far apart and that dying can get a bit infuriating at times.

how you getting on with alien mate ? read a few reviews where they say it falls apart in the second half,also that checkpoints are quite far apart and that dying can get a bit infuriating at times.

Ignore the few dodgy reviews the vast majority thought it was excellent, The game is supposed to go on for too long which is around 15-18 hours which is pretty long for a single player most likely 10-12 hours would of been perfect. .AI of the Alien is amazing you do die alot and if you dont save it you can go back quite far but to me i was brought up on games like that...a bit challenging...So far though the game has been amazing and from what ive read the 2nd half once you get the flamethrower is when it's at its best (not there yet)

If you play your games nice and loud this will give you many scares! :)

The only sort of bad review I have read was from the gaming columnist in the metro who said its just a repackaging of old idea's,not done as well. Other than that, the reviews seem excellent. I probably will wait and get it second hand, though. I still have loads of LOTR to do.

not going to bother with this i'm afraid,reviews are all over the place.a lot of people who have bought the game are complaining about the same things,which are-shoddy framerate,crap ai,bad graphics,dodgy aiming,and a weak storyline with cheesy voice acting.

Why do people bother with reviews? IGN gave AI a 5.9 basically because it was too long,in this day and age a game that takes "long" to finish is a godsend imo.Even though I haven't played AI to be honest.

When games are £45-50 a pop people look to reviews to get a rough idea which game would be worth the punt...many cant afford 2-3 games every other month.

I never buy any game based on 1 sole review but if the majority are favourable then chances are it's going to be a decent game.

Demo's are the real key but so many big games now don't have the demos so all you can go on is other people who have played it unless you can get your hands on a free copy.

Why do people bother with reviews? IGN gave AI a 5.9 basically because it was too long,in this day and age a game that takes "long" to finish is a godsend imo.Even though I haven't played AI to be honest.

i don't base my purchases on one review mate,that would be crazy,but when there are a handful of reviews from journalists and gamers,that have the same complaints such as the story etc,then that's a bit of a red flag to me.

50 quid is a lot of money for a game these days,which is why a lot of people base their purchases on reviews.

a good story is a big thing to me also,it gives me a reason to keep moving through the game.voice acting is another,it's hard to take the characters seriously,this is a complaint i'm seeing a lot of.as you can tell i'm all about the immersion,gameplay has to hold up aswell of course.

Bosh!

http://1drv.ms/ZCcGB8

:thumbup:

The impressions from Neogaf/Americans who got it early is the game is fucking amazing!!! Im hoping it's not as scary as Outlast & Alien and with it being a 3rd person game i dont expect to to be.

edit: Just read the game is letterboxed like The Order :( Not good!

Just took me 50 minutes to complete Chapter 1, fucking hell. Could take you about 10 if you knew what to do. Spent 10 minutes trying to

kill cunty at the start
and then took me 30 minutes trying to
evade chainsaw man, he kept catching me and was so confused. Finally realised to throw the bottle back into the previous area and then run

Played a good hour or two last night on my brothers Xone. Was really good, eerie as fuck. Heart pounds when those bastards are chasing you and you can do nothing but hide and run :lol:

It's like outlast but much, much better lol.

Will defo be getting it come November!

I've never really been into horror games but I'm seriously thinking about getting this whenever I get a PS4,seen a few people comparing it to TLOU slightly,anybody else felt the same comparisons?

I don't see how they can be similar. The only thing would be the limited resources but thats it.