Just had a look @ hearts fixtures

chipster

if were under pressure by being able to go top by beating hearts I see them hammering us. I have little confidence in our players or managers ability to play under pressure in big games. We've bottled every one previous.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a decent time to stand back from things and analyse as everyone (apart from us and Cowden) has played everybody else.

It's quite obvious Hearts hit the ground better than us, and they've had a tougher fixture run than us (played us and Hibs away already).

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see where this certainty that they will fold comes from. They play against the same rubbishy teams as we do and they've been humping these teams all season, especially the so-called stronger teams like QotS, Raith and Falkirk. Hearts beat those three by an aggregate of 11-1 I think? So why would they suddenly start dropping points to them?

It also doesn't seem to me that their squad is as thin as others make out. They've constantly been missing players this season. The striker they signed from Hamilton and the young boy that scored goals for them last season, Carrick, have both missed a lot of the season. One of their midfelders (I'm not sure which) got sent off earlier in the season and was suspended. The boy Holt that Nottingham Forest tried to sign off them can't get a game now and there was a story a couple of weeks ago that they have told the midfielder Robinson that he can leave. Doesn't seem to me like a paper-thin squad.

They've also got a much lighter schedule than us between now and January.

They're not nearly as good as some on here are making out. I think we've seen that in their performances at Ibrox when they were lucky and again on Sunday. But still they haven't lost to anyone. I'd be very surprised if they suddenly started chucking points away.

We don't need to win at TYnecastle as it stands. Even if it gets to January or February and we're still 4 behind, that's ok. It's still perfectly winnable, but I don't think it's going to be nearly as comfortable as some on here seem to think. I see no justification for the claims that we'll win it comfortably.

Heres me thinking this was a forum about the Gers, eyes inward never outward......

Heres me thinking this was a forum about the Gers, eyes inward never outward......

It's a thread about Hearts' fixtures and I think it's naive to think an opinion on our promotion prospects can be formed without considering our opponents. Hearts are our biggest rivals for this and they are a serious rival.

It's a thread about Hearts' fixtures and I think it's naive to think an opinion on our promotion prospects can be formed without considering our opponents. Hearts are our biggest rivals for this and they are a serious rival.

You cant change anything by considering what another team can or cant do..... My opinion is informed by the love of Rangers not by considering our rivals.

You cant change anything by considering what another team can or cant do..... My opinion is informed by the love of Rangers not by considering our rivals.

That's a fine sentiment indeed, but in the real world Hearts strength or otherwise will have a big impact on our season. All the rhetoric pretending otherwise is pointless.