*****The Official Cowdenbeath v Rangers Thread*****

AlBear.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate, a game here and doesn't cover up the cracks. My 12 year old lads team play a better brand of football than Rangers.

The crowds are vanishing because there's no entertainment and we are watching backward football. With the budget we have, we shouldn't be struggling against Dumbarton etc.

We have different views on "struggling" then. Quite often we're a lot more in control and dominating games without demolishing teams than people give credit.

You wanting to go to Tynecastle seven points behind?

Why call game off? Mohsni,Zal or Shiels haven't been involved recently..

Macleod will be a miss but if we can't beat fucking Alloa without him then the baw is burst..

Hey, we haven't lost those 3 points hearts haven't won yet.

It's not imperative to play it if we are permitted to postpone it.

Started to play a lot better in the second half. Would have bit you hand off for a 3-0 win and 3 points before the game.

Positives; McGregor didn't put a foot wrong, and our defence was solid bar Foster who was skinned more times than Itchy and Scratchy.

Negatives; Some of our players insist on punting the high all up the park even when Ally is shouting at them not to. Lewis was well below par.

Started to play a lot better in the second half. Would have bit you hand off for a 3-0 win and 3 points before the game.

Positives; McGregor didn't put a foot wrong, and our defence was solid bar Foster who was skinned more times than Itchy and Scratchy.

Negatives; Some of our players insist on punting the high all up the park even when Ally is shouting at them not to. Lewis was well below par.

Playing Macleod at right midfield is wrong.

Plain and simple..

Further perspective... against a better team we're less likely to play like that.

I understand that, but I can't accept that.

We can't have lull's like that in this League. We aren't back in Division 2 or 3 with no competition. If that boy who hit the post scores we're in trouble.

This is Rangers you can't do a Nicky Law and, ironically like Albear said he would, disappear once he scored his goal. We simply have to win this League, scrapping through games is all well and good. But there's a point were we need sort out our consistency in games.

That mentally will not serve us well if we get back into the top flight and absolutely not one we should ever accept at Rangers.

He's been very poor the past two games at right mid..

I don't expect him to get any game time for Scotland, I think he's just in there for the experience..

I wouldn't say he has been very poor, just below par. Performed better than Law who has an allergy to tackling and only turns up for 10 minutes a game. Aird is out though injury so a reshuffle was required.

Anyhow, IF he plays for Scotland do you think he will play in central mid?

I wouldn't say he has been very poor, just below par. Performed better than Law who has an allergy to tackling and only turns up for 10 minutes a game. Aird is out though injury so a reshuffle was required.

Anyhow, IF he plays for Scotland do you think he will play in central mid?

Yes.,But if he gets put at left mid it's because Scotland have Brown,Dorrans,Mcarthur,Morrison, Mulgrew...

At Rangers he's,by far, our best centre midfielder, yet gets played out of position due to the fact that the manager hasn't the balls to drop Law!!

I understand that, but I can't accept that.

We can't have lull's like that in this League. We aren't back in Division 2 or 3 with no competition. If that boy who hit the post scores we're in trouble.

This is Rangers you can't do a Nicky Law and, ironically like Albear said he would, disappear once he scored his goal. We simply have to win this League, scrapping through games is all well and good. But there's a point were we need sort out our consistency in games.

That mentally will not serve us well if we get back into the top flight and absolutely not one we should ever accept at Rangers.

We won 3-0 mate. It was a straightforward victory.

This kind of environment nwith these players is rarely going to be anything but scrappy.

The last line... you can say that if you want, but you have to recognise the realities at the same time. We are Rangers with off field problems, poorer players, playing in strange circumstances. There is no precedent. We don't know what is reasonable to expect in these circumstances really.

Without wanting to go over old arguments that I can't be bothered with at the moment, ll I'll say is I'm reasonably relaxed about things on the pitch at the moment.

Yes.,But if he gets put at left mid it's because Scotland have Brown,Dorrans,Mcarthur,Morrison, Mulgrew...

At Rangers he's,by far, our best centre midfielder, yet gets played out of position due to the fact that the manager hasn't the balls to drop Law!!

I'd prefer Jig to Law (controversial) as he can actually tackle and doesn't hide. I think Lewis is developing well, but isn't quite ready to command our midfield just yet. I have no doubt he will get there in time though.

Yes.

Feel free to use words of more than one syllable, because IMO that's an ""absolutely shit" answer to a question that wasn't even directed at you. Pathetic effort all round.

Just thought I'd try judging you by the same benchmark you measure Rangers by. :sleep:

We won 3-0 mate. It was a straightforward victory.

This kind of environment nwith these players is rarely going to be anything but scrappy.

The last line... you can say that if you want, but you have to recognise the realities at the same time. We are Rangers with off field problems, poorer players, playing in strange circumstances. There is no precedent. We don't know what is reasonable to expect in these circumstances really.

Without wanting to go over old arguments that I can't be bothered with at the moment, ll I'll say is I'm reasonably relaxed about things on the pitch at the moment.

Why is it going to be anything but scrappy? Why do we accept that? Our players are good enough. They've shown it before.

I just can't understand the acceptance over that, I would accept it if we were having the odd hiccup of a result, I'd get that.

But right now the 'odd hiccup' is when we actually play well. That's just not good enough.

Why is it going to be anything but scrappy? Why do we accept that? Our players are good enough. They've shown it before.

I just can't understand the acceptance over that, I would accept it if we were having the odd hiccup of a result, I'd get that.

But right now the 'odd hiccup' is when we actually play well. That's just not good enough.

uggggghhh. I can sense these same old arguments coming.

Because we've got shitter players. It's Nicky Law, Ian Black, John Daly, an old Kenny Miller, Foster, so on. They're not the kinds of players that will be capable of consistently good football, whoever they play against. And it's going to be particularly tough against teams that largely defend deep in crap grounds with crap pitches and weird atmospheres.

Very rarely do teams from the top divisions, the nearest comparison we've got, play well in these circumstances. Even the mhanks have dropped down the divisions and struggles against the likes of Arbroath and Morton. So have Dundee U, Inverness, Motherwell and so on.

Now, I'm not saying we're good. I'm not even saying we shouldn't be better. All I'm saying is it doesn't warrant the continual girning and slating of the tactics and performance that we get even when we're winning 3-0. It's tiresome. Even with better players under Advocaat, Smith and McLeish we often struggled to play decent football in games down the leagues and won by small margins. It's clearly not that easy to play great football in these kinds of stodgy circumstances.

And that's completely apart from all of the distractions shooting about all over the place behind the scenes.