Can you support Scotland and Rangers

stuvah

Can you support Scotland and Rangers  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Can you Support Scotland and Rangers

• Yes
    • No

I was there and didn't hear a single anti-Rangers thing all night- same for Georgia. In fact, last night, folk were really laying into the Irish fans in the home end.

All I heard were Scotland songs, booing of Ireland fans when they sang the Soldier's Song (or any of the other shit that is associated with sellic), and booing McGeady.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember this is just a RM poll. I don't know any Rangers fans who go to Scotland games anymore.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the percentages are even more towards supporting Scotland in the real world. RM tends to be more extreme. Even if not, it's a definite suggestion that at very least a massive amount of Rangers fans still support Scotland or want them to win.

I know plenty who go, or would go if they could, including myself (and obviously DJW above).

52' post='1062294385']

You can bet your bottom dollar that the percentages are even more towards supporting Scotland in the real world. RM tends to be more extreme. Even if not, it's a definite suggestion that at very least a massive amount of Rangers fans still support Scotland or want them to win.

I know plenty who go, or would go if they could, including myself (and obviously DJW above).

I don't agree. I think that it's a very small minority of fans who still support the national team. IMO, this is shown by the banners we wave and the songs that we sing.

I have voted no and in hindsight I'm wrong. You can support both, I don't through choice.

Why?

I turn them on and see the likes of Brown and Naismith (to name two) and don't see Scotland players. I see Celtics gob shit captain and a treacherous little prick.

The majority of their support hate us. I honestly believed if they were allowed to vote the majority of them 'tartan army' would sign up for not picking Rangers players. Jeering our players on international duty was shameful.

A utter lack of affiliation with the governing bodies - national associations in this country. Hairs can be split about about who had/has the power to do what however they all had the right to an opinion and a platform to make it from yet the silence was deafening as the scandal and crimes against us unfolded. (To many of our own were guilty of the same apathy IMO)

Perhaps it's me that has the problem and I accept I have probably let them win however I just do not care a jot for their fortunes and that has shifted from a point in time when I felt fairly (not quite) equal about Scotland's big games as I did Rangers.

I don't agree. I think that it's a very small minority of fans who still support the national team. IMO, this is shown by the banners we wave and the songs that we sing.

What banners and songs? The only banners and songs I've seen are against the SFA/tartan army. That's not the same thing. The vote here is the best evidence you'll get. 80% so far support Scotland. You may not like it, but most Rangers fans, for all they hate the SFA and many the tartan army, are not so bitter that they'll cut off their nose to spite their face.