The game's barely over, but fuck it, I need to rant. The primary argument in favour of Ally McCoist continuing as Rangers manager was his success in the league - the first objective. As long as we were still doing this, detractors supposedly had no leg to really stand on.

This argument is now void.

McCoist is tactically inept, and much too conservative in mindset. The team looks barely coached. Players have gone backwards, and continue to play despite being obviously out of form. Certain players have retained their positions in the side despite becoming a weakness. We lack any coherent footballing philosophy. We look devoid of ideas. We have a tendency to collapse when pressured.

There are a thousand criticisms of Ally McCoist which we have all seen and read a thousand times on this forum and others. We really were unlucky today, facing a poor referee and a red card, but McCoist chose, when the game was still nil-nil, to put on Ricky Foster, rather than Aird, or Templeton, or Clark or even Boyd - a baffling and depressing decision that encapsulates all that is awful about McCoist as a Manager. While chasing the game, Ally, true to form, stuck to his conservative mindset and refused to put on more attacking players until the last quarter of the game, when our momentum had all but disappeared. We lost a game we should have won against a mediocre Hearts side. This should be the deathknell of the McCoist era at the club. There are no excuses left anymore. It's time for Ally McCoist to leave. Now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we sit second, the board will see progression through playoffs as "being on course".

I personally do not see us going up. In fact it seems to get worse every week and I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 3rd.

That's if Ally stays in charge.

He has to go. Le Guen and Eck were pushed for less.

Everything went right for Hearts today. 1st goal fell perfect for them, 2nd was never a penalty and Smith was stupid.

That being said, the damage was done weeks ago. Home losses to Hearts and Hivs with points dropped twice against Alloa have put us in this position, not a one off game against Hearts.

Hes got to go. The board dont have a replacement and wont risk a fan backlash thoughh. Leaves us in limbo.

Today's performance changed nothing for me given the red card can be used as an excuse, possibly fairly.

However he is surely now one game from the bullett. If we drop any more points and Hearts don't we go into double figures behind and if by that point he doesn't walk then he shouldn't be allowed near the stadium ever again.

The board dont have a replacement and wont risk a fan backlash thoughh. Leaves us in limbo.

Sorry m8 but I disagree, I think the board will have been looking at replacements for a while now and the backlash the board will be more concerned about is even less fans continuing going to matches.

MA might see this and exert a little pressure. We can only hope.

Sorry m8 but I disagree, I think the board will have been looking at replacements for a while now and the backlash the board will be more concerned about is even less fans continuing going to matches.

MA might see this and exert a little pressure. We can only hope.

I hope so mate. Gutted after that game, but not surprised. Id take anyone at this point. We need a whole new approach.

How much does it cost to loose Ally?

The club are living hand to mouth monthly only to get by with the support of MA

If MA gave another loan say for £1.5 M one third alone would cover Ally's settlement I guess

Is this action worth it? Most fans maybe saying yes but why should somone who is underperforming be rewarded

In any other walk of life the manager would be held to account for poor Managment decisions

In addition the previous posters are.corect in that all the boardroom disruption over the past year or so has allowed Aly to hide and sometime just plain party on the karaoke

If MA is the new gaffer then it the time for home to flex his muscle

Never mind how much it would cost to get rid of him....

Can we honestly afford not to sack him?

9 points behind the micks in November is unacceptable, never mind 9 behind Hearts in the 1st fucking division.

3 homes games before Xmas, dread to think what those attendances will be.