Charlie telfer

plymouthranger

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Under McCoist i can understand the reasons he left. I have nevwr seen him play, would anyone consider taking him back for free and would Mark Warburton be able to get the best from him?

But Warburton has not really played any of our youth bar McKay, McCoist actually played more youth players.

34 minutes ago, Smile said:

But Warburton has not really played any of our youth bar McKay, McCoist actually played more youth players.

Coisty played all the shite youngsters aird,Crawford,hegarty etc and didn't play arguably one of best players in McKay.

the reason warbs has only played McKay is because the rest are not good enough simple as that

32 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Coisty played all the shite youngsters aird,Crawford,hegarty etc and didn't play arguably one of best players in McKay.

the reason warbs has only played McKay is because the rest are not good enough simple as that

He played McKay for quite a while then loaned him to Raith Rovers which actually helped his development as he done well at them.

Our young players not good enough how would we know that unless they get competitive games for us.

I cannot blame Telfer for leaving - I found it hard enough watching McCoists brand of football.

I believe the total amount the Club received from Dundee Utd was closer to £240k- so a nice piece of business for us- for a player that failed to produce for them. But then again they had a whole team who failed to perform - which would suggest the problem is organisational rather than purely individual failing.

If he was to come back on a free transfer- and on a temporary cheap contract- I would be happy to give him a chance under Warbs- but as others have said Warbs is the man to judge a players qualities.

2 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Sounds like a bit of a big head then. The managers not playing me when he said he would so goes in a huff and wants away. and clearly not as good as everyone said if couldn't feature for a relegated team under 2 seperate managers.

Need to be patient like McKay and if you're good enough you'll get the chance.

Just another in a long list of players who seem to get better the less games they play.

Club got good money for a player who wasn't good enough so pleased with that.

Not st all, he signed a 1 year deal , mccoist lied and he was free to go. 

He is very level headed guy, who just wanted to play and when I watched some if the pish getting a game it's no wonder he was unhappy. 

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Or he wasn't good enough to force his way into a terrible McCoist team and him and his hangers on would rather make daft excuses for him.

??? The boy we a stand out for the club at every age group, he us a footballer not a big lump up the park Luke the Ian blacks n Kyle Huttons who were playing. 

Mccoist spoilt the chance to have him. He should be in our team right now. 

Wouldn't want him back. The only guy I'd take back is Macleod who some do t really rate on here but he's a match winner and is brilliant at switching play and is full of energy. Was a brilliant prospect and had it not been for Ashley's cunts would e been a pivotal player this season

1 hour ago, daverfc13 said:

We could be after a 16 year old from Nigeria and someone on here would claim to 'know the lad' or 'know the parents'??. 

That a dig at me?

I've known Charlie since he was 6. He is a lanark boy like me, went to Robert Owen Ps then into private schooling in Glasgow. 

Worked with him through my job in education and know his family well as a result. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That a dig at me?

I've known Charlie since he was 6. He is a lanark boy like me, went to Robert Owen Ps then into private schooling in Glasgow. 

Worked with him through my job in education and know his family well as a result. 

The 5 degrees of separation means that statistically the site added together should know almost everyone in the world

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That a dig at me?

I actually meant to add that it wasn't a dig at you, just that I'd seen similar quotes to yours about 10 times previous. Yours story sounds believable , but I know for a fact there's some on here who just like to talk shit. We'll be looking for inside info on his next move from u tho ?

18 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Wouldn't want him back. The only guy I'd take back is Macleod who some do t really rate on here but he's a match winner and is brilliant at switching play and is full of energy. Was a brilliant prospect and had it not been for Ashley's cunts would e been a pivotal player this season

He left us as he wanted to further his career, he's failed and injury prone why should we take him back.

22 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

??? The boy we a stand out for the club at every age group, he us a footballer not a big lump up the park Luke the Ian blacks n Kyle Huttons who were playing. 

Mccoist spoilt the chance to have him. He should be in our team right now. 

So he couldn't get into a relegated Dundee Utd team he couldn't start every week for a relegated Livingston team.but he should be in our team right now.do you know how stupid that sounds?

you need to remove emotion from your thinking mate.

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Come on mate we don't want or need players who are always injured. A decent wee player though but no where near good enough for our team now. 

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Posted this before as I know Charlie. 

He is a bluenose. Loves the club and he moved because of mccoist, who told him to sign new deal and he would build a team round him. One year later he had played less than 30 mins of first team football. 

Actually heard he is thinking of quitting football and going into law. He is a very clever guy. Would be a waste but blame mccoist he ain't with us. 

There is no way in hell Ally said he would build the team around him, just my opinion of course ?