Charlie telfer

plymouthranger

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

??? The boy we a stand out for the club at every age group, he us a footballer not a big lump up the park Luke the Ian blacks n Kyle Huttons who were playing. 

Mccoist spoilt the chance to have him. He should be in our team right now. 

He should have been patient just a little bit longer, a blind man could see McCoist was at the end of the line and a new man would have given him a clean slate, would he have made it under Warburton? who knows but he would have been given a fighting chance, bad advice was given to him by someone.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

He should have been patient just a little bit longer, a blind man could see McCoist was at the end of the line and a new man would have given him a clean slate, would he have made it under Warburton? who knows but he would have been given a fighting chance, bad advice was given to him by someone.

End of the line? Fucking felt like the length of Route 66 :anguish:

Patience was all that was needed you're right, I don't think he would have made it anyway but he nor we will ever know

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Wouldn't want him back. The only guy I'd take back is Macleod who some do t really rate on here but he's a match winner and is brilliant at switching play and is full of energy. Was a brilliant prospect and had it not been for Ashley's cunts would e been a pivotal player this season

Full of energy ? Should be he's no played in a year ffs. The boy has obvious talent but there is no point in taking him back to sit on the treatment table year after year 

I feel for the lad.  He wanted football... he got the chance but was in a terrible, terrible Scumdee team.  I think he is a good player and I think he'll come on to a game... it's just a shame he left when he did as he would have been a regular for us last season and possibly this.

3 hours ago, daverfc13 said:

Lewis Macloed was decent , probly stood out more because of the shite he was playing amongst , bringing him back is not something I'd be for , he ain't no Jason Holt

Jason Holt hadn't been no Jason Holt since his injury lay-off.....

4 hours ago, TheCutch said:

As has been mentioned before, if the boy wasn't good enough for that car crash of a Dundee Hibs team, then he is nowhere near good enough for our squad.

All about opinions of who's doing the selecting.

A few of ours weren't deemed good enough for selection on a regular basis at previous clubs - our management have managed to get a tune out of them.

8 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

??? The boy we a stand out for the club at every age group, he us a footballer not a big lump up the park Luke the Ian blacks n Kyle Huttons who were playing. 

Mccoist spoilt the chance to have him. He should be in our team right now. 

Can someone translate this? 

8 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Wouldn't want him back. The only guy I'd take back is Macleod who some do t really rate on here but he's a match winner and is brilliant at switching play and is full of energy. Was a brilliant prospect and had it not been for Ashley's cunts would e been a pivotal player this season

Can't seem to get out of bed without getting injured for 6 months, plus he was very overrated. He shone in a shite McCoist team. Hardly spectacular. 

Kid had some potential, too much of an ego, hasn't been good enough to cut it. From a PR perspective on here he was lucky that people could use him in an anti-Ally tirade, but really.... McCoist was right not to be playing him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a blog on Facebook where a fan rated Dundee Utd's players for the season

Before Charlie Telfer I'd never seen a player give up chasing down an opponent because he had to stop and mop his sweaty brow. Fat and unfit, this guy cost United more than Aberdeen paid for Kenny McLean. Think about that

Hardly a glowing endorsement there :lol:

On 6 May 2016 at 8:32 PM, daverfc13 said:

Charlie Telfer would be no where near this Rangers first team 

Hard to say.Same was said about Miller and McKay and even Wallace was getting slated before this season.Think he may have had a decent chance.Changed management style,changed players,changed approach and attitude.As mentioned it's all about opinions but do find it hard to totally write of some of our young lads that left as we all know the lack of coaching they were subject to.

1 hour ago, Rollestonbear said:

Hard to say.Same was said about Miller and McKay and even Wallace was getting slated before this season.Think he may have had a decent chance.Changed management style,changed players,changed approach and attitude.As mentioned it's all about opinions but do find it hard to totally write of some of our young lads that left as we all know the lack of coaching they were subject to.

Your right it is just opinions, I just think Telfer is a little different from Wallace , Miller etc . From the youth team Charlie Telfer came through with there's probly about 3 or 4 boys left . I think that tells you the vast majority weren't good enough.

2 hours ago, daverfc13 said:

Your right it is just opinions, I just think Telfer is a little different from Wallace , Miller etc . From the youth team Charlie Telfer came through with there's probly about 3 or 4 boys left . I think that tells you the vast majority weren't good enough.

Fair point well made.