Charlie telfer

plymouthranger

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant keep a player that doesnt want to stay.

he already told everyone he left because of no first team football IIRC.

And so he should.

He watched 2 midfielders in Black and Law giving fuck all effort all season long and he doesnt get a sniff of a chance.

I'd have left too.

You can if you had played him.

fair point. AFAIK he was looking for guaranteed first team football, which we rightly shouldn't be offering to anyone, especially a kid with less than a handful of first team appearances under his belt.

And so he should.

He watched 2 midfielders in Black and Law giving fuck all effort all season long and he doesnt get a sniff of a chance.

I'd have left too.

I am not disagreeing with that at all. My point was he didnt want to stay so we camt force him too.

I am not disagreeing with that at all. My point was he didnt want to stay so we camt force him too.

That's true.

However I feel if we showed him he had a future here and gave him some gametime (which going by all accounts he deserved with his performances and our own players poor form) he might have stayed.

It's clear he has talent and it's good we got a fee fro him at least but I can't help thinking we are losing out here.

fair point. AFAIK he was looking for guaranteed first team football, which we rightly shouldn't be offering to anyone, especially a kid with less than a handful of first team appearances under his belt.

don't think thats true, I think he possibly wanted gaurantees about getting an opportunity but I don't even think he's been a regular for Utd all season, although they've bedded him in nicely

don't think thats true, I think he possibly wanted gaurantees about getting an opportunity but I don't even think he's been a regular for Utd all season, although they've bedded him in nicely

(tu)

That's simply not true and if it were why did he go to United who he's only featured once as a starting player?

It should be if your good enough then you are old enough.

We have had Black and Law who have been pretty poor for many months now yet play near enough every week regardless of form. That’s not right and it will put off any talented youngster who want’s to push himself because they know they just won’t get game time.

That's true.

However I feel if we showed him he had a future here and gave him some gametime (which going by all accounts he deserved with his performances and our own players poor form) he might have stayed.

It's clear he has talent and it's good we got a fee fro him at least but I can't help thinking we are losing out here.

Absolutely right.

When that league title was wrapped up he should have been given an opportunity in the team, what possible way could it cause harm? (I'd argue before then he should have been getting some meaningful sub appearance time but that's another argument altogether.)

It's great that we got near the sum we wanted in compensation and that they're raging about it (get it right up them) but in the bigger picture, they're the ones with a talented player and we're the ones who've lost out in that respect.

I think Telfer has been like so many young players at Ibrox over the years just wants to play but knows as long as the management can take the SAFE ROUTE and bring in so called experienced guys he wont get a chance.I remember Jordan McMillan.Guy had been there for years trying to get a right back slot but never.Played a few games and didnt look any worse than Whittaker.Decided to leave not because he was offered more money but because he wanted to play football.Think the straw that finally broke his back was the fact he couldnt get a game before that world class defender KIRK FUCKING BROADFOOT and even when he was injured and the guy thought he had a chance no we will play an on loan centre half Kyle Bartley out of position before a guy who had worked for years to get his chance.What kind of message was the management sending to other young guys at the club.