Charlie telfer

plymouthranger

I didn't read that Scott Allan story so genuinely, what did he say??

The rumour is that morale is low amongst the younger players. Even looking at MacLeod, a few of them dont think they'll get a chance as its too pally between McCoist and some of the players he's brought in.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumour is that morale is low amongst the younger players. Even looking at MacLeod, a few of them dont think they'll get a chance as its too pally between McCoist and some of the players he's brought in.

Seems logical and probably fair enough.

I log in every day hoping he's been sacked. Disappointing year so far.....

And this is why fans would never of stood for a youth team through the leagues.

who said a team of youth

back in division 3 we should have said to broadfoot, jig, wallace and little that we would add an experienced midfielder (black) to the squad, and then blend in the youth players, even if we still took templeton and shiels, thats it, we wouldnt have needed anyone else brought in

Alexander

Broadfoot

Gasparotto

McCulloch

Wallace

Aird

Black

MacLeod

McKay

Shiels

Little

Are we trying to say that this starting 11 in the 3rd division wouldnt have cantered it, hell even the 2nd division would have been a piece of piss with this team, especially if we added Nicky Clark still

Instead we fucked about with guys like Kyle, Daly, Law, Cribari, amongst other terrible signings

What about the rest of the squad JBJ? Just make up the numbers with teenagers hanging ootside Auchenhowie?

our recent accounts showed we have 53 players on the books, we had more than enough youth back in division 3 to supplement the squad

remember back then we also had guys like perry, hutton, hemmings, cole, mitchell, hegarty and naismith, another 7 bodies that were old enough to be based in the first team squad and given a year to see their worth

but nope we felt it better to spunk a good fortune on guys like cribari (remind me just how good he was against part timers), stella, kyle, sandaza, daly amongst other shite

our recent accounts showed we have 53 players on the books, we had more than enough youth back in division 3 to supplement the squad

remember back then we also had guys like perry, hutton, hemmings, cole, mitchell, hegarty and naismith, another 7 bodies that were old enough to be based in the first team squad and given a year to see their worth

but nope we felt it better to spunk a good fortune on guys like cribari (remind me just how good he was against part timers), stella, kyle, sandaza, daly amongst other shite

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Cole 4, Mitchell 7, Hemmings 5

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

Plus- Robbie Crawford played 27 times

That is in addition to Macleod - 31, McKay - 41 and Aird - 22.

No-one can really say that youth wasn't given a chance in Division 3!

I didn't read that Scott Allan story so genuinely, what did he say??

Known his family growing up and we took him to holland with my brothers football team years ago for a tournament. He was an absolute stand out and the Dutch coaches made him player of the tournament despite being 2 years younger than the rest of the boys.

Anyway ran into him round last Xmas in our local when he was still at WB.

He gave us a lift home and in the car he basically said he wouldnt be keen to sign for us despite being a big blue nose.

Said he had friends at Rangers who were totally disillusioned by the whole set up. Apparently training is very poor and obviously the whole 'not getting a game' under Ally was a huge factor.

Also worked with a guy who is very good friends with someone who is heavily involved with the SFA again massive blue nose. He lost his job and got it back after the Hugh Dallas email farce.

Anyway part of his job was too observe training at all Scottish grounds. He said MP was amongst the worst he saw. Said it was the shortest and basically just 5 a asides with a lot of jogging/running. This was backed up by Matt Mackay when he left.

Something rotten at the core with our club when it comes to developing and investing in youth. There is obviously a jobs for the boys culture which is epidemic. Ally represents everything that is wrong in that department.

I genuinely think that the boardroom stuff will eventually settle as we are far too big a club. However the appointment of Ally and his legacy will take years to fix.

We have to choose the next manager of our club very carefully. I would take losing LM for the appointment of Wottes as a DOF supported by a fully functioning scouting system.

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

Agree that the division 3 thing is overplayed as Ally had to play youngsters. The problem was next season when the Fosters, Smith, Moshni, etc were signed. Then we had the spectacle of Boyd coming back stifling the development of Clarke and Gallagher.

I would have taken Miller, templeton, Law and obviously Clarke. Kept McCkay, Galkagher, Telfer and Naismith. That would have easily saw us through the 2nd division and saved us a lot of £££'s

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

Yet they do. Alzheimer's maybe?

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

I'm not arguing that they got game time, but where did you get those appearance numbers from? :lol:

McKay played 41 times in Division 3?!

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

I've said on a few occasions now that division 3 was our best season. The inclusion of Mckay and Macleod was a breath of fresh air for everyone in the stands. I'll just mention that towards the end of that season, Mckay's appearences where mostly off the bench despite being head and shoulders above Aird, Crawford or whoever else played RM ahead of him. Not doubting your figures, but I'd question if some of those where more than 30 minutes (tu)

But - no denying they certainly got game time and, most, barring Perry and occassionally an unfit Hutton ( who was looking excellent preseason before his injury) did not look out of place in the first team.

For me, Macleod and Mckay where the best players that year. No doubt McCulloch deserves some credit for the amount of goals he banged in, Templeton had a fantastic season too. Wallace's deep runs where as good as they've ever been. There was movement, pace and drive. Mckay looks like our most talented forward player bar an in form Temps, Mitchell, who replaced Wallace at LB then played RB for the last 2-3 games looked more than capable, and ceratinly was a better RB than Foster/Mcgregor. Crawford, wouldn't say he was a world beater but he certainly has enough about him, shouldn't have signed Peralta, gave Crawford game time. Telfer? Enough said... Add to that list Gallagher who was, along with Mckay, our best player preseason, yet as soon as the season starts, punted on loan to make way for Miller, Boyd and Daly.

The issue isn't that these players haven't been included, it's been how they've treated. Most deserve more game time for the preformances they've put in, others aren't any worse than the players ''ahead'' of them and are on a fraction of the wage.

I really can't say they deserve to play, nobody at any club deserves a place... I can't say the same for McCoist and his favourites however.

I'm not arguing that they got game time, but where did you get those appearance numbers from? :lol:

McKay played 41 times in Division 3?!

Quite a few sub appearances but he, and the rest, did make that many appearances in the 2012/13 season. It doesn't suit the mantra Ally never used youth so it gets ignored by most.

I'm absolutely not arguing that.

But where did get those figures?

Everywhere. They are facts.

Wikipedia, if you're lazy.

Any number of football stat sites. Transfermarkt.co.uk is useful.

Or you can go through the official home page fixtures/results page for 2012/13. (tu)

Everywhere. They are facts.

Wikipedia, if you're lazy.

Any number of football stat sites. Transfermarkt.co.uk is useful.

Or you can go through the official home page fixtures/results page for 2012/13. (tu)

Wikipedia supports the fact that those numbers are made up.

Ally responds to Thompson.

He said: 'It's very, very uncommon for these tribunals to see both parties leave delighted with the outcome.

'We feel happier with the outcome and that we got our just rewards for the education we gave Charlie over the last 10 years.

'I can also understand Dundee United's disappointment.

'But Stephen knew the rules before he went and got Charlie. I don't think you can complain about the rules after you make your own decision. You have to abide by them.

'But they knew the rules before they did that. Now they are having a moan about the rules. I'm not necessarily sure that should be the case. The rule hasn't changed since United went and got Charlie.'

Perry played 23 games

Hutton played 33 games

Hegarty 29

Naismith 24

lets have a look at the important figures shall we

hegarty played 2481 minutes over 29 appearances (average 86minutes per game)

perry played 1769 minutes over 22 games (average 80minutes per game)

hutton played 2648 over 32 games (average 83minutes per game)

naismith played 713 minutes over 24 games (average 29minutes per game)

cole played 152 minutes over 4 appearances ( average 38 minutes per game)

Mitchell played 376 minutes over 7 games (average 54 minutes per game)

hemmings played 218 minutes over 5 games (average 44minutes per game)

crawford played 978 minutes over 27 games (average 36minutes per game)

mckay played 2092 minutes over 41 games (average 51 minutes per game)

macleod played 2585 minutes over 31 games (average 83minutes per game)

aird played 962 minutes over 22 minutes (average 44minutes per game)

mcculloch played 3416 over 38 games (almost 90minutes every game, missed 4 minutes all season)

black played 3195 over 38 games (average 84minutes per game)

cribari played 2898 over 34 games (average 85minutes per game)

given we wrapped up the title with 5 games to go (450minutes of game time) its quite disappointing that McCulloch continued to play every single game after the league was won, so did black and cribari, while other younger players lost out

and thats a season where ally had 3 days to sign players, if we were to look at the following season (ive posted these figures elsewhere) then it shows an absolute shambles in how we ran our team, especially as we won league 1 earlier than we won league 2

lets have a look at the important figures shall we

hegarty played 2481 minutes over 29 appearances (average 86minutes per game)

perry played 1769 minutes over 22 games (average 80minutes per game)

hutton played 2648 over 32 games (average 83minutes per game)

naismith played 713 minutes over 24 games (average 29minutes per game)

cole played 152 minutes over 4 appearances ( average 38 minutes per game)

Mitchell played 376 minutes over 7 games (average 54 minutes per game)

hemmings played 218 minutes over 5 games (average 44minutes per game)

crawford played 978 minutes over 27 games (average 36minutes per game)

mckay played 2092 minutes over 41 games (average 51 minutes per game)

macleod played 2585 minutes over 31 games (average 83minutes per game)

aird played 962 minutes over 22 minutes (average 44minutes per game)

mcculloch played 3416 over 38 games (almost 90minutes every game, missed 4 minutes all season)

black played 3195 over 38 games (average 84minutes per game)

cribari played 2898 over 34 games (average 85minutes per game)

given we wrapped up the title with 5 games to go (450minutes of game time) its quite disappointing that McCulloch continued to play every single game after the league was won, so did black and cribari, while other younger players lost out

and thats a season where ally had 3 days to sign players, if we were to look at the following season (ive posted these figures elsewhere) then it shows an absolute shambles in how we ran our team, especially as we won league 1 earlier than we won league 2

That's a hell of alot of minutes Ally gave the youth.

That's a hell of alot of minutes Ally gave the youth.

there was a total of 4230 minutes available that season to the players that were here before we played berwick at end of july

the highest "youth" played less than 3000 minutes, and that was Kyle Hutton who was actually 21 at the time and had champions league experience, hardly a youth player, ross perry was 22 and hegarty was 20, id hardly call them youth

aside from macleod and mckay, everyone else under that age of 20 barely kicked a ball for us in division 3 compared to older players

Perry is always one that disappoints me. He looked a decent player when he first went into the side in the SPL, a few injuries disrupted any chance of progression that year and in Division 3 he was absolutely hopeless.

I think it will always be a bitter topic that we didn't give Charlie Telfer more game time, regardless of the game time we did or didn't afford to others.