Charlie telfer

plymouthranger

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Onwards and upwards Charlie, if he had bit the bullet he may well have done a BM under Warburton.

It's quite possible that could have happened however look at how we were raving about Murdoch and yet he's out on loan at 2 clubs this year rather than getting a look in. The one thing I can say is that I believe Warburton can spot potential whether they are young and unproven or older and struggled to settle down and find form e.g. Tav, Waggy, Kiernan

This is why I'm not overly bothered about the lack of transfer fees involved in most of our signings as most of these players aren't in demand as other managers either can't see the potential or don't want to take the risk.

Hope the lad does well as you can't fault him for leaving when he did, we had won the league yet McCoist refused to play him or his colleagues, instead went for unbeaten in League One doh had he known in a years time someone like Warburton was going to be in charge playing football on the deck he might have stayed, so like I say I don't blame him for leaving.

On 10 December 2014 at 10:16 PM, Jimbeamjunior said:

our recent accounts showed we have 53 players on the books, we had more than enough youth back in division 3 to supplement the squad

remember back then we also had guys like perry, hutton, hemmings, cole, mitchell, hegarty and naismith, another 7 bodies that were old enough to be based in the first team squad and given a year to see their worth

but nope we felt it better to spunk a good fortune on guys like cribari (remind me just how good he was against part timers), stella, kyle, sandaza, daly amongst other shite

Interesting to see where those players are now.

Perry - Brechin

Hutton - QotS

Hemmings - Dundee

Cole - Livi

Mitchell - Crusaders 

Hegarty - Linfield

Naismith - Portsmouth

43 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Interesting to see where those players are now.

Perry - Brechin

Hutton - QotS

Hemmings - Dundee

Cole - Livi

Mitchell - Crusaders 

Hegarty - Linfield

Naismith - Portsmouth

And where are the guys paid two or 3 times as much, that failed to get us to the top league

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And where are the guys paid two or 3 times as much, that failed to get us to the top league

Stuart McCall is still working with the Scotland National team and working as a pundit.

McCoist is back working on TV working as a pundit.

McDowall is...actually anyone know where he is?

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Stuart McCall is still working with the Scotland National team and working as a pundit.

McCoist is back working on TV working as a pundit.

McDowall is...actually anyone know where he is?

Feel a bit for McCall tbh. He came in and that team where on their knees. He managed to get us past Hibs and QOS but unfortunately will be remembered for the mauling at Motherwell.

Still, on the upside things have worked out better with Warbs coming in

• 3 months later...

Posted this before as I know Charlie. 

He is a bluenose. Loves the club and he moved because of mccoist, who told him to sign new deal and he would build a team round him. One year later he had played less than 30 mins of first team football. 

Actually heard he is thinking of quitting football and going into law. He is a very clever guy. Would be a waste but blame mccoist he ain't with us. 

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He is a bluenose. Loves the club and he moved because of mccoist, who told him to sign new deal and he would build a team round him. One year later he had played less than 30 mins of first team football. 

Actually heard he is thinking of quitting football and going into law. He is a very clever guy. Would be a waste but blame mccoist he ain't with us. 

He's not with us because of himself.no one else 

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Sounds like a bit of a big head then. The managers not playing me when he said he would so goes in a huff and wants away. and clearly not as good as everyone said if couldn't feature for a relegated team under 2 seperate managers.

Need to be patient like McKay and if you're good enough you'll get the chance.

Just another in a long list of players who seem to get better the less games they play.

Club got good money for a player who wasn't good enough so pleased with that.

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Bullshit. You believe what you want to. 

I'll believe the boy himself and his family who I've known for years. 

Mccoist lied and made promises he then failed to deliver upon. 

Or he wasn't good enough to force his way into a terrible McCoist team and him and his hangers on would rather make daft excuses for him.