Strong Words from Young Will

Big Al 55

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to think long and hard about going yesterday such is the dirge served up by Ally and probably after my son's pleading that we can't do walking away I relented and off we went to watch the predictable shambles. I kid you not but just as I sat there thinking it can't get any worse the roof above me in the Broomloan rear started to leak and it was a hoods up job to stay dry!!! .You can't make this shit up but at least we are consistent and since we expect to be bored rigid we are never surprised. Ally ain't leaving so I hope my boy has another rousing speach prepared for our next home game but I could always pretend the car has a flat battery next time.

If Ashley is going to make a further reaching change at Ibrox, he has to get stuck in about our youth setup and scouting. If his intentions are well I can see us being used to prepare Newcastle fringe/youth players for a good few season to save cash.

Bill is spot on, as never in my life, did i think we would be in this mess. All our absent bears will be spinning in their graves , at how a great club has been allowed to decline like the way our club has. You fear we could end up without a club, or spend a long time in the wilderness, unless we get money from somewhere, plus decent football to bring back our fans that we have lost.

This was from Young Will a few weeks ago, he's fair changed his tune.

https://billmcmurdo....2014/10/page/4/

That was before our last 5 matches, I suspect.

A little run containing one decent performance & result.

I think he may have hoped this mood of optimism might have rubbed off on the management & players - it clearly hasn't.

Football is an ever-changing landscape and the fact that people want to believe that what is happening now is permanent is sad but typical. The club is in a bad way and the last few weeks have been horrendous, but the few weeks before that were pretty good - the Hearts game has clearly taken its toll on fans and players, I hoped the Kilmarnock game would be the antidote to that, but Alloa just knocked us all back down again. But there are more games to come and every big game is another shot at redemption and recovery, so we may as well jump into them.

The players we have now should still be good enough to see us win this league, the fact that I have lost the certainty I had that it would happen is pretty disappointing but also temporary I hope, Ashley is required to sort out the financial gaping hole, but if he doesn't, others have come forward before and will do again if need be.

We are only facing armageddon if someone actually presses the button.

Here's where I would like to see us

Get rid of the remnants of the board associated with the old regime

Get rid of the management team

Rebuild the whole ethos of the football side of things including youth & coaching

Ban those fans for life who have profited from our troubles (we all know who they are)

Run the club as a business

Bring back the Billy Boys

I think we'd all like to see that Mr B however the question was where do younsee us in 12 months, not wherw you'd like to see us, huge difference IMO

No, I have always seen the frailties in our team and outdated style of football.

I wish you could have seen the frailties in The likes of Greene and Wallace a lot sooner and can only hope you've not backed the wrong horse yet again in Ashley ,as you seem to have enough influence over some bears to Leave them disappointed once more.

Once Ashley gets things sorted out with the SFA we will start powering forward.

Ignore the doomsayers and poison drippers.

A new owner, wads of cash and Ally becoming a former manager will make it a happy new year.

Before anyone calls me deluded spare a thought for the poor souls who still believe in Rangers men clearing out the board and leading us to salvation. I bet they still believe santa exists too.

Hope I havent shattered their illusions :lol:

No, I have always seen the frailties in our team and outdated style of football.

The football has been poor for years under McCoist and nothing was done about it by the various boards.

They went through approximately 100M, they did very well out of it and our football operation and infrastructure wasn't properly addressed.

We are a shambles and the buck stops with the board.

Easdale said he knew where investment could be found and we are still waiting.

These were your own words last December

"As I have said before and as Sandy Easdale has recently stated, there is plenty of investment money available from wealthy backers."

Ashely was promoted as the sugardaddy but he prefers his own interests.

Your words in October

"Mike Ashley has the resources to back Rangers and make them a big club like before, even bigger. "

and "He also has plenty of time to become a “Rangers man” and take the club to heart."

Yes you have.

You now seem to either harbour real doubts about the Ashely intent or think he's too thick a businessman to realise.

Which is it?

I think Ashley has good intentions and I think he is a very shrewd businessman.

But I don't think he is infallible.

The situation at Rangers right now is, as I said, fine margins.

The danger is he leaves it too late to take radical action.

Once Ashley gets things sorted out with the SFA we will start powering forward.

Ignore the doomsayers and poison drippers.

A new owner, wads of cash and Ally becoming a former manager will make it a happy new year.

Before anyone calls me deluded spare a thought for the poor souls who still believe in Rangers men clearing out the board and leading us to salvation. I bet they still believe santa exists too.

Hope I havent shattered their illusions :lol:

Have a think back about the horses you have previously backed and ask yourself why anyone would take your views on such matters without a huge dollop of scepticism.

The football has been poor for years under McCoist and nothing was done about it by the various boards.

They went through approximately 100M, they did very well out of it and our football operation and infrastructure wasn't properly

They went through approximately 100M, they did very well out of it and our football operation and infrastructure wasn't properly addressed.

"As I have said before and as Sandy Easdale has recently stated, there is plenty of investment money available from wealthy backers."

Your words in October

"Mike Ashley has the resources to back Rangers and make them a big club like before, even bigger. "

and "He also has plenty of time to become a “Rangers man” and take the club to heart."

Your words in October

Your words in October

I can't speak for Sandy so don't know what he was referring to but I do know one big investor backed off. Mike Ashley may be one of those Sandy was talking about.

Ashley certainly has the resources but we are waiting for him to give us his long-term plan if he has one. Doesn't take a lot of brains to work out that he might be too late the way things are going.

I think Ashley has good intentions and I think he is a very shrewd businessman.

But I don't think he is infallible.

The situation at Rangers right now is, as I said, fine margins.

The danger is he leaves it too late to take radical action.

So you are doubting the Ashely business mind and saying that he or his advisors can't see what is going on and the possible consequences.

Do you think that is a credible view?

So you are doubting the Ashely business mind and saying that he or his advisors can't see what is going on and the possible consequences.

Do you think that is a credible view?

I think I have made my view quite plain

I also think you are trying to put words in my mouth

If I am wrong, I apologise and can provide diagrams if you are slow to learn

I think I have made my view quite plain

I also think you are trying to put words in my mouth

No, you've put them there yourself by what you said in the blog.

It's either one or the other.

Good intentions or a businessman who isn't that shrewd.

I think Ashely is a very shrewd businessman but with his own interests in mind.

Your words in October

Pretty stalkerish behaviour there. But i'm sure you will be able to enlighten us as to the best way forward regarding the Board, the Manager and the investment we need.