Strong Words from Young Will

Big Al 55

No, you've put them there yourself by what you said in the blog.

It's either one or the other.

Good intentions or a businessman who isn't that shrewd.

I think Ashely is a very shrewd businessman but with his own interests in mind.

Imagine that. A very shrewd businessman looking after his own interests.

Will such a concept ever take off?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that. A very shrewd businessman looking after his own interests.

Will it ever take off?

It is obvious, I'm glad you can now see it in the case of Ashely and Rangers.

It's written all over the retail deal, the way he puchased shares instead of investing directly into the club in September, the way he grabbed options for 2 seats on the RIFC board and 2 seats on the TRFC board for a 2M secured loan and his general lack of personal interest and attention.

Sounds like Llambias does not like what he sees at this mess of a club and Ashley if far more reluctant now.

Sad times when even Merlin realises how utterly fucked we are, especially with the incompetent fools on our board.

Not even a new manager is going to turn this around for us tbh.

It is obvious, I'm glad you can now see it in the case of Ashely and Rangers.

It's written all over the retail deal, the way he puchased shares instead of investing directly into the club in September, the way he grabbed options for 2 seats on the RIFC board and 2 seats on the TRFC board for a 2M secured loan and his general lack of personal interest and attention.

A shrewd operator, no doubt.

But really it's not about how he got power, it is about what he does with it from now on.

My point is simply that he may leave it all too late the way things are going.

A shrewd operator, no doubt.

But really it's not about how he got power, it is about what he does with it from now on.

My point is simply that he may leave it all too late the way things are going.

It's about his intentions and from the outset (2012) they have been with himself and Sports Direct in mind, Rangers would be used as a vehicle.

You seem keen to put out the mesage, "he may leave it all too late the way things are going", can you expand on what you expect?

Have a think back about the horses you have previously backed and ask yourself why anyone would take your views on such matters without a huge dollop of scepticism.

What do you want for Bill to say he was wrong about green and somers?

Like most on here, both were lauded and it's not a crime to take a different view further down the line.

It's about his intentions and from the outset (2012) they have been with himself and Sports Direct in mind, Rangers would be used as a vehicle.

You seem keen to put out the mesage, "he may leave it all too late the way things are going", can you expand on what you expect?

You seem keen to put out that I am putting out a "message"

I am simply stating my opinion

Ashley has the resources to take Rangers back to stability and success

I think he very likely has the intentions of doing just that

But he may act too late to stop the rot and, as other posters have said, leave us with no club or a greatly diminished one

Sounds like Llambias does not like what he sees at this mess of a club and Ashley if far more reluctant now.

Sad times when even Merlin realises how utterly fucked we are, especially with the incompetent fools on our board.

Your first paragraph would then leave the door open for DK and the vote at the AGM. I don't believe for a minute that MA is having second thoughts.

What do you want for Bill to say he was wrong about green and somers?

Like most on here, both were lauded and

it's not a crime to take a different view further down the line.

Bill's problem seems to be that he only uses due diligence when it comes to King but is prepared to take a chance on anyone other than King ,hence why he's had egg on his face a few times.

You seem keen to put out that I am putting out a "message"

I am simply stating my opinion

Ashley has the resources to take Rangers back to stability and success

I think he very likely has the intentions of doing just that

But he may act too late to stop the rot and, as other posters have said, leave us with no club or a greatly diminished one

Bill, you blog and aswell as your opinion, you often send out 'messages' based on inside info.

It's obvious that Ashely has the money to do pretty much what he wants in this world but there is no evidence to suggest that he is suddenly going to start to get generous with Rangers.

What I think might be behind your message is this.

That Ashely has no intention to take Rangers forward, as in your quote "Mike Ashley has the resources to back Rangers and make them a big club like before, even bigger." (and never did) but he will keep us breathing whilst harsh austerity is introduced, so as to keep his onerous contracts being serviced.

You are providing an early excuse for Ashely, trying to say that his business brain or is that machine can't realise what you are seeing and that it will be too late soon. The blame will then be deflected from where it resides.

Why don't you call Sandy and tell him to have a timely word with the guy in the corridor.

Bill, you blog and aswell as your opinion, you often send out 'messages' based on inside info.

It's obvious that Ashely has the money to do pretty much what he wants in this world but there is no evidence to suggest that he is suddenly going to start to get generous with Rangers.

What I think might be behind your message is this.

That Ashely has no intention to take Rangers forward, as in your quote "Mike Ashley has the resources to back Rangers and make them a big club like before, even bigger." (and never did) but he will keep us breathing whilst harsh austerity is introduced, so as to keep his onerous contracts being serviced.

You are providing an early excuse for Ashely, trying to say that his business brain or is that machine can't realise what you are seeing and that it will be too late soon. The blame will then be deflected from where it resides.

Why don't you call Sandy and tell him to have a timely word with the guy in the corridor.

You are either truly paranoid or are sending your own wee messages

From the Bow Wine Vaults Not So Loyal perhaps?

You are either truly paranoid or are sending your own wee messages

From the Bow Wine Vaults Not So Loyal perhaps?

The root of this conversation is a part of your blog that IMO isn't credible, nor can you give a satisfactory answer to the question I asked you.

You are suggesting that Ashely has good intentions but can't see what needs to be done or will do, only when it is too late. For the real world businessman that is a very shrewd Mike Ashely, what you say doesn't make sense.

What would make sense is that with his men on the inside, he can see exactly what is going on, perhaps even more clearly than you. Any decisions would be made accordingly and if his MO remains the same, with his and SD interests at the forefront.

The root of this conversation is a part of your blog that IMO isn't credible, nor can you give a satisfactory answer to the question I asked you.

You are suggesting that Ashely has good intentions but can't see what needs to be done or will do, only when it is too late. For the real world businessman that is a very shrewd Mike Ashely, what you say doesn't make sense.

What would make sense is that with his men on the inside, he can see exactly what is going on, perhaps even more clearly than you. Any decisions would be made accordingly and if his MO remains the same, with his and SD interests at the forefront.

Have answered your question several times

You are boring me now

Will leave you to your sinister connotations and permutations of Mike Ashley's motives and inner workings

You really should be rejoicing over all this

Gives your buddies a chance to pick up the club for crumbs as was always their intent should it all go pear-shaped

Have answered your question several times

You are boring me now

Will leave you to your sinister connotations and permutations of Mike Ashley's motives and inner workings

You really should be rejoicing over all this

Gives your buddies a chance to pick up the club for crumbs as was always their intent should it all go pear-shaped

I thought the underlying premise with Mike Ashely was always based on the very simple fact, that he is a very wealthy man (not in doubt) and that his tanks were willing to fire in the heavy "tens of millions" (increasing doubt).

If that were the case then people might not speculate on motives.

If you don't think it reasonable to do so, then it appears you still refuse to take on board lessons you should have already learnt.

I think we'd all like to see that Mr B however the question was where do younsee us in 12 months, not wherw you'd like to see us, huge difference IMO

Other than the Billy Boys that's where we will be although we need to rejig the order of priorities starting with purging the recalcitrant fans

I'd say that Bill's summation of where we're headed is quite correct, what I can't see though is how he depends on Ashley to present leadership in our present crisis. Remember, all our woe's aren't just financial and the type of person that we need to speak out against our detractors doesn't seem to me to be Ashley - a man much reported as the silent man in media circles - or even Llambias, his poodle.

You sound like a green eyed monster

I'd say that Bill's summation of where we're headed is quite correct, what I can't see though is how he depends on Ashley to present leadership in our present crisis. Remember, all our woe's aren't just financial and the type of person that we need to speak out against our detractors doesn't seem to me to be Ashley - a man much reported as the silent man in media circles - or even Llambias, his poodle.

A very valid point

Indeed, methinks the penny may have finally dropped.

Isn't it more important to first have a functioning board that works in the interests of the club, is reasonably transparent and is trusted by the fanbase?

With that you would improve revenue and even hope to begin on a road twards getting the club back to a more normal place.

Charles Green should serve as a warning for bullshit artists who pretend to defend the club but are organising the finances and contracts in a creative way that damage the club.