Ricksen Tribute Match 25th Jan

greg_1987

Today was an emotional roller coaster.

It was uplifting to see the long queues of supporters waiting to pay at the gate, after the worries of a mediocre crowd, everyone has rallied round good style.

Then the video to the start with all his goals just reminded you that he was a potent goal threat.

Then there was the tough bit of watching him fight valiantly to keep his emotions together, not surprisingly there were many more in the stands trying to do the same, with varying degrees of success, I wasn't very successful.

Then there was the roars of the crowd, at the start, this convinced me that the not surprisingly subdued crowds of the last few years, may not last for ever, because given the right reasons we can still raise the roof of the stands.

At the end of the match the camaraderie of all the pros on both teams showed a real affection towards the crowd, they seemed genuinely taken in by us.

On the way home, my daughter said that this was the best match. She had been to in three years, no negativity and everyone pulling together. Can't say I disagree with her.

Sounds like a superb tribute to Fernando!

I couldn't get to the game today but actually spent time reading his autobiography this afternoon.

The video has left me with a lump in my throat!

Well done to everyone of the players, fans, staff for what looked and sounded like an brilliant but emotional day!!!

W A T P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Lovenkrands @lovenkrands11 · 2 hrs 2 hours ago

A fantastic day, absolute loved being back playing at Ibrox! And unbelievable turnout from the fans1f44f.pnghttp://instagram.com/p/ySbcNQG4so/

Michael Ball @bally03 · 4 hrs 4 hours ago

Fantastic support from the Rangers fans thanks very much for all the support for my mate Fernando! #OldDreamTeam #RFC

James Beattie @1jamesbeattie · 1h 1 hour ago

A HUGE thank you to all of the @RangersFC fans that turned out for Fernando today. Massive respect. Very emotional day. Very proud to there.

A very emotional day for everyone involved, God knows who long Fernando has left to live but you can clearly see he is still fighting.

A big thank you to all the bears that were able to attend the match to give Fernando a day to remember.

Keep up the fight Fernando.

Can I just remind everyone that any and all donations received by RangersMedia over the next few days will be donated in full to the Official RCF/Fernando/Isabella/MND Scotland Fund - exactly the same as the ticket sales do.

I think the total donations received by RM for Fernando is sitting about £600 right now, but I'm sure we can do better. (tu)

So if you'd like to donate here's the link...

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

(any amount, even £1, is more than welcome!)

And here's the Ricksen Appeal discussion thread ...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276958

Kinda puts everything into perspective today. I didn't realise Fernando had got so bad so quickly. Was watching the video of him at Ibrox back in January last year & he looked really good. I was near crying watching him come on. My sons pal was crying watching him at the end & they're both only 11, so never even saw him play for us. Such a cruel disease. Hope some of the drugs he can get will help him out. All the best Fernando, keep well.

Today was difficult at times but i am proud that everyone involved showed alot of support for Fernando. It was a very humbling day and hopefully gives the guy a lift.

I couldn't find any of the fernando ricksen wristbands around the stadium. Can they still be bought?

Overcome with emotion watching the video

Fernando, what can I say? No Surrender!

theres been plenty of negative stuff flying about lately concerning Rangers but what I just saw in that video blows all that negativity right out of the water and shows why Rangers, no matter what, are a huge club and when the crunch comes can pull together as one to look after one of their own.

Fernando: fight on mate we are all with you

Rangers: A club like no other

A day of emotion, I had a massive lump in my throat seeing Fernando before and after the game. I lost a family member to this terrible disease and have so much admiration for the way he is handling his situation.

I wasn't shocked at the attendance, I always had a feeling the Bears would come out in big numbers today, we are a family and when the chips are down we look after our own.

Great to see so many legends turning out for their mate, and well done to the All Stars guys with no connection to Rangers but who saw fit to come and turn out for Fernando.

Felt so sad. What Fernando and his family must be going though.

A proud day in how many turned in support of him. This is what Rangers is all about. What a powerful force when we are united. Heartfelt and true. Puts other matters into perspective.

God bless you Fernando, you are so brave and a hero.