"I just didn't think the timing of it was great."

McWeedy

I remember someone at the club criticising Green for his timing of comments and actions ahead of a match it was important to win....

If this is positioning by Ally then it's very hypocritical to do it merely hours before a game we must win if to have any chance of catching Hearts.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine a few scenarios in this:

1. Ally truly believes what he says, however, recent statements suggest this not to be the case - "Not walking away" "Not considering resigning" "Focus on the next game"

2. Ally is miffed at purported comments by SE who wants rid of him, therefore issues a "Support me or sack me" ultimatum to the Board, who are not around to discuss it.

3. Ally realises he might be the manager to go down in history of not getting us promoted into the top flight, and has decided chuck it.

As much as I have really disliked his management tenure, I wish him all the best, hopefully not as manager of Rangers.

I remember someone at the club criticising Green for his timing of comments and actions ahead of a match it was important to win....

If this is positioning by Ally then it's very hypocritical to do it merely hours before a game we must win if to have any chance of catching Hearts.

Did Ally make his resignation Public? If, as being reported he has given notice as opposed to resigning with immediate effect it may have only been known by a very small number of people.

Green made his comments to the press.

There's a difference there.

How did Ally announce it? Was it meant to get out to the public today? Serious questions i have no idea whats went on.

Nope. The two aren't comparable with each other. One spoke to the media and made comments regarding setting targets he was in no position to set the other has tendered his resignation without as much as a word in the public domain.

How has it entered the public domain?

What public comments has he made that could 'unsettle the team'?

Seriously, are you fucking at it ?

McCoist criticises Green for making comments that could unsettle the team on matchday

He offers resignation on matchday, which will unsettle the team on matchday

and you see a difference between the 2 ? Either way they're both unsettling the team and that was Ally's gripe with Green. Unless he thought he could offer his resignation and it wouldn't become public knowledge, which would be absolutely fucking ridiculous.

McCoist criticises Green for making comments that could unsettle the team on matchday

and you see a difference between the 2 ? Either way they're both unsettling the team and that was Ally's gripe with Green. Unless he thought he could offer his resignation and it wouldn't become public knowledge, which would be absolutely fucking ridiculous.

(tu)

Can't believe the stupidity of some on here.

It's beyond blind loyalty.

Nope. The two aren't comparable with each other. One spoke to the media and made comments regarding setting targets he was in no position to set the other has tendered his resignation without as much as a word in the public domain.

Do you honestly believe Ally offering his resignation from Rangers at any time, let alone on the day of the game, could go unnoticed and escape the public eye ?

On to the topic, why today of all days did he decide he just had to offer it ?

So how is offering his resignation, which had to be shared with no one other than the board and McCoist at this moment, comparable with giving comments to the press?

Green only said we should be winning a cup

Which is what every man and his dog was saying

And we are still fuckin waiting for it

If we had beat Forfar Ally wouldn't have mentioned it but it was his diversion tactic to deflect from his humiliation

Unfortunately the gullible fell for it

Green only said we should be winning a cup

Which is what every man and his dog was saying

And we are still fuckin waiting for it

If we had beat Forfar Ally wouldn't have mentioned it but it was his diversion tactic to deflect from his humiliation

Unfortunately the gullible fell for it

Whether or not it's what every man and his dog were saying is irrelevant. We shouldn't have paid corporate consultants setting targets for the football manager via the press. Nor is it comparable with tendering your resignation

Whether or not it's what every man and his dog were saying is irrelevant. We shouldn't have paid corporate consultants setting targets for the football manager via the press. Nor is it comparable with tendering your resignation

He wasn't "setting targets"

He was answering a question in an interview

We should have 3/4 cups under our belt by now under McCoists tenure

Blaming Green, the wind, no pre season, plastic pitches blah blah blah are just deflections from his inadequacies

Today's stunt will be the excuse if we lose tonight

So how is offering his resignation, which had to be shared with no one other than the board and McCoist at this moment, comparable with giving comments to the press?

:lol: :lol:

I can't actually understand where you're getting lost here. I really hope you're taking the piss, or you're just incredibly naive.

How can you not see that its the same ? Right, let's play then. Do you genuinely believe that Ally, this apparent Rangers man, who's spent the majority of his adult life at the club, who's spent the last 7 years at the club in the coaching staff at some capacity, where the media attention is 24/7 non-stop, honestly thought that he could offer his resignation on matchday and it wouldn't make it to the public domain ? Bullshit.

Now we both know that's bullshit. Ally's a clueless manager but he's genuinely a clever guy and know's what he's doing here, he knows the club is full of leaks (how could he not) he might have even leaked it himself.

He knows this'll get leaked and went through with it anyway, on matchday, which would unsettle the team on matchday, which, again, was his gripe with Green, who also made comments that unsettled the team on matchday.

Cannot believe I had to spell that out.

I can't actually understand where you're getting lost here. I really hope you're taking the piss, or you're just incredibly naive.

How can you not see that its the same ? Right, let's play then. Do you genuinely believe that Ally, this apparent Rangers man, who's spent the majority of his adult life at the club, who's spent the last 7 years at the club in the coaching staff at some capacity, where the media attention is 24/7 non-stop, honestly thought that he could offer his resignation on matchday and it wouldn't make it to the public domain ? Bullshit.

Now we both know that's bullshit. Ally's a clueless manager but he's genuinely a clever guy and know's what he's doing here, he knows the club is full of leaks (how could he not) he might have even leaked it himself.

He knows this'll get leaked and went through with it anyway, on matchday, which would unsettle the team on matchday, which, again, was his gripe with Green, who also made comments that unsettled the team on matchday.

How do you know he offered it today?

Why would it get into the public domain? There's been no AIM announcement or official club statement or one from Ally. Green gave an interview.

Sir Alex Fergusons decision to chuck it was kept quiet for months.

Just asking guys. If we are just going to assume the facts we should be more creative. Like...

Ally rode into the boardroom at 3pm today on a unicorn, screaming blood and thunder that he wanted $10 million or he would write a book and get them all 10 years jail time...then realised they were all in London, so left a polite note before leaving an anonymous message on the bbc answer machine. (tu)