Back the man, not the manager

Some of things like 'cunt', 'arsehole', 'Sciaf' ect I don't agree with and have never said. I have called him a cunt of a manager though I'm sure.

Some people let their emotions get away with them especially after a poor result.

I will however point out what I think of him as a manager and that he's a piss poor one and acting with little dignity in this latter stage.

I'll continute thinking and saying so until he does something to change my mind.

I would treat the former as abuse and the latter as criticism then so we have no issue where that's concerned.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'l make an assumption (like you are) regarding this salary "hike". My assumption is it's automatically triggered on the event of either party activating the the cancellation of the 12 month rolling contract. I'll also assume that the "hike" was not demanded by Ally when he handed in his offer to resign. And I'll also assume that the the contract was written that it was believed we wouldn't be sitting on a financial precipice.

I'll also assume these contractural issues will be dealt with on Wednesday. Until then, let's calm down and wait.

I'm perfectly calm. On Friday, Ally stated that he deals only in "cold, hard facts". Here's a fact for you, Ally: his salary has reverted to 750k per annum while staff are being paid off.

I would tend to agree.

My problem is the double standards from the board RE full disclosure.

The board didn't start this pantomime, it was clearly from the Ally camp, otherwise he could've just walked without the notice on Friday. The club would've accepted if he'd waived his pay off on the spot. Instead, the board sidestepped him and landed an uppercut to his plans.

I don't blame them for that.

He gambled with our club and he's now facing a no win situation he created.

I have no love for the Board, but I can't blame them for this.

I'm perfectly calm. On Friday, Ally stated that he deals only in "cold, hard facts". Here's a fact for you, Ally: his salary has reverted to 750k per annum while staff are being paid off.

Here's another "fact". It's contractural and it's been automatically triggered. Unless the contract has been modified in the last few months, then that's just how it is. The board, in whatever itteration, are duty bound to act in the best interest of the company (sic) and will be complicit in drawing up and agreeing to said contract.

I just hope that the least Ally will do is walk away from at least that "increase".

Let's just wait until Wednesday eh?

There's nothing whatever amiss with revealing the failing manager's ludicrous and wholly undeserved salary hike. We should always insist on full transparency over key figures' financial arrangements.

Especially when it confirms what was already a pretty open secret, and gives some background as to why the deed has not been concluded.

99% of the support agree Ally isn't/wasn't the man to take is forward.

The main issue here is the board publicly hanging him out to dry yet again RE his salary.

So he walks away with no pay off, where does that leave us? Another £750k that gets wasted on some other shite?

Wait and see what the facts are before abusing a Rangers legend.

His salary was already way to high and as it changed it had to be announced to the stock exchange nothing more to it

Bollocks, utter bollocks.

He's been a poor manager, he should have left before now, but some of the stuff people spout about him is shameful.

Hold on bud - you cant have it both ways.

You have said" he should have left by now" - the point is he hasnt,- he has continued to take an exhoribant wage for a role he is clearly not fulfilling but takes the money nonetheless, despite the finanical predicament of the club.

You have said" he should have left by now" - the point is he hasnt,- he has continued to take an exhoribant wage for a role he is clearly not fulfilling but takes the money nonetheless, despite the finanical predicament of the club.

(tu)

That's about the crux of it. (tu)

The board didn't start this pantomime, it was clearly from the Ally camp, otherwise he could've just walked without the notice on Friday. The club would've accepted if he'd waived his pay off on the spot. Instead, the board sidestepped him and landed an uppercut to his plans.

I don't blame them for that.

He gambled with our club and he's now facing a no win situation he created.

I have no love for the Board, but I can't blame them for this.

You don't think this board would have seen the chance of a quick buck if Ally just left the building, and sued him for breach of contract?

I'm fairly certain Ally has sought legal advice on this.

99% of the support agree Ally isn't/wasn't the man to take is forward.

The main issue here is the board publicly hanging him out to dry yet again RE his salary.

So he walks away with no pay off, where does that leave us? Another £750k that gets wasted on some other shite?

Wait and see what the facts are before abusing a Rangers legend.

You are against the board so will of course back anyone that's against them..

Ally is probably our worst ever manager and should have gone a long time ago IMO.

I still like him as a person, but whether I continue to like him will depend on what happens this week. I hope he takes as little as possible in any pay off so that I do not have to revaluate my opinion.

I read a post somewhere saying he might take his full wage and then give it to charity, well considering where our club is financially at the moment, that would be a huge mistake.

Lets hope he does the right thing, for the club, on Wednesday (tu)

Ally is probably our worst ever manager and should have gone a long time ago IMO.

I still like him as a person, but whether I continue to like him will depend on what happens this week. I hope he takes as little as possible in any pay off so that I do not have to revaluate my opinion.

?I read a post somewhere saying he might take his full wage and then give it to charity, well considering where our club is financially at the moment, that would be a huge mistake.

Fuck charity?

I think that we have all backed Ally and wanted him to succeed.

When I first heard the news on Friday I was gutted it had not worked out for him but I was glad he was doing the honorable thing and leaving without a pay off.

We then find out that he has just handed in his notice and was planning on taking the team.

I feel sorry for Ally but for him to take the team on Friday for that shambles shows he cares more about himself than the support,

He should have been nowhere near the team for that game.

He has taken massive wages from us and to show up on Friday night saying nothing. I would have thought he would have left with more dignity.

You don't think this board would have seen the chance of a quick buck if Ally just left the building, and sued him for breach of contract?

I'm fairly certain Ally has sought legal advice on this.

No I don't think that. I think if he'd stated he'd leave immediately without recompense, they'd have snapped his hand off.

I'm positive Ally has sought advice, but I'm also positive that some of that advice has come back to bite him on the arse.

There's nothing whatever amiss with revealing the failing manager's ludicrous and wholly undeserved salary hike. We should always insist on full transparency over key figures' financial arrangements.

A shareholder could have asked for the information at the AGM next week anyway. Loads of folk getting into an unnecessary lather about it.

No I don't think that. I think if he'd stated he'd leave immediately without recompense, they'd have snapped his hand off.

I'm positive Ally has sought advice, but I'm also positive that some of that advice has come back to bite him on the arse.

Trust this board more than me then. Obviously they want him gone, but I don't doubt they would be ruthless in taking advantage of any loophole for profit.