*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

The only reason i disagree with you is because King stated he wanted someone in who can build teams with experience, no disrespect to McCall he is another Ally type Manager and it will end the same way.

McCall is not the answer im afraid imo.

The only reason i disagree with you is because King stated he wanted someone in who can build teams with experience, no disrespect to McCall he is another Ally type Manager and it will end the same way.

McCall is not the answer im afraid imo.

Would take him over what we have at present but I agree he is not the answer on a permanent basis.

I asked DJW (he watches a lot of European football) for somebody he thought would be good and that's who he said too.

Apparently he had a massive influence on Guardiola.

The man is a class act. Loves to play football the right way. His next move will be a biggy. Would be nice to show such foresight and get in first. I am sure he would love such a project as ours.

The man is a class act. Loves to play football the right way. His next move will be a biggy. Would be nice to show such foresight and get in first. I am sure he would love such a project as ours.

Just googled him there and he seems to the man the Brentford chairman wants to replace Warburton.

Archie McPherson FTW.

Hopefully not, but the statements did make it look a possibility. The one about changing direction this late in the season was particularly worrying. Still, I can't imagine Ally would actually want to come back. He'd know the response, surely.

As you say I think/hope that Ally himself will not want to come back, fingers crossed.

There was a quote today about sitting down with Ally and Kenny as they are still Rangers employees and seeing what they want to do. That sounds awfully like an opening for McCoist should he want it.

I think everyone here is agreed that we need someone, at least on a temp basis. Question is, do the board consider promotion this season a priority. Again, given their statements yesterday they don't. Or, another way to look at it, a "change of direction at this stage in the season" wouldn't be beneficial according to them, so Ally back. Thats my reading of it anyway.

I'd much rather prefer McColl or Davies in the short term, but would they take the job as a placeholder coach?

That quote was taken out of context if you didn't read/hear the rest of it.

Also King later said...

"There are two Managers on the payroll who have both declared they don't want to be part of the Club going forward. So it's obvious what we have to do, go and find a Management team who can take us through the short term and the long term."

Do you honestly believe Cathro would leave Valencia to be second in command at Rangers in our current state?

Only said who I'd go for. Never said we'd definitely get them.

If you don't ask you don't get and it may suit him to come home.

Some people on this forum are living in a dreamworld.

Believe in setting the bar high. Not convinced McCall or McIness can deliver the things King wants.

I think they'd be better than Ally and Kenny.

I think Cathro as No1 is a risk. I like what I hear about him though bit prefer the security of someone experienced at the helm.

Unless we go for an unknown like Deila.

A new manager will be appointed when King and co are certain they have identified the correct man to take us forward.

He has said that he won't be rushing to appoint a new manager because he wants to make sure he gets the decision right.

What if he gets it wrong ? It does happen, it's happened before