*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Stories like this are ten a penny. If there's an actual quote from Murray/King I'd pay a bit more attention.

Assuming it's true, I'd be uninspired. Personally I'm uninspired by all the names touted on here recently, apart from Cathro but I appreciate it'd a be a big risk.

I want an unknown gem with a good track record who looks like a perfect fit (develops youth, works with budget, knows how to win week-in-week-out). I think we should cast the net wider than UK and look for someone of a good pedigree from a nation that doesn't pay the funny money on wages that we/English clubs do. I'd be concerned about him fitting in but to be fair if you look at all the top managers down south most are foreign so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you look most top managers they start somewhere small, then move somewhere medium and end up somewhere big. We need to get a guy from the small team whose destined for the big team.

Stories like this are ten a penny. If there's an actual quote from Murray/King I'd pay a bit more attention.

Assuming it's true, I'd be uninspired. Personally I'm uninspired by all the names touted on here recently, apart from Cathro but I appreciate it'd a be a big risk.

I want an unknown gem with a good track record who looks like a perfect fit (develops youth, works with budget, knows how to win week-in-week-out). I think we should cast the net wider than UK and look for someone of a good pedigree from a nation that doesn't pay the funny money on wages that we/English clubs do. I'd be concerned about him fitting in but to be fair if you look at all the top managers down south most are foreign so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you look most top managers they start somewhere small, then move somewhere medium and end up somewhere big. We need to get a guy from the small team whose destined for the big team.

So do you know a lot about Cathro or did you just read it in the paper a few months back and convinced yourself he's the answer.

I like what I hear about Ian Cathro and believe he has something to offer us. However I also think it would be a sizeable gamble employing him as our new Boss due to his Managerial inexperience, never mind becoming Manager of a huge club like Rangers.

Is he ready to perform under the immense pressure and scrutiny an old firm club ?

His comment about the afflicted in full.

"My beliefs have evolved in the last eight or nine years, that the spirit has to come back again, that is nothing new, that has been around for thousands of years. You have to come back to learn and face some of the things you have done, good and bad. There are too many injustices around."

"You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Celtic supporters have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

"You have to look at things that happened in your life and ask why. It comes around."

Im in the Cathro camp. I'll be honest and say i dont know much about him other than what iv read on here, but he sounds like he has fresh ideas and lets face it he wont be any worse than the current/ past management team. Id take Warburton/Weir aswell. If Davie could do half as much as a coach as he did as a player im sure it could only be good for us

Why should we appoint him ?What he done to deserve the job ? . He sounds good . So did PLG before he came to Rangers . He huge gamble . Can we afford take gamble on him in our current postion ? . People complained when ally became in charge he was not experniced enough . Either is this cathro . So what diffrent about him ?

Seemingly the sun running a story that these 2 being touted as possible management team. Thoughts?

No.

King stated he wants a Head Coach, presumably with a DoF above which Magath has already been linked with.

Warburton and Weir are leaving Brentford as Brentford board want to go from having Manager role...to DoF with Head Coach.

Doubt this is going to happen. The set up, as mentioned above, is going to be a head coach and a DOF.

I really want us to go for a foreign manager and allow him to make the changes that PLG wasn't. This is the time to completely change the club and that is the way to do it.

Do have a terrible feeling that it's going to be more jobs for the boys!

Surely we have to get someone in before the end of the season, before Tuesday would be fantastic. I cant stomach another one of THEY performances.

Yes, the new board got in and that gives us fans a lift but a new manager gives us a lift even more which would increase attendances therefore increases cash flow. Hope to hell it would give the players a boot up the arse. As for the 12,13 players out of contract with a new manager in place he has time to review who stays if any!! I also doubt very much he would be playing McCoists team and the new man would more than likely drop under performers.

As things stand if we have to wait until the end of the season I see another year in the Championship. Cant see McDowell taking us up through the play off.

If we decided to go for Cathro would we have to pay Valencia compo. I personally think he is our man after Dave Kings comments regarding a coach rather than a manager.

24 hours is a long time in football. What King, and his board said before the Cowdenbeath game, may well be very different to what they think now. We need someone in very soon, if only to stop KM going off his head, because he hasn't got what it takes, and he knows it, and he wants out. Get Davies or McCall, in until the end of the season, if we go up, offer a one year contract, to see how they do in the Premiership, and take it from there.