*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

There is another story kicking around that Felix Magath is in Glasgow tonight.

Rfc52 is also in glasgow tonight, that may or may not be linked :D

Seriously though, I'm really not sure what we need right now. We need someone to install fight and dig into this side but we also need fresh ideas. If DK saying around 10million being made available in the summer for players is true then I'd hope it's someone who has a track record of buying players and developing them. Magath doesn't tick that box for me but then neither does mccall in that respect.

I still think we'd be surprised who,would put in for the job if we opened it up to applicants

Magath in Glasgow... interim manager 'till end of season??

You being a wee tease?

Btw if he's getting this gig cause he has shares than I hope Rangers first apply for it as well. 13000 of us selecting the team :D

You being a wee tease?

Btw if he's getting this gig cause he has shares than I hope Rangers first apply for it as well. 13000 of us selecting the team :D

And still pick a better team than Ally or Kenny!!

nah, i'm not in the know like some :D just posting what i've heard with a guess that he'll come in :lol:

Wonder if we'd bring on stevie smith for vuckic :D

Aye Kenny McDowall was settling for the draw at that point ha ha

One thing is for sure - absolute sure - McD does not have what it takes to lift the team to play off winning capability. And he has made it clear enough that he has no appetite for the job. The benefit of promotion is big - even if we have to build from a low base at least we'd be in the top league looking to get competitive in it rather than finding a way to fight out of the Championship for the next few seasons. Top flight games would also make it more attractive for players to join us and give the new manager an added incentive as the prospect of European games does not really exist in life in the Championship.

So a reasonably low cost time-limited option of bringing in an experienced manager to see if this team can be transformed would - to my mind - be something a Board should be looking at. Have they asked Walter S? Maybe his previous comments were influenced by the antics of previous Boards. Events have moved on and maybe views of managing have moved on? Felix M might also be credible - what is there to lose in appointing him on an interim basis that is not already being lost on a more imploding catastrophic basis by McD? Ditto appointing Stuart McC. If money is still an insurmountable barrier to this then maybe King and Murray need to be having a word with McC about him suspending or reducing the amount he is taking from Rangers whilst contributing the square root of fuck all to us getting promotion.

In any other time in our history and in what might pass for normal circumstances there is absolutely no way I could conceive of any Board simply letting McD carry on leading an implosion of form and the continuance of a string of results that push Rangers well below the levels of mediocrity towards territory where our relevance a football force is fundamentally undermined. Its time to act.

Anywhere I can see this Walter Smith interview?

Was on SSN, he was doing some world record attempt at the most penalties taken in a row with a community of kids in Helensburgh. He was there as chairman of some local boys club I think.

Is this confirmed or it it still just a rumour?

Broke by the guy on FF who broke the first Magath news months ago and now posted by Keith Jackson on Twitter, would say its defo true.

I'd be happy with him till end of the season, hopefully in on time for Tuesday.

Felix or Kenny I know who I would choose......

Teams managed 1995–1997 Hamburger SV 1997–1998 1. FC Nürnberg 1998–1999 Werder Bremen 1999–2001 Eintracht Frankfurt 2001–2004 VfB Stuttgart 2004–2007 Bayern Munich 2007–2009 VfL Wolfsburg 2009–2011 Schalke 04 2011–2012 VfL Wolfsburg 2014 Fulham