*** New Manager Discussion ***

coatbrigpirate

Hoddle is totally out of our league. Folk claiming he's shite are probably 20 year olds who know nothing about him.

Spot on and it's roughly 17 years since he last made a spiritual statement so I think beating him with that stick is somewhat out of date. To be honest, I think he must have had some sort of breakdown during that period. I recall his marriage ending about then too.

• 2 months later...

Could he be taking over from McDowell till the end of the season.

Felix Magath has refused to rule out a role in a restructured management team at Rangers.
A three-time Bundesliga-winning coach with Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg, the German legend purchased 810,000 shares in the Ibrox club in January.
And Magath has proxied his stake to the Rangers Supporters Trust ahead of a General Meeting Thursday which is expected to sweep the current board from power.

The appointment of a new football management set-up will be a priority thereafter, with Magath touted for a technical director role at the club.
Out of work since leaving Fulham in September, the 61-year-old declined to close the door on a job at Rangers, telling Sportsmail: ‘I would not rule it out.
‘I don’t know. At the moment I am fine. I follow things at Rangers closely. We have to wait for Friday then we will see what is happening.
‘I am keeping in touch with things, for sure. I am interested in the situation at Rangers because I have bought shares, so of course I have an interest. But I’m not involved as such. I have an interest, but I am not there. I am just waiting for the result of the vote on Friday like other people.’
Caretaker boss Kenny McDowall has already tendered 12 months’ notice and admits Saturday’s trip to Cowdenbeath could be his final game in charge.
Asked if it could be his last stand, McDowall said: ‘It could very well be, but I could have said that right from the start.

‘This is probably my last game, but I have handed my notice in and have 10 months or so to do and if I need to be here for the 10 months I have said all along that’s what I will do. Whether I am in charge or coaching — if the club need me I am here.’
McDowall has warned supporters that, even if King and allies Paul Murray and John Gilligan do claim the keys to Ibrox, it could still take five years to rebuild the shattered club.
‘I think fans understand the need to be patient,’ said the former No2 to Ally McCoist, ‘because they know what has gone on here. It won’t be overnight.
‘At least five years I think, until it can be what it was. The whole infrastructure has got to be looked at. It has pretty much been decimated over the last four years.
‘This is a long-term project, it’s not going to be fixed overnight. No chance. That’s why it’s so important whoever comes in that they get it right.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz3TTGqBUYi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wouldn't be opposed to this with a young head coach in the summer and Felix sorting our infrastructure out as DOF

I wouldn't be opposed to this with a young head coach in the summer and Felix sorting our infrastructure out as DOF

I agree mate i think he will maybe give us something different and he has no ties as such with club apart from shares which he has bought himself.

If Magath comes in I guess Durie and others will still be coaches?

Also may be a stupid question but what's the difference between DoF and Technical Director?

Be good to have just about anyone to freshen us up but if he can have a say in redefining our philosophy then that's fantastic, like that he's not an ex player aswell.

Said this a few times but it's looking more likely that Magath will be in until the summer with Cathro coming in at the end of the season and Magath moving upstairs.

I'd be completely happy if this came to fruition (tu)

Magath did get some stick at Fulham, but I'd be keen to hear what he's got to offer. As for Cathro, he appears to be switched on and is undoubtebly one of the few British managers/coaches to be sucessful abroad.

It's been decimated over four years? what were you guys doing the last two years when you had a decent amount of money and fans through the gates? Signing overpaid dross not cut out to be rangers players and past it ex players