I always give Aird stick

Smile

Been like that for decades but minus the internet.n"he can't tackle, can't head the ball and uses his right foot only for standing", yes I give you James Curran Baxter. If the internet was around back then he'd have been written off after two games.

I'd love to see quite a few of the current squad under a new management regime. If they then fail to impress then 'oot the door'. I think there are a few who may surprise.

I agree the talent's there - hope it's not too late for some to produce if we get a change of management/coaching regime.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he had a reasonable game yesterday, and scored a good goal. However, he is wildly inconsistent and rarely beats a full back or puts in a good cross. The jury is very much still out as far as I'm concerned.

RM is full of folks who wanted us to start kids since div 3 - and here is a player, developing well, who has played regularly for the last 3 seasons and some of our support have already written him off.

I don't think that's true. He is an inconsistent performer, and his ability to beat a player and cross a ball is equally inconsistent. I wish the lad well, and I genuinely hope it makes it, but I have doubts about his skill and ability. But I do hope that he proves me totally wrong - I'd be a very happy man!

I've never thought the boycott was down to Aird.

Rather see a young yin starting than a ageing spl star who is seeing out his last big pay day.

Would also preferred another youngster "playing out of position", than see us with two left backs on the field.

I really think some within our support are settling for average performances and lauding them as match winning.

Aird was decent in the first half.

I would give Aird and Clark pass marks in an otherwise dross performance.

Today Livingston put far more dangerous balls into the box today than we did, the key being that they actually got them into the box. As Aird was our main protagonist in the lack of decent deliveries into the box he had a poor game in this regard but, the management have to take their share of the blame with this, in so much as we're relying on a kid to deliver telling crosses when he have a more than adequate winger sitting on the bench with the confidence draining out of him. When Templeton did come on for his usual cameo he looked more dangerous than any other player who had been on the park prior to his arrival...

He put in a shift yesterday and scored a good goal. But overall he lacked quality when he had the ball.

Best player on the Rangers team in the first half. Scored an excellent goal and if you don't believe it was intentional then view again. He was given the role of winger but was back tackling covering for his defenders at every opportunity. He consistently made himself available any time we had the ball and his tireless running was great to see given th lazy arsed performances of some of our 'super stars'. Aird is a work in progress, he's 19 and needs quality coaching to help him develop. Not the worst in our squad by a long shot.

Some of the other players in our team could do with looking to him to see the effort and passion you should put into playing, always seems up for it even if he isn't, at this stage anyway, the greatest footballer.

Needs to get more consistent with the crossing though, that seems to have been a problem with us for ages now.

I don't think that's true. He is an inconsistent performer, and his ability to beat a player and cross a ball is equally inconsistent. I wish the lad well, and I genuinely hope it makes it, but I have doubts about his skill and ability. But I do hope that he proves me totally wrong - I'd be a very happy man!

He's 19 and a winger.

Inconsistency should be expected.

I rate wee Aird. He is inconsistent, but still young and has time on his side. With his pace and determination to succeed he could well make it with us in the long term.

Fraser gives 100 percent every game and never hides.Traits our more seasoned pros would do well to emulate.

A wee bit more encouragement from the stands wouldn't go amiss either.

Ok fair enough opinion / assessment but wingers are always inconsistent ( Ffs Davie cooper only played with one foot and never tracked back :pipe: ) but stating you opinion like that is a far way from the 'he is pish' he is gash ' type of comments.

Best player on the Rangers team in the first half. Scored an excellent goal and if you don't believe it was intentional then view again. He was given the role of winger but was back tackling covering for his defenders at every opportunity. He consistently made himself available any time we had the ball and his tireless running was great to see given th lazy arsed performances of some of our 'super stars'. Aird is a work in progress, he's 19 and needs quality coaching to help him develop. Not the worst in our squad by a long shot.

I don't disagree with anything that you have said.

Thought he had a reasonable game yesterday, and scored a good goal. However, he is wildly inconsistent and rarely beats a full back or puts in a good cross. The jury is very much still out as far as I'm concerned.

Hence the reason I question playing him as a winger --- his real position may emerge under a real coach

Don't see the point of giving our own players stick .... is it just me or is just going to make them more nervous and diffident the next time the ball comes to them ....

The idea of giving young players stick is a joke as far as i am concerned...they need encouragement and support not a roasting from the stands ....

Messi and Ronaldo play in another league and probably get paid 150-200 times as much as Aird.

Don't see the point of giving our own players stick .... is it just me or is just going to make them more nervous and diffident the next time the ball comes to them ....

The idea of giving young players stick is a joke as far as i am concerned...they need encouragement and support not a roasting from the stands ....

Messi and Ronaldo play in another league and probably get paid 150-200 times as much as Aird.

M8 giving young players stick is a decades old tradition at Ibrox and from where I used to watch the game it seemed to get worse the more successful we were. Alan Hutton was a prime example got pelters from the 'experts' in the crowd yet beat the odds and became a decenter player. You need a helluva lot of self-belief to do that.

M8 giving young players stick is a decades old tradition at Ibrox and from where I used to watch the game it seemed to get worse the more successful we were. Alan Hutton was a prime example got pelters from the 'experts' in the crowd yet beat the odds and became a decenter player. You need a helluva lot of self-belief to do that.

No surprise so many end up looking for more conducive environments to develop and grow, away from the incessant pressure.

I can never make my mind up on him. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing, but he rarely beats a man. Usually cuts inside and ends up on the other wing almost. Still, he's better than Temps who drifts into the middle all the time. at least when Aird does it, he's taking the ball with him.