Darren McGregor

Carsons Dog

He is our best centre back by a mile but a ban to Smith and injury to Wallace meant Foster was moved to left back and we needed someone to play right back which just happened to be big Darren just need to make the best of it even though it meant our centre backs become a poor partnership in that team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this boy is a future Rangers captain

He should be one of the first names on the team sheet

In his proper position of course

You are dreaming mate .Have our standards fallen so low .If we get humped by beggars at end of January ,I would get guess he will be one of the reasons .He is total lightweight .IMO

You are dreaming mate .Have our standards fallen so low .If we get humped by beggars at end of January ,I would get guess he will be one of the reasons .He is total lightweight .IMO

Best centre back at the club and likes a tackle or a last ditch block. I think he's been one of the rare gems this season when he is played in position. Not saying he is a future captain or he doesn't have bad games, but the guy is what our academy should be churning out. Solid, reliable centre backs who can tackle and head a ball and don't shite a 50/50.

Best centre back at the club and likes a tackle or a last ditch block. I think he's been one of the rare gems this season when he is played in position. Not saying he is a future captain or he doesn't have bad games, but the guy is what our academy should be churning out. Solid, reliable centre backs who can tackle and head a ball and don't shite a 50/50.

fair comment .Like my centre backs bit stronger than this tbh

Plays well and doesn't chicken out of a challenge, also likes to bomb forward when necessary.

Would be much better with better players beside him instead of the 2 useless ones.

Off topic, it's good to have a discussion without the likes of albear and his muppets contributing.

Oh forgot, we're talking about players. Silly me.

Plays well and doesn't chicken out of a challenge, also likes to bomb forward when necessary.

Would be much better with better players beside him instead of the 2 useless ones.

Off topic, it's good to have a discussion without the likes of albear and his muppets contributing.

Oh forgot, we're talking about players. Silly me.

Yet you had to mention me :lol:

Highly overrated by some after some average performances. Prone to mistakes, big powerful lad but he's simply the best of a bad bunch at the back for us right now.

Squad player at best in the top league.

I remember people on here slating him when he first signed. Seems he has proven them wrong as he is one of our few players worthy of their place in the team.

Our defensive personnel should change dramatically next season with so many contracts expiring. Hope we get composed players to work beside him and negate the need to have him cover at right back so often.

I'll hold my hands up, I thought he was going to flop when we first signed him but I'd now say he's Ally's best signing. Most games I've seen he has been comfortable on the ball, whether that's at CB or at RB he's been solid.

I would love to see him at CB against the harriers.

When he came to Rangers I remember having a look on a St Mirren forum to see what they thought of him, the majority opinion was he was a decent player but would be no big loss,wonder if they have changed there mind on that now, What worries me is although he has been a good addition,you dont have to be anything special to stand out in this team. If a new manager comes in,he will not be able to improve us unless we bring in new players who cost a bit of money.