Durie & Jig first team coaches ?, Durrant demoted ?

jcb

He doesn't look focused in any training pictures...always laughing and joking it would seem..but hey that's probably just a coincidence that the camera only catches the hysterical goings on, I am sure that there really is a sincere work ethic at play.

The cameras are only there for a short spell at the very beginning of training.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"God given talent" doesn't exist. Talent comes from high quality training and an equally quality training environment.

I'm not sure that's true mate look at Davie cooper. Hardly ever turned up for training on time but was a footballing Genius.

Oh well I guess I was right when I mentioned yesterday or the day before about the possibility of Durie being promoted! Said I thought my reasons for this is to focus on more youthful players getting a chance, time will tell if this is the case as we have to wait until those out on loan finish these spells.

As to getting rid of people like Durrant, people must remember we would still need to pay him until his contract runs out, and/or until a new permanent manager is appointed and discussions take place about who they want to fill certain roles.

Not seen anything about Jig but who is to say he won't make a good coach? As other people have mentioned sometimes the average players make the better coaches.

Hopefully there will be no need to give McCulloch a coaching job just to get him out of the team. He should be out of the team anyway, andI wouldn't let him anywhere near the coaching side of things. There is nothing in the way McCulloch plays the game that would lead me to think he might have the makings of a smart, sophisticated, modern coach.

There is nothing to suggest he wouldn't make a good coach either. Jose and Wenger had nothing of note in their playing careers but both have excellent coaching methods. Jig has played in every position on the park and I personally think he's worth a shot.

And how does that indicate what his coaching ability is like?

He is straight off the production line of nepotism that is rife in our club and has destroyed the future of our club.

He's worked under SW so will come from the exact same train of thought that Ally and Durrnat have. It's like we cannot employ anyone who hasnt played with us before. Do we have anyone outside KMcD on the coaching books who hasnt played with us before?

It's like the blind leading the blind, pathetic. There will be as much 'fresh' ideas in there as there will be in a bag of shite.

SW was immense for us, a true legend. However I wouldnt rate him as a master coach, far from it. he only ever had to beat one team and by fk he knew how to do that.

however he was regularly embarrassed and outsmarted in Europe against teams with much smaller budgets but with more tactical know how. He was also a flop down south don't care what anyone says.

Guys like Ally see the results and success Walter had and think that is the only way, regardless of the class of player you have. Remember Craig Moore being shunted out at LB under SW? Mind some of the utter crap utility players who were signed and played regularly like Cleland, Wright and Boland? Players always out of position.

Well theres your blueprint. You can hear them now.."aye he's younger but its his natural position.."nah put Foster in there instead..we need experience tonight, it's freezing!!"..

I would bet my last penny he will be shit like the rest of them.

Fresh eyes..been screaming out for fresh eyes for years!!!

If in doubt, insult.

Durrant is likely being punished by the board for his loyalty to a friend.

As opposed to: if in doubt, troll?

I don't doubt that's the case, but I don't buy that the incoming albeit temp manager had no say in it either.