Durie & Jig first team coaches ?, Durrant demoted ?

jcb

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no genetic proof of natural ability.

People are born with attributes which are then moulded depending on what happens in their life. If you are born with the attributes which will make you a great football player, and you happen to try to have a career in football then you're very lucky indeed, and this is what I would say natural ability is.

I like what the board have done here.

McCoist no longer lingering in limbo.

Shake up the coaching team. New man in charge till the end of the season, at least.

This gives him some credibility in the dressing room.

No new outlay on costs.

Hopefully the new manager gets the usual improvement in performances and results.

When Ally was our manager how many coaches either first team or unders did not play or have a connection with us?

Ally getting the job WAS nepotism, pure and simple. If it was true and Ally was getting the cup games under SW then that should have been when he decided he wasn't ready.

Trust me, come Saturday, it will be the same old shit.

Sorry Dude meant to answer your other points about players out of position.

I'm not even going to go there with SAF, Guardiola and Ancelotti as they were dealing with world class players there.

Ricksen was great at CM much better there than at RB.

Novo was very effective at times at LM as was Prso.

Under SW and Ally its more a case of square pegs in round holes. Can you name a single player currently being played out of position that is doing a good job?

Cannae think o a player playing in his position who is doing a good job recently...perhaps a bit harsh on McGregor and Simonsen

Looks like Durrants close relationship with McCoist has cost him. Either that, or the board are really impressed with Durie and equally unimpressed with Durrant.

Looking forward to see how much the team may change, both in lineup and performance.

Durie got the young lads beat 6-1 by the scum so that could not have impressed them.

You are all deluded , this has been coming since GREEN said he was going - he is Mike Ashley lap dog .

I as correct about Whyte and got berated , I was correct about Green , - in both cases I said at the start , mark my words we are about to be fucked again.

A Board-directed shake up of the coaching staff following Mr McCoist's decision to take the money and sit at home to count the days until his money from Rangers runs out is an intersting move.

For what very little it is worth the move seems to me to be part designed to place pressure on those shaken up to think about whether what they are now doing is really the right thing to be doing. Put differently, putting people into jobs that they did not seek shakes the comfort zone, applies a bit more spotlight, and begs the rhetorical question in their minds about whether this is what they really signed up for. Put even more starkly - and admittedly cynically - a move designed in part to help them come to reach a decision to leave. Now we have a situation where if promotion is not obtained it could be blamed in part on McCoist, in part on an untried manager, in part on the Board for forcing a coaching reshuffle and in part on the players who just did not have the bottle for it. Everyone will be to blame (boycotting supporters too).

The move, added to the appointment of KMcD and not an external experienced replacement screams loud and clear to me that the Board is preparing for the worst this season (maybe even worse than that if financing can't be found) and is settling for a gamble that at the end of the season we might still be in play off contention and that luck might change and we win promotion via play offs. I bet DL isn't banking on that when he sharpens his cuts knife and the resuffle is just part of the manouverings to oust the old guard.

Yup, its a cynical view. But I've seen that sort of move done more than once in work situations and done with senior people too.

The board clearly want Durrant to walk away with no package by demoting and hoping he is too proud to take the step down.

Despite the failures that is a shoddy way to treat any employee at any company.

I also don't think we will see much change on the pitch. The same shit football with the same shit players. People like McCulloch, Daly and Foster are going to be selected. I thought we might get a wee lift when McCoist left but if anything I feel a bit more deflated.