Lee Wallace.

simon

Seems a bit young for it, well at this level anyway?

He should be concentrating on playing, plenty time for coaching at a top level later down the line.

I suppose age could be a factor, but the fact he is coaching already makes me think it shouldn't hold him back.

I suppose age could be a factor, but the fact he is coaching already makes me think it shouldn't hold him back.

Maybe.

I just want him to get his form back and concentrate on being the player he was 2-3 years ago.

I just think added responsibilities would hinder that, could be wrong of course.

Was he considered for a coaching role? I know he has his badges and coaches a team, surely he would have been a good choice? I didn't even know McCulloch had done any coaching.

Jig has his Pro Licence, I don't think Waldo is that far along the pathway yet. I'm sure he will get there though.

Not many amateur footballers can boast of being tutored by a Scotland internationalist with eight full caps to his name.

Yet, as Lothian and Edinburgh Amateur Football’s select side gear up for a challenge match against an East of Scotland Football League side at Ainslie Park tomorrow, they’ll be boosted by the presence of former Hearts left-back Lee Wallace on the touchline.

The Rangers defender recently joined up with the LEAFA coaching team after spending two years learning the trade with Premier 1 table-toppers Heriot Vale and, according to LEAFA manager Alan McKay, he has given everyone a boost.

“Lee is a friend of mine and has a huge part in the running of Heriot Vale,” said McKay.

“He brings a great knowledge of the game having played under a number of top coaches and managers. Of course, bringing arguably Scotland’s best left-back into the coaching team gives everyone a boost and he adds to top coaching the lads already receive from [spartans manager] Andy Enwood and [Tollcross coach] Dale McCall.”

Wallace, who completed his B Licence coaching course in the summer, was in attendance in Dundee on Monday night as the LEAFA outfit geared up for tomorrow’s match with a 4-4 draw against a North select side. He saw Jordyn Sheerin, Martin Cairney, Allan Sheriff and Pieyam Khosrowpour all score for the Lothian outfit.

One player who will be hoping to replicate his last performance at Ainslie Park is former Arbroath striker Sheerin. In LEAFA’s last home match back in November, the striker came on as a second-half sub to score all five of his side’s goals as they beat a Borders select.

Further matches against the Scottish Amateur Football League and Scotland amateur side are in the pipeline as Scotland prepare for the UEFA Regions’ Cup preliminary round, scheduled for June.

Seems as if he takes this quite seriously and maybe could actually offer the team something in s coaching capacity, although I do agree he needs to focus on getting his form back first and foremost

Wallace is quickly becoming another player we'd be looking to replace once back in the Premiership.

He looked a great player a few years ago, but, hey so did I when i played in the 3rd and 2nd division.

The last 18 months his performances have decreased to a near unacceptable level. He's became inconsistent, injury prone, slow and overweight.

Sitting with all us getting bevvied along with Boyd at Talbot games doesn't help.

So concerned by it all I mentioned it to Jim Stewart last time we spoke and he knew exactly where I was coming from.

Is Jig actually going to be part of the coaching team though? I've still not seen anything to suggest he is going to be, only the rumours on here.

post-63019-0-94280700-1419362097_thumb.j

RANGERS can confirm that caretaker manager Kenny McDowall will be assisted by Gordon Durie and club captain Lee McCulloch for first team coaching duties. The Club confirmed on Sunday evening that McDowall would be taking over management of the first team as caretaker until the end of the season. During his playing career McDowall played for Partick Thistle and St. Mirren, featuring in the 1987 Scottish Cup final as St. Mirren defeated Dundee United 1-0. Boyhood Gers fan McDowall joined Rangers in 2007 as first team coach under Walter Smith and latterly moved to become assistant manager when Ally McCoist was appointed as manager in 2011. McDowall has coached previously at St Mirren as assistant to Jimmy Bone and Celtic as manager of the reserve and youth teams before joining the Light Blues. He has been an integral part in successes at Rangers such as the run to the UEFA Cup Final and winning SPL and SPFL Third Division and League One titles. Gordon Durie, who will take up a role as his assistant, returned to the club in July last year to work with the reserve and under-20 players, leading the youth players to a very successful campaign, just losing out on the League in the last week of the season and winning the Youth Cup after a dramatic penalty shoot-out against Hearts. The 49-year-old spent almost seven years with the Light Blues between 1993 and 2000, scoring 58 times in 171 appearances. Durie had moved into coaching with East Fife and was appointed as assistant manager there in 2010 before taking charge himself in 2012 Indeed, Durie was on the touchline at Ibrox in August 2012 as the New Bayview outfit was beaten 4-0 by Gers in the first round of the League Cup. Joining Durie with first team duties is club captain Lee McCulloch who has recently successfully completed his coaching badges. McCulloch will take on the role of player coach along with his duties as an active member of the squad. Ian Durrant will also take up new responsibilities at the club, moving to become manager of the under-20 and reserve sides. Durrant has previously been under-19 and latterly reserve team manager at the club after re-joining the club in 2005 after a period coaching at Kilmarnock.