Kit Man

Murtaugh

I think people seriously underestimate how difficult a job the kitman has, every day he is charged with having about 50+ kits to organise for all training as well as replacements throughout the day - on a match day he's obviously charged with making sure everyone has their kit, a replacement kit and probably a third top handy (long/short sleeved one)

he'll not be responsible for actually cleaning them, the club will no doubt deal with a company who'll do that.

Most clubs kitmen are guys who live and breath the football club and are also usually tasked with giving new players an insight into the expectations of the football club, what it stands for etc...

I wouldn't say its a part time job, thats a very naive way of looking at it in my opinion, he'll be there first thing in the morning and probably one of thr last ones to leave as the kits are probably laid out the night before so they're ready for the players coming in on the morning.

no doubt he'd have people doing this for him but I'd say he'll still have his hands full for a good 50 hours a week

I'd say £100k per year for an organisation the size of Rangers Football club would be about right.

I am just not getting the sarcasm from your post.

At the very most his role should be £40k, and even then that mat be high, an assistant should be £25k.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people seriously underestimate how difficult a job the kitman has, every day he is charged with having about 50+ kits to organise for all training as well as replacements throughout the day - on a match day he's obviously charged with making sure everyone has their kit, a replacement kit and probably a third top handy (long/short sleeved one)

Work is meant to be work, not a walk in the park. I'd be surprised if what you've described is any more difficult than the jobs anyone else on here does. There's few jobs that pay anywhere near this (probably bullshit) salary and so many of the are that much harder than remembering that the boots that say Ian Black on the tongue belong to Ian Black

A lot of very very rough calculations going on.

Not saying the £120k salary is justified but his role would also include all the youth teams, management, training kits, supplier management etc.

Still massively overpaid but it's not just about looking after 16 guys on a Saturday.

----------

What about the company car?

Why is he in the dugout?

----------

What about the company car?

Why is he in the dugout?

-----------

Hard to justify either, especially the dugout part. Saying that I done some trawling around the net and spotted quite a few occasions where the kitman of other clubs was hanging around like a bad smell.

Then again I ain't seen it too closely to see if they attempt to relay messages to players in the same way Bell does!

One of McCoist's main issues was the lack of a scouting network. He had to bring in known quantities (Law, Black, Templeton etc). The £180k would have paid for 3-5 ex-pros to scour the reserve/development/youth leagues, taking in 5 or so games a week; plus report writing.

Instead we got clean kits.

Why the hell did they give the kit man his own office?

He should have an office at Auchenhowie. Its standard for a Kit Manager. He will have an amount of paperwork to do, if he's doing the job properly. Some Kit Managers are in the dugout but just to make sure there is spare kit on hand if needed. No need for an office at Ibrox though.

Vastly overpaid, if the sum quoted is correct. Maximum of half the figure quoted but a third probably closer.

He should have an office at Auchenhowie. Its standard for a Kit Manager. He will have an amount of paperwork to do, if he's doing the job properly. Some Kit Managers are in the dugout but just to make sure there is spare kit on hand if needed. No need for an office at Ibrox though.

Vastly overpaid, if the sum quoted is correct. Maximum of half the figure quoted but a third probably closer.

There are lots of wee side rooms at Ibrox. Falkirks kitman has his own office at Westfield