*****the Official Alloa V Rangers Thread*****

That's what got us in this situation

The writing was on the wall but everyone didn't want to see it

Now we are paying the price and becoming a laughing stock

Yeah , tend to agree with you.

People were happy with the result , ignoring the quality of the performance without any consideration with how we would deal with team of a higher calibre. As you say , the writing was on the wall.

Ibrox_Nights likes this
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say it's been proven beyond doubt we won't win each week playing as we do though, certainly not in a league like this that has a few full time teams in it anyway. Of course I could end up looking

That's like saying a sad wank is the same as pumping a beautiful woman, after all the end result is just the same.

A new manager in would have to weigh up the squad. McDowall knows the squad, so should easily be able to make changes. But I can't get past the basic fact of repeatedly playing underperformers does no

Well, before today, we hadn't beaten Alloa in three attempts this season . I'll take the same performance again next week, if it gets us the win.

Maybe things will change if we get a new manager in place, but for the time being, we just have to keep winning ugly with what we have.

So now we have to be satisfied that Rangers have beaten Alloa Athletic for the first time in four matches?

We've been playing 'ugly' for the best part of four years and it's set us back years as a football club, and it's not as if we've even gained a winning mentality from it what with the multiple cup and league failures. We've been here before with people saying the three points are all that matters yet in no time at all the same kind of performance results in another humiliation.

If we as supporters just accept a game like today we're part of the problem.

JCDBigBear and Ibrox_Nights like this

we haven't beat them so far this season and this game had all the hallmarks of the little excuses players come up with:

its not grass

its windy

its snowing

theres boardroom turmoil

Theres no atmosphere at these wee grounds

the all you can eat buffet was shite at training yesterday

so I'll take it and move on to Friday

Good result by Falkirk which helps...we need to beat Hearts to send a message and keep out in front of Hibs, nae chance of catching

Hearts though. Also some positives in that he kept Hutton in.

Anyone but Ally sounds rather foolish now eh?

How about anyone but Ally, when we have money to afford some young, modern, fitness and technical based coach who uses youth players, knows the scouting market inside out, doesn't drink tea, wears a suit, has a sculpted physique, doesn't speak unless spoken to and then only says no comment; unless we want him to say something then say exactly what we want him to say, cheap, plays from the back and fines players for playing the ball in the air, despises karaoke, has a 5 year plan and a 1 year contract, not friends with any Rangers men and ideally protestant.

Would have been more accurate of your feelings. (tu)

When some said anyone but Ally we assumed it included his comedy act, silly us.

So now we have to be satisfied that Rangers have beaten Alloa Athletic for the first time in four matches?

We've been playing 'ugly' for the best part of four years and it's set us back years as a football club, and it's not as if we've even gained a winning mentality from it what with the multiple cup and league failures. We've been here before with people saying the three points are all that matters yet in no time at all the same kind of performance results in another humiliation.

We should be well into our stride and battling out a title challenge with hearts, and on course for a strong return to the SPL

But we are terrible and now will need an entire new team in the summer.

All because of Mr McCoist.

For the majority of the first half today Rangers played like a team with passion and had some fight about them. They had Alloa on the back foot and forced them to make mistakes, which ultimately led to the goal.

What I don't understand is why the second half was so different. Rangers reverted to defending and inviting the pressure from Alloa. If Alloa had taken some of the chances they created it would have been a different story.

The conditions today were far from ideal so I'll accept it on that basis. A similar performance against Hearts will see a score line not to far from that at Easter Road in December.

Entertaining and pretty doesn't necessarily have to mean the same thing, and we've never been playing in the lower leagues before in our history anyway.

I assumed you were talking about the style of play. Depends on your definition of entertaining I suppose.

For me, winning is entertaining.

Personally I've been bored to tears watching Rangers most of the time since McCoist took over, including many games that we've won.You're easier pleased clearly though.

I'm not saying it is entertaining football, you said it would be nice. But, not 'pretty' football so I was wondering what you want as entertaining then. For me, be all and end all is Rangers winning. If that makes me part of the problem, fine, it's how I was brought up and I can't change that attitude now.

In my life we have never really been a 'pretty, exciting' team to watch besides a couple seasons. Winning 9 IAR we were determined more than artistic most of the time. Going from stories from my dad and uncle it's been along a similar vein since their days. I'm not sure why you'd expect a complete transformation after one summer, or 3 years of lower league football. However we have had games where we've been awesome, fuckin rare aye but they happened.

I'm a hell of a lot more satisfied now than I was at 3 o'clock.

I'm just as disappointed/frustrated with the performance of the team on the park, owing in no small part to Ally's shortcomings as a manager, but we need a platform to build from. There's no point in setting the team out to try and play entertaining football and then dropping more points. With a stretch of good results, the overall performance of the team might improve (doubtful), but we've got to win first.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that today was our first away win in five games, stretching back to the beginning of November.

I'm not saying it is entertaining football, you said it would be nice. But, not 'pretty' football so I was wondering what you want as entertaining then. For me, be all and end all is Rangers winning. If that makes me part of the problem, fine, it's how I was brought up and I can't change that attitude now.

In my life we have never really been a 'pretty, exciting' team to watch besides a couple seasons. Winning 9 IAR we were determined more than artistic most of the time. Going from stories from my dad and uncle it's been along a similar vein since their days. I'm not sure why you'd expect a complete transformation after one summer, or 3 years of lower league football. However we have had games where we've been awesome, fuckin rare aye but they happened.

I think you're being too simplistic, just because we generally haven't played stereotypical tika taka football doesn't mean we've always been as bad as this.

I never felt as bad watching us under Walter Smith as I do now for one.

I'm a hell of a lot more satisfied now than I was at 3 o'clock.

I'm just as disappointed/frustrated with the performance of the team on the park, owing in no small part to Ally's shortcomings as a manager, but we need a platform to build from. There's no point in setting the team out to try and play entertaining football and then dropping more points. With a stretch of good results, the overall performance of the team might improve (doubtful), but we've got to win first.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that today was our first away win in five games, stretching back to the beginning of November.

As I said we've been here before where we get back to winning ways with scrappy performances and it's gotten us absolutely nowhere in the long run, it'll be exactly the same again.

We aren't going to catch Hearts and 2nd, 3rd or 4th means the play-offs so I don't see why someone can't try and make changes to our style, our training etc in preparation for trying to win the play-offs. But sadly McDowall just seems to want to carry on with McCoist's work.

I think you're being too simplistic, just because we generally haven't played stereotypical tika taka football doesn't mean we've always been as bad as this.I never felt as bad watching us under Walter Smith as I do now for one.

I never said it's always been this bad, this is the worst I've experienced in 29 years.

We have issues all over the park. A GK with no authority, a defense that can't organise themselves, a midfield that constantly goes missing, strikers who struggle to put away chances. We complain about long balls but the players never show for the ball to play that nice one touch keep ball football. We have a severe lack of confidence running throughout the squad. A big part of that, IMO, is that most of these players haven't experienced the type of pressure that is part and parcel of being a Rangers player, no matter the opposition.

Despite all that if we can rack up wins each week I'll be satisfied. We have to get out of this league, that is more important than everything else.

I never said it's always been this bad, this is the worst I've experienced in 29 years.

We have issues all over the park. A GK with no authority, a defends that can't organise themselves, a midfield that constantly goes missing, strikers who struggle to put away chances. We complain about long balls but the players never show for the ball to play that nice one touch keep ball football. We have a severe lack of confidence running throughout the squad. A big part of that is that most of these players haven t experienced the type of pressure that is part and parcel of being a Rangers player.

Despite all that if we can rack up wins each week I'll be satisfied. We have to get out of this league, that is more important than everything else.

I'd say it's been proven beyond doubt we won't win each week playing as we do though, certainly not in a league like this that has a few full time teams in it anyway. Of course I could end up looking completely stupid and we'll win every game now until the end of the season but it's doubtful. You can surely accept my point that we've had a few small runs of wins this season not playing the best but we've ended up suffering more dreadful results not long after? We can't just keep going through the same cycle, someone needs to at least try and make big changes.

Way I see it is Hearts are gone, 2nd amounts to the same thing as 3rd and 4th so I'd like to see us make progress in our footballing set-up in order to prepare for the play-offs rather than attempt to scrape a few wins together only to end up humiliated again soon. I was happy to give McDowall a chance to attempt his own ideas but he seems to literally be changing nothing.

Aye I see your point. We have been poor at consolidating winning runs this season.

As far as I'm concerned if we don't finish 1ST then 2nd is imperative. It won't make a difference as 4th gets a play off too but that's just my opinion.

As for giving McDowall a chance...I'd prefer people be honest and say they wanted him gone with McCoist rather than say they gave him a chance. He's had 3 games, it was obviously naive to have expected wholesale changes but as has always been the case, despite frenzied supposition, we have no idea what he's implementing behind the scenes.

It's obvious we need change. We are stagnating, but it's not a massive surprise when you examine the utter shambles our club is, and has been for 3 years.