*****the Official Alloa V Rangers Thread*****

Being happy with the wins is just sticking your head in the sand. We win ugly against teams we have more than 10x the resources and a lot of part timers. When we come against teams that are not too far behind us in resources we get played off the park. Winning against the minnows is just hiding all the problems - most of us see this. We need to prepare for the playoffs, which means beating teams like Hivs who have played us off the park 3 times. Continuing with the same formula is just madness and we will not get promotion. McDowall has very clearly showed he has no new ideas and cannot get us ready for the playoffs.

As I said we've been here before where we get back to winning ways with scrappy performances and it's gotten us absolutely nowhere in the long run, it'll be exactly the same again.

We aren't going to catch Hearts and 2nd, 3rd or 4th means the play-offs so I don't see why someone can't try and make changes to our style, our training etc in preparation for trying to win the play-offs. But sadly McDowall just seems to want to carry on with McCoist's work.

I'd like to see Kenny try and integrate some of the young players into the squad. He only seems to have dropped Black so far, but it's far easier to introduce the younger players into a settled team, and I certainly wouldn't throw them into the game against Hearts on Friday night.

Being happy with the wins is just sticking your head in the sand. We win ugly against teams we have more than 10x the resources and a lot of part timers. When we come against teams that are not too far behind us in resources we get played off the park. Winning against the minnows is just hiding all the problems - most of us see this. We need to prepare for the playoffs, which means beating teams like Hivs who have played us off the park 3 times. Continuing with the same formula is just madness and we will not get promotion. McDowall has very clearly showed he has no new ideas and cannot get us ready for the playoffs.

In 3 games?

How long would you give any manager who didn't make wholesale changes to the starting line up?

I dread that defence against the scum,the back 4 is one of the worst ive ever seen ,McCulloch and mcgregor are horrendous

We know how bad jig is,but mcgregor is the new moshni thinks he's better than he is,his failure to pick up the Alloa forward was

Shocking in the first 5 mins,then his short pass back,could have cost us 2 goals ,smith and foster are a liability,could be 6 or 7

Against them,on the plus side Hutton had another decent game,and law chipped in with another goal,

I assumed you were talking about the style of play. Depends on your definition of entertaining I suppose.

For me, winning is entertaining.

That's like saying a sad wank is the same as pumping a beautiful woman, after all the end result is just the same.

Hearts will steamroll us if we play like that.

It was a win today but could so easily have been a draw. Theres no excuse, we are a full time team with international players and all we're managing is a 1-0 win against part timers. The players shouldn't be happy with their performance and if they come out with pish like "glad of the win" then they need to take a long hard look at themselves as full time professionals.

A new manager in would have to weigh up the squad. McDowall knows the squad, so should easily be able to make changes. But I can't get past the basic fact of repeatedly playing underperformers does not help the team or motivate those who never get a chance.

So now we have to be satisfied that Rangers have beaten Alloa Athletic for the first time in four matches?

We've been playing 'ugly' for the best part of four years and it's set us back years as a football club, and it's not as if we've even gained a winning mentality from it what with the multiple cup and league failures. We've been here before with people saying the three points are all that matters yet in no time at all the same kind of performance results in another humiliation.

If we as supporters just accept a game like today we're part of the problem.

On nail head.

Hearts will steamroll us if we play like that.

It was a win today but could so easily have been a draw. Theres no excuse, we are a full time team with international players and all we're managing is a 1-0 win against part timers. The players shouldn't be happy with their performance and if they come out with pish like "glad of the win" then they need to take a long hard look at themselves as full time professionals.

How many of those playing for us today are international players? I'd rather play shite and win than play like Real Madrid and draw or get beat.

I dread that defence against the scum,the back 4 is one of the worst ive ever seen ,McCulloch and mcgregor are horrendous

We know how bad jig is,but mcgregor is the new moshni thinks he's better than he is,his failure to pick up the Alloa forward was

Shocking in the first 5 mins,then his short pass back,could have cost us 2 goals ,smith and foster are a liability,could be 6 or 7

Against them,on the plus side Hutton had another decent game,and law chipped in with another goal,

If that side take the field against scum it will be six or seven and if that happens I will never forgive McDowall or Ally for these disgraceful players

Aye I see your point. We have been poor at consolidating winning runs this season.

As far as I'm concerned if we don't finish 1ST then 2nd is imperative. It won't make a difference as 4th gets a play off too but that's just my opinion.

As for giving McDowall a chance...I'd prefer people be honest and say they wanted him gone with McCoist rather than say they gave him a chance. He's had 3 games, it was obviously naive to have expected wholesale changes but as has always been the case, despite frenzied supposition, we have no idea what he's implementing behind the scenes.

It's obvious we need change. We are stagnating, but it's not a massive surprise when you examine the utter shambles our club is, and has been for 3 years.

We have to disagree there, failing to finish top of Scotland's second tier is an ultimate humiliation, I certainly won't feel any more pride at finishing 2nd than 3rd or 4th.

Yes I wanted McDowall gone as well because I think we need change from top to bottom and he's been part of the problem, but when he was given the role I didn't want to automatically rule out the possibility he may have a his own ideas and be determined to make a success of being a manager in his own right. It might only be three games but come on, he's even been making the same substitutions at the same sort of times, dropping Black is the only noticeable change and that's because Black was a wank. Even his interviews have made it pretty obvious to everyone he'd rather not be here.

You're right about the club being a mess overall and the failure of those in charge of our footballing side has played a massive part in that

We have to disagree there, failing to finish top of Scotland's second tier is an ultimate humiliation, I certainly won't feel any more pride at finishing 2nd than 3rd or 4th.

Yes I wanted McDowall gone as well because I think we need change from top to bottom and he's been part of the problem, but when he was given the role I didn't want to automatically rule out the possibility he may have a his own ideas and be determined to make a success of being a manager in his own right. It might only be three games but come on, he's even been making the same substitutions at the same sort of times, dropping Black is the only noticeable change and that's because Black was a wank. Even his interviews have made it pretty obvious to everyone he'd rather not be here.

You're right about the club being a mess overall and the failure of those in charge of our footballing side has played a massive part in that

50/50?

We are completely ,and utterly brutal as a Football Club.

The whole of our present first Team except maybe two need to leave now, and have to be replaced by Perhaps some lower English league players from the 2nd Or lowers divisions.

That's how bad they are now.

And our whole TraiBing and Coaching / Scouting set up needs ripped apart as a priority now.

If this is delayed any longer we won't even reach the Play offs, bit if we do we won't be successful with this lot.

Also our fans won't turn up either.

What would he have said then?

Bringing Bill Struth's comments into today's scenario is nonsense. The team is a shambles and it is due to McCoist and now McDowall. It is clear that McDowall doesn't want the job and hasn't the mettle to do anything on his own. Pointless of me to reiterate what everyone bar a few think.