Ched Evans

Regardless, if he wins his appeal, the situation surrounding the incident was still an example of a footballer with a lot of money in his pocket behaving like a boorish lout on a "night out with the lads".

He's not the kind of player I'd ever want at Rangers.

He's not a true warrior player.

So you don't want about 99% of footballers at Rangers then :lol:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless, even if he wins his appeal, the situation surrounding the incident was still an example of a footballer with a lot of money in his pocket behaving like a boorish lout on a "night out with the lads".

He's not the kind of player I'd ever want at Rangers.

He's not a true warrior player or a reliable professional.

What appeal ?

If we signed him we wouldn't need to worry about sponsors leaving or boycotts by fans.

More than meets the eye with his conviction I think, we nearly had our own rapey player when macgregor was accused and we nearly signed rapey goodwillie.

He's done his time and there is nothing illegal in signing him. However, we have enough problems just now without adding to them. He'll probably end up abroad.

Not quite - he has served the prison part of his sentence but he is out on licence for the next 2 1/2 years. Even after that the sentenced will not be spent. If he had shown some remorse and waited until his case review had been determined I would have had more sympathy for his cause. As for signing him? No thanks.

Not quite - he has served the prison part of his sentence but he is out on licence for the next 2 1/2 years. Even after that the sentenced will not be spent. If he had shown some remorse and waited until his case review had been determined I would have had more sympathy for his cause. As for signing him? No thanks.

Yes, but it is not breaking the law to sign him.

I hope Evans finds a new club, I've read a fair bit about the case and don't believe he should have been found guilty or gone to jail.

that been said, even if he had been found 'not guilty' I still wouldn't want him here. Even though I don't believe what he did to be illegal, the guy is trash. He showed up to that hotel because his mate had pulled. He went there to get in on the action, lied his way into the room convincing the porter to give him a key card - brought 2 of his mates to film it through a window, then snuck away out the fire exit like a rat afterwards.

Rangers is more than just a football club, I expect a certain standard - I expect our players to be of a certain standing. I hate seeing cunts like Ian Black dawn our Jersey, I certainly wouldn't like to see Ched Evans in one either.

I hope Evans finds a new club, I've read a fair bit about the case and don't believe he should have been found guilty or gone to jail.

that been said, even if he had been found 'not guilty' I still wouldn't want him here. Even though I don't believe what he did to be illegal, the guy is trash. He showed up to that hotel because his mate had pulled. He went there to get in on the action, lied his way into the room convincing the porter to give him a key card - brought 2 of his mates to film it through a window, then snuck away out the fire exit like a rat afterwards.

Rangers is more than just a football club, I expect a certain standard - I expect our players to be of a certain standing. I hate seeing cunts like Ian Black dawn our Jersey, I certainly wouldn't like to see Ched Evans in one either.

You have pretty much summed it up how i feel

While I believe anyone that has done their time deserves a chance to go on with their life, I would not sign a convicted rapist for The Rangers. It seems strange that while I believe in second chances... there needs to be a line drawn where kids might start looking at this guy as a hero if performs well.

A strange one indeed. But who's to say he doesn;t start a music career (or other) and get idolized as well. I'll just stick with.. we don't sign convicted rapists. Just like you can't get various jobs if you have a police record etc.

What would be a tragedy (for him if it comes too late) is that if his appeal is successful. Let's keep in mind that there have been plenty of allegations against Football players in the past that turned out to be false.

No one wins in these cases.

Once you have served your time that should be that, unfortunately we live in a P.C culture that clearly has no room for forgivenes. Still after all we have been through it would be insanity to sign the guy, the media has enough dirt to smear us with as it is.

He can fuck right off, if it was the daughter of any of the ones saying he deserves a chance to play again, would they be so lenient.

If it were my daughter or sister I would brick the cunt's face, then drive him into the woods break his arms and legs, and six weeks after, when the casts came off I would do it all over again.

He can fuck right off, if it was the daughter of any of the ones saying he deserves a chance to play again, would they be so lenient.

If it were my daughter or sister I would brick the cunt's face, then drive him into the woods break his arms and legs, and six weeks after, when the casts came off I would do it all over again.

Your right but that is why the Law/Justice has to be impartial.

I'd maybe suggest your violent tendencies could be linked to your bad parenting, which is why your daughter would be getting smashed on drink, shots, weed and cocaine and willingly going back to premier inns for 1 night stands and pishing the bed.

For which you would be jailed, of course nobody would give you a job when you got out because you were a criminal. That would lead to most probably a life on benefits or further criminal activity, since you'd need to feed the drug habit you developed when inside ;)

If he wants to work then do so, but not in a public arena, he should be on the sex offenders registered, so could be deemed to be at risk of re offending, depending on the schedule of offence. But it would send out the wrong image. Plus why should he get paid more than say you or I. When we have never done what he has. And he ain't actually served his time till his licence is finished, be a labourer or something.

Maybe he's more skilled at his chosen profession than you or I and therefor his job merits a higher wage