Road To Manchester

Mor3los_1

The Kings of Lyon :thumbup:

That game was mental,watched in my mates house and was mortal at half time,FT and I was in absolute hysteric laughter,"3-0 3-0 3-0 We've fucking beat Lyon 3-0" Can't quite remember the exact statistic but were we not the first team to win at the Stade Gerland in 4 or 5 years? They had a cracking team back then.

And I don't think I'll ever see a penalty shootout like that again in my lifetime, :praise: Nacho Novo :praise:

High spot for me was right after Nacho's penalty, ordinarily I'd have been jumping up and down on a high for ages (like I did on heliopter sunday), but I was so mentally exhausted from kicking every ball, and hoping and hoping we would eventually get through I just laid on my back on the floor, virtually motionless and just savoured the moment for about 20 minutes before getting up.

Almost started crying again when wee Nacho puts that pen away.

I actually started welling up when Novo scored. Fuck, I even started hugging the family and I don't particularly like all of them! :) Probably the one and only time I've cried due to being happy. Normally I am shouting, dancing, cheering, and all boisterous but the whole journey was just such a rollercoaster of David and Goliath proportions, but was also so mentally tiring, in a good way this time. I was knackered after penalties just watching! It's crazy how we managed to get to the final with such a limited squad beating some really top teams.

Cuellar was on a different level in Florence :praise:

Can still remember sitting watching those penalties on the couch through my fingers clear as day despite it being almost 7 years ago now. Then feeling utter elation that we had actually done it.

I really hope I can get to experience that kind of feeling as a Rangers fan again!

Great commentary from the fiorentina game.

"Manchester might not be big enough"

He was spot on with that comment

Excellent comment right up there with Zenit fans doing the bouncy followed by a massive bouncy from the Bears and the commentator saying "how dare they take us on".

He was right about the battle for tickets. Novo's penalty had hardly touched the back of the net and I was on the blower to friends across 3 continents - it worked :D

Had the same feeling going to the match as I had in Barca '72 and was sure we were gong to win, but alas.