***the Official Rangers V Hertz Thread***

MacBoyd

Credit where it's due, McDowall dropped him. He deserved at least that IMO.

You throw a dice when Ian plays.

I was surprised he did drop him, and I think we were the better for it.

Like with Mohsni, there may well be potential, but they're inconsistent, and my heart can't take the stress.

I was surprised he did drop him, and I think we were the better for it.

Like with Mohsni, there may well be potential, but they're inconsistent, and my heart can't take the stress.

True. We need the steeled determination of teams past. Rangers are steeped in history (54 ya cn*s).

We show the way. Lesser teams are welcome to follow.

The problem between the two sides, and it's also been apparent in the three Edinburgh derbies aswell is when Hearts don't play well they're defence is still relatively reliable and they also have in the likes of Walker, Nicholson, Holt, Zeefuik (albeit he's only played once), Sow and Keatings, players who when given a chance can either take advantage of bad defending or take a half chance when it falls their way.

On the otherhand our defence is everything but reliable. It's the root of all our problems and has been since the third division.

Simonsen is rubbish, no confidence in him and you can see it in the players aswell.

Foster is postionally all over the place and his distribution when he's on the ball is eratic. McGregor is shot of confidence, McCulloch is rash and also postionally all over the place and Wallace is half the player he was 18 months ago.

When there's zero confidence in our defence it effects the rest of the team, we sit deeper to provide them extra protection. The midfielders take less risks due to naturally not wanting to lose the ball incase it leaves the defence exposed and all that leaves a massive gap between midfield and attack which leaves our strikers isolated.

We need to be at the very top of our game and Hearts to have their worst performance of the season for us to get a result and even then I don't have much confidence in us taking advantage of it.

In view of the fact the team is garbage and McDowall is merely continuing what his pal done i see no other outcome than another defeat.

What he should be doing though is going 4-5-1 with a view to the upcoming bheasts game. We simply don't have the players to take the game to better teams as has been proven time and again against Hearts and Hibs.

Aird is a waste of a jersey and i would much rather see him use Gallagher instead. The fact he cannot make the squad though means there won't be many changes if any on Friday.

We need a more solid defence and midfield for this game and the bheasts.

Too little to late as far as I'm concerned, 10 points isn't a defecit we can turn around, we've been shaky against pretty much every team we've played and been utterly spanked by the other decent outfit in the league in Hibs.

I think we can win, put the pressure on them a little, but it'll take a massive capitulation from Hearts if we close the gap. Their form has shown us what level we need to be at and we simply aren't capable.

2-1 Rangers, a shaky game, long balls, no possession or movement but a classy finish from Law after a scramble in the box will hopefully see us through.

I really don't have a clue how we'll get on against hertz, save to say that I'm not full of confidence. How are we, who struggled again at the weekend meant to be the first team to defeat the heartz roller coaster?

Since this site has been tarted up, I now can't post via IE. I'm in the library today using Firefox, so we'll see if that works.