Davie Cooper 20Th Anniversary

blupac

It will be 20 years since Davie Cooper passed away and was wondering if the Rangers support will be planning anything to mark his passing. I made a video in 2013 dedicated to Coop but I may make a new video for the 20th anniversary. Give me your thoughts on this and whether you know the club have anything planned.

Here is a link for my previous tribute.

Loved the guy I had the pleasure of training with him when I was 14 when I was at Motherwell he used to coach us on a wed night and I was in awe of him even tho he only said a few words to me it was like wow Davie cooper spoke to me ?..then he died a few weeks later totally gutted when my p.e teacher came and told me..hope the club does do something but with that board I doubt they would wven entertain it

Effortlessly sublime. Loved the guy, and he was a hero of mine growing up.

I was in the main stand the game he struck THAT free kick past Leighton. Would have sworn it was a rocket he set off.

A legend. Unfortunately the likes of a man that my young lads will not have the chance to hero worship.

Davie, oh Davie Cooper.....

Effortlessly sublime. Loved the guy, and he was a hero of mine growing up.

I was in the main stand the game he struck THAT free kick past Leighton. Would have sworn it was a rocket he set off.

A legend. Unfortunately the likes of a man that my young lads will not have the chance to hero worship.

Davie, oh Davie Cooper.....

Leighton claimed to nearly get a hand to it, Davie replied, dryly, "aye, on the way oot"

Loved the guy, as Tannerall said there was something almost casual about his genius.

Love that shot after he scores the penalty in the Skol cup and McCoist lifts him up, punching the air, with the fans celebrating in the background.

That picture is always memorable for me & my bro as we are celebrating in that shot right behind Davie when Ally lifts him up . Great times !!

"Well, I promised you drama just a couple minutes ago and you've got it. A wonderful bit of play by Rangers. They've totally skinned the Celtic defence and left them looking as if they had lead in their boots rather than studs. Cooper just rifled that past Pat Bonner! Absolutely no chance! His defence were folded up like a piece of cardboard. Carved apart by Rangers and a marvellous goal by Davie Cooper." - 9th November, 1985 (Rangers 3 Celtic 0)

"Well, I promised you drama just a couple minutes ago and you've got it. A wonderful bit of play by Rangers. They've totally skinned the Celtic defence and left them looking as if they had lead in their boots rather than studs. Cooper just rifled that past Pat Bonner! Absolutely no chance! His defence were folded up like a piece of cardboard. Carved apart by Rangers and a marvellous goal by Davie Cooper." - 9th November, 1985 (Rangers 3 Celtic 0)

Who said that?

http://youtu.be/hJdAPyukA4c

Fortunate to have seen him so much on the pitch and spent time with him elsewhere.

What I remember most though is going to game one night with the Uncle. He was one of the furthest traveled fans I ever knew.

Anyway, we were getting a lift to Ibrox in a blokes mini van. This old bloke was another one of the Rangers Supreme fans. He was a bloody Encyclopedia on Rangers with Thousands of games going way back to Caldow etc. When he spoke about Rangers.....you listened.

Walking to the Stadium the 3 of us in anticipation, he said to me " Well young man, you are in for a treat tonight, because I reckon that we have just signed a guy who could turn out to be Rangers best outside left since Davie Wilson". By God he was right and Wilson was a bloody Legend, so I found it hard to believe when he said it.

The actual match escapes me. Coopers first game at Ibrox.......it may even have been a Cup game.

Had fortune to meet him few times as young lad, goal getters in clydebank, also my grandad took mentoring clydebank games when we were away from ibrox, knew someone on the door so met coop in lounge a few times.

Real gentleman.

Can't believe 10 years since "cooper final"