Rangers Sign Five Newcastle Players On Loan.

PromDeAnglais

So we are to refuse the only team who is likely to supply us with loan players because we received a loan from a company owned by the owner of Newcastle!

Is that what people are saying?

Unless it happens we end up paying an unusually high percentage of their wages then I really can't see what the problem is, Somers as much as he's a prick is doing what he suggested would be done with the money. Albeit loan deals rather than actual signings. However if these players turn out to be the difference between promotion or another year in the championship then they'll be well worth it. Also we couldn't possibly sign players with our managerial position.

This.

Just over 8 hours to go, surely these players would need to be in Glasgow soooooooon if this is going to happen. :unsure:

According to an agent on SSN loans can be done in an hour and doesn't always require a medical and the player doesn't have to be at the club he's going to sign for

If this is true then why have they left it until the very last minute possible? We've had vital games against Hearts & Celtic, games which we could have been doing with a stronger squad.

I'm skeptical until anything happens as well mate.

that was a question and not a reply and your conclusion is far off the mark after 60 odd years why should I stop supporting Rangers. Why in your book is it inconceivable one cannot support Rangers and anyone who is will to rid us of the Fat Slug Ashley who is now feeding of our Carcuss

If you supported Rangers first and foremost you would be happy at tthe prospect of some fresh faces

If you supported Rangers first and foremost you would be happy at tthe prospect of some fresh faces

Devil's advocate...we were all happy enough for all the fresh faces in the Murray era, none of us cared how we financed them. I don't think it's unreasonable to want information about what portion of their wages we will be paying.

We desperately need some quality but without the team coached and set up properly it won't add much.

Also, while i'm happy if good players come, who scouted these players? They seem to be essentially forced on us, making them essentially mercenaries. Why not just get some of the younger hungry players in, before we sell any more of them to teams like Brentford :(

-Standard loans: are available until the next transfer window or effectively until the end of the season. Clubs can have a maximum of four players on loan, three of whom must be under 21. Clubs can have two players on loan from the same club as long as that club is in a different division. However clubs can only take one player on loan at any time from a club in the same division.

http://pfascotland.co.uk/2014/news/transfer-window-information-for-players/

Unless the rules have changed for 2015, no team can loan 4 players from one team. Max of 2 from a team in another league.