is sebo worth persevering with?

Guest Andypendek

Guest orangpendek

we all know players are moving out and sebo is usually mentioned as one of those. i know he looks like an ox with a broken leg but there's something there, maybe it's simply the appetite he showed at parkhead and actually i thought he did well at ibrox against them too. i admit he has been a failure but is he worth trying again with, for one more season?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only people who can answer that are WS and Ally, they see him in training, his heart is in the right place and he could probably run through a brick wall, I would give him the first half of the season and actually give him a few starts.

If he performs then we're all happy,if he doesn't we'll whinge and whine that he wasn't shipped out as soon as possible.

I dunno what to think about him.

He's never really had a great run of starts so it's not fair to judge him on that. Yeah he has only scored something like 2 goals in 24 games but how many of those games have actually been starts?

Like most have said his head and heart is in the right place and bar scoring, he has all the attributes that you look for in a striker: Pace, Power, Will To Win, Directness, with some fine tuning from a top striking coach (such as Ally) he could become a very good striker, unfortubnately I don't think it will happen at Ibrox.

we all know players are moving out and sebo is usually mentioned as one of those. i know he looks like an ox with a broken leg but there's something there, maybe it's simply the appetite he showed at parkhead and actually i thought he did well at ibrox against them too. i admit he has been a failure but is he worth trying again with, for one more season?

The most ludicrous and ridiculous proosal and suggestion to date

:pipegreen:

If he was Scottish he would be the most hated man at Rangers but he's not so he's treated like some sort of cuddly pet that we all feel sorry for. And don't say that nationality has nothing to do with it 'cause it obviously does.

His touch is shocking, his passing is terrible, he jumps for a ball about 5 minutes too early, his shooting is rotten and his positioning is not great. He may have strength, pace and power but his basic footballing attributes are p*sh!

tbh ive never seen him play so i wouldnt know, but we all know some players dont sign for a team and instantly come good (drogba) i know hes not in the same league.....literaly but thats just an example from many players

If he was Scottish he would be the most hated man at Rangers but he's not so he's treated like some sort of cuddly pet that we all feel sorry for. And don't say that nationality has nothing to do with it 'cause it obviously does.

I don't agree, I think a Scottish player with the same energy and commitment would be adored by the fans.

The one thing fans always love in a player is trying hard, that's why distinctly average players like Marvin and Novo are so popular.

Ok they're not Scottish either <cr>

Nonsense.

The guy has 24 games, i'm sure at least five of them were in the last 5 minutes of the game, just to slow the pace down to finish with the lead intact.

Any player that comes to ibrox, with the heart of sebo won't be hated, regardless of their nationality... we are rangers and when you see sebo play, he plays for the jersey.

His confidence is struck, in the times hes been on, i've seen glimmers of potential.. look at his game against partizan, he was good and if he had bagged a goal, he would have been motm for that game.

I like sebo, i want him to get another season under his belt, get a good few friendlies in aswell in pre season and i think he could be a good player.

Just my opinion though, if you feel you should hate a scottish player more than a foreign player, i would check my perception of the world i'm living in.

His touch is shocking, his passing is terrible, he jumps for a ball about 5 minutes too early, his shooting is rotten and his positioning is not great. He may have strength, pace and power but his basic footballing attributes are p*sh!

You mean heez a........................................donkey ! :craphead:

all these can be worked on, he is still pretty young and will develop

He hasn't really shown anything to indicate that he will come good though. He's even shit at most of the basic things. The fact that WS and PLG (!!!) never played him says it all I think.. he must be a diddy in training too (even if they come out in the media and say the opposite, but they aren't very well going to say he's p*sh, are they?)

P.S That Stevie Lennon guy showed more in 2 games than Sebo did the entire season, and he's younger too.

Huv you been sniffin lighter fuel again :classier_than_pipeguy:

Huv you been sniffin lighter fuel again :classier_than_pipeguy:

naw buzzing gas mate :classier_than_pipeguy:

as i said ive never seen him play before due to getting fook al coverage in england

'Sebo's on, we're taking the piss' at the last OF game was a beautiful moment of sheer triumphalism.

"The swear word used within said song was disgusting..."

MOPE, Carfin

Rhecord Hotline - Comment of the Day wins Scottish Leader whiskey

He's 23, that isn't that young. Some of opur under 19's have a better touch, passing etc than Sebo.

He's 23, that isn't that young. Some of opur under 19's have a better touch, passing etc than Sebo.

fair one mate :D