is sebo worth persevering with?

Guest Andypendek

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will never know unless he gets a decent run of starts.

Well that's right. How many games has he actually started for us...4 or 5? Admittedly he hasn't looked the greatest on the occasions he's come on as sub but the team have often been struggling at the time. You have to say he's a failed signing as things stand but he definitely has not had a fair crack of the whip. One thing...his style looks suited to the Scottish game...for what we are likely to get for him if we let him go, I'd give him more of a chance.

we all know players are moving out and sebo is usually mentioned as one of those. i know he looks like an ox with a broken leg but there's something there, maybe it's simply the appetite he showed at parkhead and actually i thought he did well at ibrox against them too. i admit he has been a failure but is he worth trying again with, for one more season?

I have nothing against the guy, but the answer is NO. But I think he will still be with us because nobody will pay to take him away. :unsure:

I don't know about him, to be honest.

Against Celtic at Ibrox he beat a few men and created a goal-scoring oppertunity for himself - the only player on the books capable of doing so with sheer pace.

However, he has showed a poor first touch at times and not really done much to win the fans over.

I am not desperate for us to keep him but if we don't get an offer in I wouldn't panic.

The off-putting thing is... Smith works with him every day in training and obviously feels that he does not merit a game.

If we can get back as much of what we paid for him as possible then i would definetly let him go. He does have potential, very strong and fast but his first touch is poor most of the time and he couldnt finish his dinner. We need players who will put the ball in the back of the net. Far too many times last year we had chances to win games and didnt because we kept missing chances.

If we can get back as much of what we paid for him as possible then i would definetly let him go. He does have potential, very strong and fast but his first touch is poor most of the time and he couldnt finish his dinner. We need players who will put the ball in the back of the net. Far too many times last year we had chances to win games and didnt because we kept missing chances.

Although i understand what youre getting at and respect your opinion, do you not think his first touch & finishing are a direct result of his lack of match practice?

Its all very well doing it in training but in front of a crowd is a different story - the guys confidence must be shot. I gave him enormous credit for the way he ran at the tims on both occaisions and was very unlucky not to hit the back of the net - perhaps a lesser man may just have held the ball up and waited for support given the stick he has had to take - who knows?

I like his spirit & his desire to do well - I know he's not the most technically gifted in the world, but i would like to see him get an extended run in the reserves or a spell out on loan. It would be nice to see what a match fit, confident & goal-hungry Sebo could do.

You have to bear in mind that since he got here (esp under PLG) he sat on the bench, never starting & never getting a run in the reserves - anyone would struggle under those circumstances. Add to that a relatively young guy, in a new country, new style of football and the OF spotlight - enough to drive you mad.

But he has never hidden, and i for one would like to see him stay and work on it - til January at least.......

then if it fails - get rid of the useless twat! :lol:

It's all fine and well saying let him get a run out in the reserves or a loan deal until January to see what he's made of and if he has not done well by then punt him, but that IMO is only delaying the inevitable.

Next year our pool of strikers is likely to be: Boyd, Gow, JCD, Buffel, Novo and possibly Naismith and McCulloch. That is far stronger than we were last year and I just don't think it's likely that Sebo's doing well for the reserevs or another lesser club is going to be enough for him to jump up enough places in terms of our striking ranks and make him a starter, which he really ought to be if we really want to see what he can do.

It's all fine and well saying let him get a run out in the reserves or a loan deal until January to see what he's made of and if he has not done well by then punt him, but that IMO is only delaying the inevitable.

Next year our pool of strikers is likely to be: Boyd, Gow, JCD, Buffel, Novo and possibly Naismith and McCulloch. That is far stronger than we were last year and I just don't think it's likely that Sebo's doing well for the reserevs or another lesser club is going to be enough for him to jump up enough places in terms of our striking ranks and make him a starter, which he really ought to be if we really want to see what he can do.

Like all things i suppose time will tell.

Although i understand what youre getting at and respect your opinion, do you not think his first touch & finishing are a direct result of his lack of match practice?

Its all very well doing it in training but in front of a crowd is a different story - the guys confidence must be shot. I gave him enormous credit for the way he ran at the tims on both occaisions and was very unlucky not to hit the back of the net - perhaps a lesser man may just have held the ball up and waited for support given the stick he has had to take - who knows?

I like his spirit & his desire to do well - I know he's not the most technically gifted in the world, but i would like to see him get an extended run in the reserves or a spell out on loan. It would be nice to see what a match fit, confident & goal-hungry Sebo could do.

You have to bear in mind that since he got here (esp under PLG) he sat on the bench, never starting & never getting a run in the reserves - anyone would struggle under those circumstances. Add to that a relatively young guy, in a new country, new style of football and the OF spotlight - enough to drive you mad.

But he has never hidden, and i for one would like to see him stay and work on it - til January at least.......

then if it fails - get rid of the useless twat! :lol:

Yes the lack of match practice may play some part in his poor touch etc. I would love him to do well, he has the desire which seemed to be missing from so many of our players the past 2 years. My main problem is that i am desperate to win the title next year and i dont think we can afford to play a player with so little confidence when there are other more confident players in front of him. I would like to see us start with him in every one of our friendlies though. If he can score a couple of goals then i might be more keen to keep him for a while.

We should have been giving him those runs at the end of last season - that way we could have at least made a decision on him

Fair point, but then that isnt his fault either

1. You don't turn a bad player overnight

2. He hasn't had a big run

3. We paid a large transfer fee for him.

4. He is a worker and a trier, you can tell his attitude is good.

5. He is the type of player we need in my opinion!

6. Giving up on him would please the Celtic fans. If we kept playing him and he becomes good and rips them apart, they'd hate that.

1) Was he ever a good player??????

2) Thank f*ck

3) A panic buy by Le Guen

4) But his basic footballing attributes are non-existant

5) We dont need sh*te players

6) Waste of a jersey and I doubt he'll ever become good. Playing him just gives the tims something else to laugh at

The sooner he's gone the better and that goes for a good few of the other players!

We should have been giving him those runs at the end of last season - that way we could have at least made a decision on him

Fair point, but then that isnt his fault either

No its not JR - which makes me think Walter has already made his mind up.

He's 23, that isn't that young. Some of opur under 19's have a better touch, passing etc than Sebo.

Fair point,but then how many of our U19,s have scored 4 goals in an international. Come to think of it, other than Davy Wilson (1960,s) has any Rangers player ever scored 4 international goals?

Seiously though,I would love to see the guy come good. On balance my vote is yes,give him a decent run.

we all know players are moving out and sebo is usually mentioned as one of those. i know he looks like an ox with a broken leg but there's something there, maybe it's simply the appetite he showed at parkhead and actually i thought he did well at ibrox against them too. i admit he has been a failure but is he worth trying again with, for one more season?

Give him a chance from the outset, I have a suspicion that he can achieve and be effective. However, this is the last chance saloon and if he ain't up to the standard then it's a goodnight Vienna from WienBlue. Maybe see him back at Kartner Strasse on a Saturday afternoon's shopping.

He scored a hatrick against minnows Malta.

Okay! what's your point?he still hasen't had a fair run in the team so far.Remember your wonderful Boyd played 6-7 games in a row without coming close to scoring,(near the end of the year)now what would have been said if that had been the start of his Ibrox career,the same as what is being said of Sebo? I doubt it.Give the guy chance FFS.

He scored a hatrick against minnows Malta.

Okay! what's your point?he still hasen't had a fair run in the team so far.Remember your wonderful Boyd played 6-7 games in a row without coming close to scoring,(near the end of the year)now what would have been said if that had been the start of his Ibrox career,the same as what is being said of Sebo? I doubt it.Give the guy chance FFS.

Sebo couldnt hit a barn door, Boyd has been Rangers top scorer in the last 2 seasons. Something like 39 goals in 48 games for Rangers

Sebo won't get a chance next season and we won't find a buyer.

Might aswell give him a chance on loan at a small team in a rich league in Eastern Europe, hope he scores some goals and attracts bigger teams interest!