40 Million Quid He's Cost Us

I wonder if there fans at any other clubs who wouldnt welcome their record goalscorer into the stadium again unless he pays for a ticket? I'm certainly struggling to think of any.

Its a pretty unique situation.

Has any other huge club had such an opportunity to build a team, relatively pressure free, and made such a colossal fuck up?

Would other clubs welcome back such a manager with open arms?

Ally the player will always have legendary status. As a player.

HE chose to move into management and has fucked up incredibly.

From hero to zero.

Maybe time will heal wounds but for now its still about ally the manager. The one thats still on our payroll. The incompetent leech.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay now we are getting somewhere from the "its the boards fault ally cunted it up"

What kind of well run club has the manager conducting financial negotiations?

not many, however charles green couldnt win at the start of division 3, if ally asked for the keys to ibrox,green would have gave him them simply to keep the fanbase onside (well the majority anyway, some of us seen through allys management skills after malmo)

Tbf, the players we signed were decent performers in the SPL.

so what happened to them when ally got a hold of them, unless we wanna accuse the board of being in charge of training and tactics

Where has Andrew Robertson said he was in contract talks with Rangers? Would he have started ahead of Lee Wallace? Probably not.

robertson was available on a freebie and most likely for buttons as wages, ally instead chose to sign stevie smith, now he might not have started ahead of lee wallace, but we could have altered things, wallace at left mid maybe, or hell even give robertson his chance, everyone seen the lads ability at queens except our estemmed gaffer, there's no way united were guaranteeing him a starting place but he still went there anyway

Nicky Law was / is highly rated.

was highly rated, until once again mccoist got a hold of him, he's now been shunted wide right to accomodate a newcastle youngster because law has fallen so far, i suppose it must be hard for him, maybe he needs 3 holidays this summer instead of two, oh and who else highly rates him now, clubs werent exactly falling over themselves to bid for him in january there

Kris Boyd was the top scorer in the SPL last season, did anyone really think he'd flop this much?!

quite a few of us did,, boyd played in what was a quite impressive attacking kilmarnock team last season, well going forward anyway, we on the otherhand were pretty abysmal going foeward and creating nowhere near enough chances that boyd needs

we released our top goalscorer from division 3, bought and then benched the top goalscorer for queens the same season in division 2, while bringing back a 35yo striker who's main asset left him about 2 years ago and a striker who has never been able to work and create his own chances ever

since we went down to division 3, has any of allys singings improved or been even remotely successful?

Its a pretty unique situation.

Has any other huge club had such an opportunity to build a team, relatively pressure free, and made such a colossal fuck up?

Would other clubs welcome back such a manager with open arms?

Ally the player will always have legendary status. As a player.

HE chose to move into management and has fucked up incredibly.

From hero to zero.

Maybe time will heal wounds but for now its still about ally the manager. The one thats still on our payroll. The incompetent leech.

Realistically he should never have been manager in the first place and he ended up being in the job far longer than he should have been but even now l can still separate the player from the manager and I hope in time that wound heals for other people too.

We talk about the chance he had to rebuild the club, but McCoist could only do so much of it. Yes he fucked up his role in it and he's responsible for identifying high profile players who cost stupid money but I do think people are too quick to blame him for elements that were outwith his control.

He used a sledgehammer to crack a walnut and I've criticised how irresponsible that was for ages but if the bean counters and higher ups are giving anybody in any line of work the ok to spend money people will do it and McCoist was no different.

We still needed to spend money on the infrastructure of the club to make it run better in the long term and even after raising nearly 25 million pounds through a share issue key elements like scouting & youth development still haven't been addressed. People will say McCoist could have insisted the money he spent went into that, but considering how difficult everything we have done has been I think it would be incredibly naive to think the board would have agreed and gone along with it because none of them have ever been in it for the right reasons either IMO.

It's basically been a nightmare period for the club on so many levels. It's been run and managed by people who were totally incompetent at every single level and I just hope we are close to coming out the other end of it.

Some of our fans have absolutely lost the plot and gone to crazy town.

Don't get me wrong I think McCoist was an absolute disaster of a manager for us. I had doubts from the off, I wanted him out long before he left and I know fine well he has left a mess (I don't think he's the sole cause of the state we are in though) but I can't believe you actually see people who now try to undermine and understate his place in our history as a player and openly question that he's even a Rangers fan.

Bluepeter9 & AlBear always talk about how people have been looking for somebody to aim their anger at and a lot of it has fallen on McCoist as a result and reading this thread it's really hard to disagree with them.

The sad thing is it's not just McCoist who gets it. It seems that anybody who's ever had an association with us in the past is now considered a leech, a hanger on or a parasite by sections of a support who like to hold up dignity and respect for the clubs history as two of the staples that sets us apart from other clubs.

I wonder if there fans at any other clubs who wouldnt welcome their record goalscorer into the stadium again unless he pays for a ticket? I'm certainly struggling to think of any.

(tu)

Spot on.

Well done Ally, fuckasake about two hours wages of sitting doing his garden up, aye thanks Ally.

I'm not condoning what he earns and how he still is but he's paying for his own tickets regardless, not getting 'freebies' as some are getting at.

and thats a reserved guess

Ally McCoist and his "vision" for the club at the start of division 3 has cost us 40million quid at best

First team wages, bonuses, management wages, lost income through shite football, lost cup prize money, lost tv revenue for early cup exits, lost revenue from matchday income, and most likely lost revenue from promotion to the SPFL top division

and to think the guy is still sitting at home earning a cool 15k a week while watching his "team" stumble from one disaster to another

what a fucking costly mistake he was, we will take years to recover from this

Thanks Ally

edit to add, the worst part about it is that we arent even gonna go up, had we destroyed everyone in front of us, played excellent football and developed as a team, then fair enough

but 40mill for that SHITE, deary fucking me

and people backed him to the hilt, and some still do :anguish:

FFS have a word with yourself. Yes he was a shit manager and made a lot of bad choices, however, in his life he has done a lot of good for the club starting with 9iar. Also, as I already stated in one of the many, many, many Ally hating threads, if it wasn't for Ally McCoist we would be a good few titles lighter because Charlie would have handed them over without any fight.

I think people need to stop being so disrespectful and grow up.

FFS have a word with yourself. Yes he was a shit manager and made a lot of bad choices, however, in his life he has done a lot of good for the club starting with 9iar. Also, as I already stated in one of the many, many, many Ally hating threads, if it wasn't for Ally McCoist we would be a good few titles lighter because Charlie would have handed them over without any fight.

I think people need to stop being so disrespectful and grow up.

Where in my op have i slated his playing achievements

Hop off your broom and actually read the fucking thing first,

Where in my op have i slated his playing achievements

Hop off your broom and actually read the fucking thing first,

I apologise. I actually didn't mean to quote your OP however I wish to fuck people would stop fucking going on and on and on and fucking on about it. There are literally hundreds of threads hating Ally and you felt the need to start another one. You must have known how this would pan out?

Anyway my post was aimed at the folk saying Ally should never enter Ibrox again (not the OP (before you get overly sensitive again))!

BTW my broom is parked up for the night!

I'll ask the question no one is willing to answer. How do you propose Mccoist gets out of his contract when the current board will not come to any form of agreement with him unless there is a confidentiality agreement?

Very simple, he resigns!! No pay off and no confidentiality clause.

I'll ask the question no one is willing to answer. How do you propose Mccoist gets out of his contract when the current board will not come to any form of agreement with him unless there is a confidentiality agreement?

By law, an employeee can only be held to work a notice period equal to the salary payment period. Ie if he gets paid monthly, he can walk one month after resigning.

I have three month period of notice. I get paid monthly. If I resign, whether or not I work my three months notice depends on my good will.

Mccoist is leeching pure and simple.

What prove do u have of the confidentiality issue?

What kind of well run club has the manager conducting financial negotiations?

Tbf, the players we signed were decent performers in the SPL.

Where has Andrew Robertson said he was in contract talks with Rangers? Would he have started ahead of Lee Wallace? Probably not.

Nicky Law was / is highly rated.

Kris Boyd was the top scorer in the SPL last season, did anyone really think he'd flop this much?!

The manager is given a budget to work with for both transfers and wages. He decides how to allocate that budget.

Re kb. The managers job is not just to look at which players do beat at other clubs and buy them ffs. They need to consider what changes they would need to make to their own team structure AND TACTI CS ETC etc.to get the best out of that player BEFORE buying him. Mccoist did not do that.

I reckon McCoist will recind his contract IF King gets control. Forget confidentiality, McCoist has a book coming out at the end of this year. It will reveal everything that went on since Whyte got the reins until his notice of resignation. King won't mind that hence why I see an agreement after the EGM.

If McCoist doesn't give up his contract then I will look upon him in a very different light.

By law, an employeee can only be held to work a notice period equal to the salary payment period. Ie if he gets paid monthly, he can walk one month after resigning.

I have three month period of notice. I get paid monthly. If I resign, whether or not I work my three months notice depends on my good will.

Mccoist is leeching pure and simple.

What prove do u have of the confidentiality issue?

An employer can, as part of the terms of a contract of employment stipulate a longer notice term. If the employee was to leave after his statutory notice period, but in breach of his contractual terms, it would most likely end up at an employment tribunal.

Only proof the word of a couple Ibrox employees, and the agent of a number of our younger players.

I'm sure you'll have irrefutable proof he's 'leeching pure and simple'?