Mark Warburton & Davie Weir

Ferris Bueller

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all sincerity though, there's a young successful manager, assistant and sporting director right there ready to go. Knowledge of Rangers and the Scottish scene through Weir, English lower leagues through Warburton and a man to implement a scouting setup. Looks good to me.

In all sincerity though, there's a young successful manager, assistant and sporting director right there ready to go. Knowledge of Rangers and the Scottish scene through Weir, English lower leagues through Warburton and a man to implement a scouting setup. Looks good to me.

All serious chat in the Boardroom section if you don't mind..

:)

Can't say I know that much about Warburton, or Brentford's style of play to be honest but the fact he helped get them promoted and to where they are in the Championship is certainly impressive. Also it appears EPL clubs, QPR in particular are showing a keen interest so he and his team must be doing something right.

Isnt Warburton the bloke who was a City Trader and decided he wanted to be a football manager and the idea was laughed at when he got the job at Brentford?

Looks like it mate. Our very own Wolf of Wall Street. Obviously it would depend on what type of Wolf breed he is of course....

While at Enfield, Warburton became a trader in London and also worked in the United States.[4][11] Looking back in 2014 on his time in the City, he said "I was a currency dealer for the likes of Bank of America, AIG and RBS. I was getting up at 4:32 for 20-odd years, leave the house at 4:52, get the 5:02 train into Liverpool Street, at my desk at 5:45, getting home at 7pm and take phone calls through the night, orders from New York. I was well paid, good at what I did. There was a lot of risk, a lot of pressure. My personal turnover would be £1.5 billion to £2 billion a day".[6] Warburton cites parallels between trading and football management, including teamwork, communication, competition and man management.[80] Warburton is married to Liz and his son,[6] Jack, was a youth player at Watford and Leicester City, before moving to Canada to play for USL Premier Development League side K-W United.[81][82] He signed a six-month deal with Brentford's Development Squad in January 2015 and also represented Northern Ireland at U16 andU17 level